oblivion newbie

johntrine

yep. the only problem i still have is very very rarely, oblivion doesn't start and i hate the repair armor and weapon thing aaaaand a lack of add item like mod... but besides this, it's a good game. THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE!!!

edit- also, just that some mods on loverslab are either difficult for me to install since i have no idea how to install each files in each respective folder (like the foot fix... i still haven't installed it)

1 hour ago, johntrine said:

edit- also, just that some mods on loverslab are either difficult for me to install since i have no idea how to install each files in each respective folder (like the foot fix... i still haven't installed it)

That's why I told you start with Lovers after you played Oblivion some months and know how to install Mods MANUALLY, replace/find meshes and textures in your game folder ( know the folder structure)

If you do not know were the default body is in your game folders then you should not start with Lovers.

But the foot fix is part of my yellow Link body replacer installation.  It is the same as the foot fix from the LAPF page.

And if you have read my yellow Link you have read it is a "HGEC foot fix" !

So if you use DMRA you do not install a "HGEC foot fix"  ! ! ! ! !  ( You have DMRA feet , not HGEC feet . You have told me you want to use DMRA )

7 hours ago, fejeena said:

That's why I told you start with Lovers after you played Oblivion some months and know how to install Mods MANUALLY, replace/find meshes and textures in your game folder ( know the folder structure)

If you do not know were the default body is in your game folders then you should not start with Lovers.

But the foot fix is part of my yellow Link body replacer installation.  It is the same as the foot fix from the LAPF page.

And if you have read my yellow Link you have read it is a "HGEC foot fix" !

So if you use DMRA you do not install a "HGEC foot fix"  ! ! ! ! !  ( You have DMRA feet , not HGEC feet . You have told me you want to use DMRA )

nah. currently i'm using hgec. it's difficult for me to install the foot fix... well more like inconvenient for me since i have to find the fikes and then see if some other mod overwrites that and... you know.. the usual mod organiser problems. XD i kinda glanced at loverslab mods to see some interesting ones but most had separated files and little to no info on how to install or what they do. like if they add items or places or quests and such. so instead i planned on adding nexus mods or to be exact armors. and now my game is unstable.... gotta turn new mods on and off to see whats causing the problem until i find the perfect solution... so the usual bethesda games stuff.. XP

Unstable in most cases it is the load order.

------------------

As I said some days ago always unpack Mod files. You can delete what you do not want before you get a conflict.

Example: In many BBB armor and clothes Mods are BBB skeletons, but old and outdated. Delete the skeletons before you install the Mods. So they will not overwrite your Growlf's Universal skeleton ( or if you install LAPF one day the LAPF skeleton)

Even if you do not know what you can delete in a Mod you will learn the folder structure.

Then you will notice that a Mod do not need a install readme.

esp and esm in the data folder. If there are more esp  read the download page again if there is no readme. And if it is a patch (LoversX LoversY Patch.esp) you install the patch only if you have the Mod ( LoversY . Why install a Patch for a Mod you do not have and use ? )

and folders like meshes, textures, sound, OBSE, Trees, ini, Shaders  in the data folder.

------------

If you have checked some body replacer Mods ( and the readmes of the Mods) you have seen or read about the folder data\meshes\characters\_male

That is the folder with the default body (male and female) and most of the animations and the skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif.

The foot fix is only a nif file:  femalefoot.nif

You install it after you have installed the " HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12-34442.omod " . Let it overwrite the femalefoot.nif in the folder.

If you use another HGEC replacer maybe you do not need the foot fix. Or the feet from the foot fix do not match the lower body.

The foot in the " HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12-34442.omod " looks like this

Spoiler

Ofoot.jpg

blocky ugly toes

The foot fix looks like

Spoiler

footfix.jpg

But there are two HGEC versions. Many years ago a Modder changed slightly the lowerbody- foot junction.

And other Modders use it to create armor and clothes Mods or add the body in a SetBody Mod.

Today about half of the body, armor and clothes Mods use one of the version, the other Mods use other version.

