Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Shreksteam said:

Can someone explain what the hell the DAR files is for? There are too many files to figure out what they do. Do I install the Smithing C SE with Smithing DAR? I don't understand, am I only supposed to install DAR? Making my brain hurt, and it shouldn't but there is no description for what any of this shit is.

Also I think the files for GS_SLAL and GS_SLAL creatures is broken. Everytime I install it, my character T poses, when uninstalling, everything works. I have Dynamic Animation Replacer. 

As far as I have it, just install DAR, place it somewhere in your load order, then install and place any DAR animations directly after the main DAR mod.

Seemed to be that simple for me, I was confused about it too at first cos everywhere I went to learn about it hit me with a giant wall of text lol.

But yea, then someone said the above, and I couldn't believe it was that simple. XD

Oh and also, DAR doesn't add animations in the same way as FNIS, in fact, the way they both do it is seperate.

You do not need to run FNIS for anims added by DAR, and BOTH anim loaders seem to be able to run their animations together IF... obviously the two aren't trying to overwrite the same animations, example: both are overwriting the "idle" anim etc, etc.

Edited by AnonAngelion
On 4/29/2024 at 4:11 PM, ebbluminous said:

Gunslicer hasn't been on here for nearly a year, they just upped and left one day. No idea why, if anyone knows I'd be interested to hear the reason.

GS posts updates on their Pateron, but seems to be combat type animations rather than LL stuff.

I have Gunslicer followed on patreon, he does seem to post there fairly often, not sure why he stopped posting here, maybe he just got tired of posting stuff in 2 different places 🤷‍♂️

Most of the big animators have been frequenting their sub sites the most these days.

1 hour ago, AnonAngelion said:

As far as I have it, just install DAR, place it somewhere in your load order, then install and place any DAR animations directly after the main DAR mod.

Seemed to be that simple for me, I was confused about it too at first cos everywhere I went to learn about it hit me with a giant wall of text lol.

But yea, then someone said the above, and I couldn't believe it was that simple. XD

Oh and also, DAR doesn't add animations in the same way as FNIS, in fact, the way they both do it is seperate.

You do not need to run FNIS for anims added by DAR, and BOTH anim loaders seem to be able to run their animations together IF... obviously the two aren't trying to overwrite the same animations, example: both are overwriting the "idle" anim etc, etc.

I guess that makes sense but I am still confused as to why the T-pose after installing them, I'll give it a try and come back without running FNIS when installing them. 

So I just need the Smithing Wheel SE C Anim, or do I need DAR anim for Smithing Wheel too?

1 hour ago, Shreksteam said:

I guess that makes sense but I am still confused as to why the T-pose after installing them, I'll give it a try and come back without running FNIS when installing them. 

So I just need the Smithing Wheel SE C Anim, or do I need DAR anim for Smithing Wheel too?

Only use one or the other, NOT both.

trying to use the FNIS and DAR versions of the exact same anim will most certainly cause issues.

I don't use SE myself, I'm on LE, so not sure if there are any special steps for that version of the game, I doubt it...

All I know is, pay close attention to which version you're installing, if it's FNIS version, run FNIS, if it's DAR, you "Should" be able to just drop the file in your load order, as long as it's underneath DAR's main file, and it "Should" run straight out of the box.

I do not use PCEA btw, so dunno if that changes anything, I forget what it stands for exactly but it's basically the mod that makes certain anims from either FNIS or DAR work exclusively for the player character and no one else.

With the above in mind, as long as you aren't overwriting any FNIS anims with the exact same anim but for DAR, it doesn't break anything normally if you run FNIS with DAR anims installed or not.

I'm using BOTH FNIS and DAR myself, and I run FNIS all the time with no issues.

FNIS generates anim files directly into the virtual folder for Mod Organizer for example, while for DAR, you are merely installing it's own self contained file structure, then adding files onto it in the same way you would install an average patch I believe.

I hope that helps to clarify things, and I wish you luck.

20 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

Only use one or the other, NOT both.

trying to use the FNIS and DAR versions of the exact same anim will most certainly cause issues.

I don't use SE myself, I'm on LE, so not sure if there are any special steps for that version of the game, I doubt it...

All I know is, pay close attention to which version you're installing, if it's FNIS version, run FNIS, if it's DAR, you "Should" be able to just drop the file in your load order, as long as it's underneath DAR's main file, and it "Should" run straight out of the box.

I do not use PCEA btw, so dunno if that changes anything, I forget what it stands for exactly but it's basically the mod that makes certain anims from either FNIS or DAR work exclusively for the player character and no one else.

With the above in mind, as long as you aren't overwriting any FNIS anims with the exact same anim but for DAR, it doesn't break anything normally if you run FNIS with DAR anims installed or not.

I'm using BOTH FNIS and DAR myself, and I run FNIS all the time with no issues.

FNIS generates anim files directly into the virtual folder for Mod Organizer for example, while for DAR, you are merely installing it's own self contained file structure, then adding files onto it in the same way you would install an average patch I believe.

I hope that helps to clarify things, and I wish you luck.

Ahhh ok I see, appreciate that, I accidently created a rar file with both DAR and the animations, gonna have to redo it dammit.

Posted (edited)

Also for those who are curious and can't see through the cluttered files. GSPoses gives you pose animations, GSSLAL and GSLAL Creatures will give you sexlab animations, no need for running FNIS after install or you get a T pose, its odd, idk either

Edited by Shreksteam

mod is great! i was wondering how did you get the Khajiit to have a human head exactly? i know you said you merged 2 textures together, but i a noob at modding so i have no clue on how to do that lol 😛