Walkthrough

tallal

Thanks Dilbert I'll drop that in

we just need any last comments and I can do the move of the gold quests into the core of the text then review/action the other sections comments and I guess we are there.

Grumpf you comment for a front page picture is the wedding (not weeding my fruedian spelling) a good choice or do you have a different idea ?

OK here's the update, few bits of new text + gold quest moved into main flow.

Had to use gimp to ajust the brightnees on pic's in the nest (took them without night eye, as Grumpf would pref player not to use it, so its a black as pitch in there)

Unzip the new pic's into you pic's dir to add the new ones and the updates.

We need to finish off anything I've missed from old comments + new problems then its clean out/accept comments etc and make a new pdf (checking the page throws on that) and then it's done

Oh and Grumpf don;t know how to do it but maybe we should clean up the old messages in this threed so we don't hog to much save space.

newpics.7z

CLS_walkthrough_30T.7z

Sorry din't spot that, seems to be mssing even if I do an arch-invalid.

Or we could just floodfill the pink with a dark grey :))

shech.. forgot to clean up the note & hint colour's will do that on the next (last ?) update.

also the ligh gem in the corpsepath pic has saturated, could cut/past of pixels in to tone it down.

but the base immage is so dark don;t think taking a new pic will make it better

Good point!

We can think of several pics to scatter along the wlk but more precisely the manual. We can try a sort of canva:

What about a collage of 4 or one big and two smalls pics for each chapter?

The pics should be very different in color and two should focus on NPCs while two on landscape olny. If one pic needs to be particularly wide or high, the we'll go for the 3 pic canva and the big one should contain decor + NPCs in situation.

Dunno, I'm just throwing it like that. What do you think?

I went through the WT again, accepting almost all of TallAl's changes and made more of my own. I did a fairly serious rewrite of the section describing the conversion of Grand Soul Gems to Black Soul Gems for greater clarity. For that section tracking the changes just made it more confusing, so remember to look at it, even though it isn't marked as changed.

Otherwise it is looking good. The new pics are all an improvement.

I like Grumpf's idea, but it starts to mix the purpose of the document. That is to say that a Walkthrough can and probably should be minimalistic, only including pictures where necessary. Adding the extra pictures makes the document far more appealing, but a "good" player may never see it. The pictures are what really adds to the size of the file, so it might be better to minimize their number and perhaps compress them for use.

CLS_walkthrough_31D.7z

Reading 31D a couple of hints without colour and a few double spaces.

Dilbert the BSgems the origonal text is right you can convert GS gems that have souls provided it was the player that put them in the gem (i.e the player got them when empty) the BS gems made will be empty.

OK cleaned up the notes colour and a few spacing issues.

We need to think about the BSgems text about empty its OK as is but not as comlete as it was.

But guess once we sort out what to do about the front page pic its there.

As for the pic's in the doc. May be we want player to use the WLK after they have played through (more than once?) without it , I expect many players will not find all the nooks and cranies in the MOD otherwise ;)

CLS_walkthrough_32T.7z

Perfect doc guys. Here's probably the last draft. Check my notes and if you agree with them, let's correct it one last time!

It's good, the mod and the docs are ready together so I only need to finish my announcement text for you to review and off we go for Xmas!

Archived