The LAPF and HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12-34442.omod  and the food fix use "version A"

Set body reloaded use "version B"

If you use the nif files from SetBody reloaded to replace your default body in data\meshes\characters\_male:

1. you do not need the foot fix, SetBody reload have nice round toes. ( and the foot fix will not match the SetBody reloaded lowerbody )

2. The LAPF lowerbodies will not match the SetBody reloaded femalefoot.nif

3. So if you use LAPF and Setbody reloaded you should use LoversJoystick ( A setbody reloaded plugin/Patch). Or you copy the lowerbodies from LoversJoystick in the LAPF folders and overwrite the original LAPF lowerbodies.

If you see this in game you have mixed both HGEC versions.

Spoiler

shit.jpg

Lowerbody and feet from different HGEC versions.

The same problem you will have with all armor-clothes mods with visible lowerbody- foot junction.

You can use the Tool SeamMender to fix it. ( or replace the foot or lowerbody in the nif with the right body ( use NifSkope, but it is not always possible.  Or use another armor-clothes mod )

10 hours ago, fejeena said:

Unstable in most cases it is the load order.

------------------

As I said some days ago always unpack Mod files. You can delete what you do not want before you get a conflict.

Example: In many BBB armor and clothes Mods are BBB skeletons, but old and outdated. Delete the skeletons before you install the Mods. So they will not overwrite your Growlf's Universal skeleton ( or if you install LAPF one day the LAPF skeleton)

Even if you do not know what you can delete in a Mod you will learn the folder structure.

Then you will notice that a Mod do not need a install readme.

esp and esm in the data folder. If there are more esp  read the download page again if there is no readme. And if it is a patch (LoversX LoversY Patch.esp) you install the patch only if you have the Mod ( LoversY . Why install a Patch for a Mod you do not have and use ? )

and folders like meshes, textures, sound, OBSE, Trees, ini, Shaders  in the data folder.

------------

If you have checked some body replacer Mods ( and the readmes of the Mods) you have seen or read about the folder data\meshes\characters\_male

That is the folder with the default body (male and female) and most of the animations and the skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif.

The foot fix is only a nif file:  femalefoot.nif

You install it after you have installed the " HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12-34442.omod " . Let it overwrite the femalefoot.nif in the folder.

If you use another HGEC replacer maybe you do not need the foot fix. Or the feet from the foot fix do not match the lower body.

The foot in the " HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12-34442.omod " looks like this

Hide contents

Ofoot.jpg

blocky ugly toes

The foot fix looks like

Hide contents

footfix.jpg

But there are two HGEC versions. Many years ago a Modder changed slightly the lowerbody- foot junction.

And other Modders use it to create armor and clothes Mods or add the body in a SetBody Mod.

Today about half of the body, armor and clothes Mods use one of the version, the other Mods use other version.

The LAPF and HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12-34442.omod  and the food fix use "version A"

Set body reloaded use "version B"

If you use the nif files from SetBody reloaded to replace your default body in data\meshes\characters\_male:

1. you do not need the foot fix, SetBody reload have nice round toes. ( and the foot fix will not match the SetBody reloaded lowerbody )

2. The LAPF lowerbodies will not match the SetBody reloaded femalefoot.nif

3. So if you use LAPF and Setbody reloaded you should use LoversJoystick ( A setbody reloaded plugin/Patch). Or you copy the lowerbodies from LoversJoystick in the LAPF folders and overwrite the original LAPF lowerbodies.

If you see this in game you have mixed both HGEC versions.

Hide contents

shit.jpg

Lowerbody and feet from different HGEC versions.

The same problem you will have with all armor-clothes mods with visible lowerbody- foot junction.

