How to patch settler mods?

Durante

Make sure you never use LOOT, Vortex, the in-game mod manager or even Bethesda's game launcher.

The last time i used LOOT, my load order looked like it got hit by a bomb - as in, not even provided patches by other modders were in the correct order. Vortex is constantly reported to bring nothing but problems which has gone so far that some mod authors no longer give tech support to Vortex users. And Bethesda's things, well they won't even leave your INI settings alone and do whatever they want with your load order.

For the patch with FO4edit, you would take the entire conflicting category from the first mod and select

1. "Deep copy as override into..."
  2. <new file>
  3. (name the file, like MySettlerMergedPatch)

Then you select all the entries in that category from the other conflicting mod(s), and drag them below the existing ones. So they don't replace what's already in your new merge patch.

IIRC - if there's no space to move them to, you can "add" new lines to the category before moving stuff over.

P.S. forget about doing any kind of patches with the CK, the workflow is

[create new things that can't be done with FO4edit with the CK] -> [fix bugs introduced by the CK with FO4edit]

4 hours ago, guk said:

Make sure you never use LOOT, Vortex, the in-game mod manager or even Bethesda's game launcher.

The last time i used LOOT, my load order looked like it got hit by a bomb - as in, not even provided patches by other modders were in the correct order. Vortex is constantly reported to bring nothing but problems which has gone so far that some mod authors no longer give tech support to Vortex users. And Bethesda's things, well they won't even leave your INI settings alone and do whatever they want with your load order.

For the patch with FO4edit, you would take the entire conflicting category from the first mod and select

1. "Deep copy as override into..."
  2. <new file>
  3. (name the file, like MySettlerMergedPatch)

Then you select all the entries in that category from the other conflicting mod(s), and drag them below the existing ones. So they don't replace what's already in your new merge patch.

IIRC - if there's no space to move them to, you can "add" new lines to the category before moving stuff over.

P.S. forget about doing any kind of patches with the CK, the workflow is

[create new things that can't be done with FO4edit with the CK] -> [fix bugs introduced by the CK with FO4edit]

Indeed it was the reason why i had to fully reinstall fallout 4 i just using common sense now just manual aranaging mods like i always did and never got any problems with this it is only tricky when your mod list becomes too big but i trie to arrange it better now also i learned a few trick with and how to utilise wrey bash better. its load order feature really saved me.

Archived