THE VAMPIRE DANTE STRIKES AGAIN :D

While my heart agrees my head doesn't! There are a lot of mods on that site that might disappear forever if it went down!! That would be everyone's loss.

Due to all the foolishness I set aside a 1 terabyte hd and have started to archive any mod that I even "think" I might want to use - just in case it disappears suddenly one day!!

Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me........or something like that......:)

Smart man!

I've never seen a site before that proudly displays it's Daily Bannings.

That reminds me of the middle ages where they publicly humiliated criminals in the streets and their zealous way of doing it reminds me of the inquisition. It doesn't surprise me one bit that the staff are all Americans. They all probably come from the south and are part of some religious sect. But it's good that they sneak around here(god knows what would happen if they got caught), because it could broaden there perspective a bit.

Dark0ne can't do anything by himself though. He's just a puppet for the moderators to toy with. He also seems to be youngest in the staff, and the only one with a sense of humour.

What did she do?

Apparently...

1. Various textures taken and used without consent from mod author.

2. Ignoring warning from said mod author about use of content.

3. Upload of Fallout 3 DLC content to Fallout New Vegas Nexus as part of file.

1 and 2, ok... valid reasons if true... #3 though? That's a HUGE chunk of files on NVNexus that they should be banning now. The fact they aren't shows they do no give a fuck about enforcing their own rules properly.

which is no surprise, really.

What did she do?

Apparently...

1 and 2' date=' ok... valid reasons if true... #3 though? That's a HUGE chunk of files on NVNexus that they should be banning now. The fact they aren't shows they do no give a fuck about enforcing their own rules properly.

[/quote']

BlackBlossom is a huge loss.

And yeah, I think they often go overboard with their bans, for example one of the best weapon modders (Earache) was banned for using "harsh language" against a freaking troll, but saying they do not give a fuck about enforcing their own rules is stretching the truth: they have like 4 or 5 active moderators, and like 10,000 files uploaded, so they cannot check and compare the contents of every effing upload to other mods and DLCs. Long story short, you can upload stuff and get away with it until another member gets pissed or wants to play goody-two-shoes and reports you to the moderators. Tera/Aion armors are a big no-no there, they set off the 'ripped stuff' alarm in no time.

If they suspended people then it would make more sense but a straight ban is stupid. They just piss everyone off straight away and wonder why people can't be civil.

I'd be demanding they pulled down all my mods if the banned me and I had any major mods worth anything like a lot of those Banned have.

It wouldn't take much for someone else to make a clone site with less draconian enforcement to suck away all the Banned people then get everyone Banned demand their content be removed from Nexus. Sure Pirated content is one thing, but protecting free mod work with the Death Penalty?

Especially if someone got it up and running before Skrim became popular and grabbed all the Skrim Modders & Mod Users.

I'd like to see a Mature rated Sister site of LoversLab do that to Nexus :)

THE VAMPIRE DANTE STRIKES AGAIN :D

my dummy account whoam1 from the nexus site got banned because i've uploaded a picture that contains a mod that was banned in the site

Damn you nexus :D

Will create a account and act as the most silent person alive :P

Honestly, I only use TESNexus as a means of leeching off the files uploaded there. Unless I have a serious problem or there's some strong need for me to post something, I just go about my business silently. I've never had any issues with the moderators there in the past but reading all these horror stories from people has made me a lurker over there. And that's too bad since I would like to be part of their community.

If they suspended people then it would make more sense but a straight ban is stupid. They just piss everyone off straight away and wonder why people can't be civil.

I'd be demanding they pulled down all my mods if the banned me and I had any major mods worth anything like a lot of those Banned have.

It wouldn't take much for someone else to make a clone site with less draconian enforcement to suck away all the Banned people then get everyone Banned demand their content be removed from Nexus. Sure Pirated content is one thing' date=' but protecting free mod work with the Death Penalty?

Especially if someone got it up and running before Skrim became popular and grabbed all the Skrim Modders & Mod Users.

I'd like to see a Mature rated Sister site of LoversLab do that to Nexus :)

[/quote']

This...I couldn't agree more. You don't get lifetime prison for throwing garbage at people, for example. But enough about them for now. I admit it's fun to bash idiots but they don't deserve this much attention imo.