You can use the Tool SeamMender to fix it. ( or replace the foot or lowerbody in the nif with the right body ( use NifSkope, but it is not always possible.  Or use another armor-clothes mod )

i use mod organiser so i dont have to be worried that much about something overwriting essential mods like skeleton since it will show, and i can very easily fix it by moving it below the other mod. (yes i mean the installed mod and not just the esp) btw, one of the mods (i've disabled it for now) shows it required a .esm file of a high heel system call vij something something which when i installed it, it was .esp.. is it probably a dependency error or was that mod originally .esm?

also, my journey came to an abrupt end as i got over encumbered and dont know how to drop items.

.... my journey came to an abrupt end as i got over encumbered and dont know how to drop items.

Read the Oblivion instructions ( I am sure even the Steam version have it.  Or much faster, use Google )

Spoiler
Open the inventory
Hold shift and click on the item you wish to drop and the object is dropped.
If it is more than one item ( maybe 7 potatoes ) a menu opens and you can select how many item you want to drop.

-----------------------

Yes the VipCxj_HighHeels Mod have a  VipCxj_HighHeels.esp not esm. ( The esp and the OBSE plugin is all you have to install to use armor-clothes highHeel Mods: VipCxj_HighHeels.esp  and  vipcxj_plugin_collection.dll )

You can change the wrong Mod esp with TES4Edit or TES4Gecko. ( or send me the armor-clothes esp )

Or you use TES4Edit and delete the VipCxj_HighHeels Mod Masterfile  and the scripts in the Mod esp and then you replace the high heel shoes/boots nif with normal shoes.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:15 PM, fejeena said:

.... my journey came to an abrupt end as i got over encumbered and dont know how to drop items.

Read the Oblivion instructions ( I am sure even the Steam version have it.  Or much faster, use Google )

yeah. i did. i just wanted to share this cos this was funny. think as your adventure came to an end not cos some giant deadra slays you or you die in some great war, but cos you have too much stuff and you dont know how to throw stuff. XD

• 2 months later...

This is my set up...

Win XP

dual core 2.7ghz

3 gig of Ram

512mb PCI video card.

I'm currently at 175 mods and my game is pretty stable and playable. It took a lot of trail and error with a lot of tweaking...mainly in ini edits. I did a lot of winXP cleaning as well. Things like disabling services I didn't need in XP. I also shut off any programs running in the background.

There are a few mods that will help with stability. Mods like Streamline, Oblivion Stutter Remover, and Engine Bug Fixes. Those are a must with low end machines. Tweak Guides will help you set up your Oblivion ini. 

If you use Streamline and Oblivion Stutter Remover (OSR), you will have to pay attention to the documentation. Streamline will reduce graphics depending on the demand the game is asking for. OSR will make use of multiple core processors. When using both, you will have to set OSR to be within range of Streamline's Min and Max FPS settings. This is explained on OSR's download page on Nexus. 

Get all of the "unofficial" patches for Oblivion. If you have the GOTY version and the DLCs, you will a patch for every single one. This can be found on Nexus. 

For body textures, I use High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC 2048x2048. There is a 4096x4096 version, but it slows things down. What I do is use 4096 for certain NPCs I wouldn't mind seeing up close, but that has to be set with Blockhead's body overrides, or if you create an NPC in the construction set. 

I don't use any graphics mods. It would be too much. One has to find a happy medium. Mine I chose more NPCs than pretty graphics. I use Lively Cities, From2chLives, and MOO. They all add just enough NPCs to make it seem populated. I also use OOO as well. 

As for mod manager, I use Wyre Bash mainly and OBMM as a side. I used OBMM to set up Omod mods in the beginning and for archive invalidation. Then I switched to Wyre Bash to maintain the rest of my mods, reordering, and bash patch. Wrye Bash goes a lot further then any mod manager..it's a must imo.

Pretty much everything I learned, I learned it from posts here on Lover's Lab. Fejeena, Gregathit, and Movomo's responses to posts have helped me tremendously even if the topic wasn't about what I was troubleshooting. I just recommend paying attention to their posts when you see it because it can give you insight when least expected. 

I basically posted a few things to show you that it CAN be done. It just takes a lot of patience, and trial/error. Good Luck!

Archived