This...I couldn't agree more. You don't get lifetime prison for throwing garbage at people' date=' for example. But enough about them for now. I admit it's fun to bash idiots but they don't deserve this much attention imo.

[/quote']I'd personally look at the music/movie industry for their "99+80" years of copyright for making it so that if you indeed, dare, even consider breathing, let alone humming a tune. It's 45 years up the river, or a $2m fine, or perhaps both. Just remember you filthy pirate, you're worse than a murder.

This...I couldn't agree more. You don't get lifetime prison for throwing garbage at people' date=' for example. But enough about them for now. I admit it's fun to bash idiots but they don't deserve this much attention imo.

[/quote']I'd personally look at the music/movie industry for their "99+80" years of copyright for making it so that if you indeed, dare, even consider breathing, let alone humming a tune. It's 45 years up the river, or a $2m fine, or perhaps both. Just remember you filthy pirate, you're worse than a murder.

What the hell are you ranting about? I think you quoted the wrong person there and it isn't my fault that your record didn't sell enough. I didn't even say a word about piracy or that I have pirated anything. Piracy worse than murder? Lol, go get some perspective on things.

What the hell are you ranting about? I think you quoted the wrong person there and it isn't my fault that your record didn't sell enough. I didn't even say a word about piracy or that I have pirated anything. Piracy worse than murder? Lol, go get some perspective on things.

I think you may have missed the sarcasm of the post :)

I think you may have missed the sarcasm of the post :)

Hehe, that was pretty far-fetched and I didn't understand the part "99+80" years of copyright, so I was a bit confused at the whole thing.

That reminds me of the time when I reported someone for posting a screenshot with ripped content and got a warning for "sniping". Apparently I was trying to target the uploader to get her banned. Yes' date=' I didn't like her but they couldn't prove anything. She also claimed the screenshot didn't violate the rules because the ripped content wasn't a central piece. It would barely have been a screenshot if not for the ripped armor, lol, and it wasn't the first time she did it.

This clearly shows that nexus favours some of their "pets".

[/quote']

Just a quick non relating quicky "be careful about nexus topics here apparently they are monitoring us, Even TheDarkOne(Robbin Scott) posted something that relates to this community although no name is given"

that bothers me a little, i wonder if they are petty enough to ban people on their site for what they say here?

i hope not, not for my sake but just because it will make them look like butthurt crybabies.

i await the heavy blow of the banhammer lurking mods of nexus for saying something bad about you on a site that you don't have anything to do with.

What did she do?

Apparently...

1 and 2' date=' ok... valid reasons if true... #3 though? That's a HUGE chunk of files on NVNexus that they should be banning now. The fact they aren't shows they do no give a fuck about enforcing their own rules properly.

[/quote']

BB uploaded a NV conversion of her Man Trap Armour from Fallout 3, as per http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44141

... I knew I should have grabbed it when I saw it go online. This is just re-fuckin-diculious.

Edit: Oh and the fact that it's a repost of her own work, I'm unsure how reason 1 and 2 are remotely valid. And reason 3, while technically valid, is invalidated for the reason Tregarin stated.

BB uploaded a NV conversion of her Man Trap Armour from Fallout 3' date=' as per http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44141

... I knew I should have grabbed it when I saw it go online. This is just re-fuckin-diculious.

Edit: Oh and the fact that it's a repost of her own work, I'm unsure how reason 1 and 2 are remotely valid. And reason 3, while technically valid, is invalidated for the reason Tregarin stated.

[/quote']

BlackBlossom has been reinstated, I've checked her profile in the morning.

That reminds me of the time when I reported someone for posting a screenshot with ripped content and got a warning for "sniping". Apparently I was trying to target the uploader to get her banned. Yes' date=' I didn't like her but they couldn't prove anything. She also claimed the screenshot didn't violate the rules because the ripped content wasn't a central piece. It would barely have been a screenshot if not for the ripped armor, lol, and it wasn't the first time she did it.

[/quote']

Just a quick non relating quicky "be careful about nexus topics here apparently they are monitoring us, Even TheDarkOne(Robbin Scott) posted something that relates to this community although no name is given"

that bothers me a little, i wonder if they are petty enough to ban people on their site for what they say here?

i hope not, not for my sake but just because it will make them look like butthurt crybabies.

i await the heavy blow of the banhammer lurking mods of nexus for saying something bad about you on a site that you don't have anything to do with.

If they did that, it would be proof of the hypocrisy. Forbidding people from even mentioning this place and then trolling about here themselves, snagging all the good files and finding more targets for their itchy banhammer. I hate people that try to force their good morals on others when they can't stick to them themselves, so I hope that's not the case.

Mind you, have read that they have extended their rules there to be able to ban you for bad behaviour not only on their site, but on other sites as well. Which, when you stop and think about it, it is kinda dumb - that'd be like one nightclub you frequent kicking you out because you got drunk and danced on the bar at another.:-/

Mind you' date=' have read that they have extended their rules there to be able to ban you for bad behaviour not only on their site, but on other sites as well. Which, when you stop and think about it, it is kinda dumb - that'd be like one nightclub you frequent kicking you out because you got drunk and danced on the bar at another.:-/

[/quote']

Sweet... now all I have to do is make an account with the name of a certain moderator, act like a total dick, maybe ask for some not-adult sexy mods... then send a PM to one of the other moderators at nexus and see what happens...

Or that could be done with ANY member over there... what kind of fucking idiots do you have to be to come up with a rule that is so easily abusable?? Do they not think this shit through?!?

[/quote']

If they did that, it would be proof of the hypocrisy. Forbidding people from even mentioning this place and then trolling about here themselves, snagging all the good files and finding more targets for their itchy banhammer. I hate people that try to force their good morals on others when they can't stick to them themselves, so I hope that's not the case.

it is pathetic, sadly there seems to be an epidemic of ass-up-head disease and they suffer from this deadly affliction like so many other people.

it is hard to give a shit though, since they feel the right, no the privilege to abuse the trust of the people that sign up for their site.

after all the people posting stuff are the ones keeping the site alive, not them.

Mind you' date=' have read that they have extended their rules there to be able to ban you for bad behaviour not only on their site, but on other sites as well. Which, when you stop and think about it, it is kinda dumb - that'd be like one nightclub you frequent kicking you out because you got drunk and danced on the bar at another.:-/

[/quote']

where can i find that out? that is fucking insane, it is mind boggling insane.

they don't have the right to ban people based on conduct on websites they don't own.

what are they smoking to think they should have the right to ban people for doing things they don't approve of on websites they don't own?

they sound like the bloody religious nutjobs that try to meddle in peoples lives because they don't approve of something that doesn't affect them.

edit: come to think of it, maybe they are afraid of people telling others how shitty their mods are and how horrible they treat users.

that might be it, rather than fixing the problems the website has, they just want to remove people who tell the truth, hoping ignorant people sign up and post stuff.

Think on this for a sec....

Let's toss a hypothetical out there and say that I take the "All New House" and put it in it's own wordlspace. Then I populate it with servants based on Vilja, Serilith, and Astrianna. Then I turn around and use GSB Modders' Dragon Song as their uniforms while not crediting any of the original creators - basically claiming all the work is my own.

I then take "my mod" (that was cobbled together from material stolen from 5 other modders) and post it over on Anvil Bay or Gamesource and say this is all my work.

Wouldn't you want to see me get banned from this site for that?

That is what that rule really meant to be. But we all know there's a zealot that will twist that to mean what he wants it to be and will behave accordingly. So if you break any rule on this site (like say, flaming or questioning their moderators' descisions/judgement/motivations) he'll ban you with a great big smile on his face.

While that does sound logical DarkNinja13 it IS NOT practical. Who is going to be in charge of investigating and hearing appeals and tracking down who did what and when offsite....who did and didn't have x, y, and/or z's permissions.....no, no, Hell NO!! You open a can of snakes that WILL bite everyone.

Far better to keep the Las Vegas mentality...what happens in Vegas....stays in Vegas.

Or said another way....if it didn't happen onsite, then it didn't happen.

We aren't talking about a paying job, or some profession in which lives or national security depends. We are talking about non-profit entertainment for crying out loud!

So someone does post crap to another website...it is wrong, but who is really physically or mentally harmed here...????

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all implying any disrespect of your or anyone else's opinion here.....I am just a little worn down on the whole 5 year old temper tantrums and wanting THEIR way Right now nonsense.