Previously good saves stopped working without changing any mods

NOTE ABOUT CRASH LOG: I know we're suppose to post a crash log, and I'd love to, however this is an instant crash on load and so even with logging enabled no log is produced. I am, however, uploading a save that had previously loaded just fine. Also a list of mods with load order.

I'm playing, and the game crashes. I'm annoyed, but not too worried since this happens A LOT. I then go to reload my last save, but this produces a CTD. I then load another one, and then another one, and so on. Each of these causes an instant CTD. This is perplexing since I had previously loaded many of those while straightening out non-crash related bugs (gagged orator from Devious Training wasn't working right).

Since my game is already unstable enough, I'm avoiding altering any of the installed mods. Not only that, but the saves in question were less than an hour old.

After uploading loadorder.txt and plugins.txt I resorted my plugins with LOOT (nothing changed as far as I can tell) and the problem remains.

I have no idea what happened, but I decided to rerun FNIS. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE, however, Skyrim seems to have missed that memo. Any ideas as to how this happened would be wonderful. For that matter, I started having animations fail last night; ones which had previously loaded returned errors about being missing.

quicksave.ess

quicksave.skse

quicksave.ess.bak

loadorder.txt

plugins.txt

I am sorry to say, but its a suprise you can play with that load order at all :O

its a 100% CTD not getting old at all game setup

I dont even know where to begin ?

some starter questions/recommendations:

> do you use SE or LE version of skyrim or do you just mix them?

> do you use Crash fixes/memory patch (needed for a heavy load order) and ENBoost?

> you mix a lot of CBBE and UUNP

> you using a lot of old devious mods

> zaz and TUFP dont mix well + ZEP? omgz!^^

> changing load order or mods on a running game is a good way to create CTD and broken scripts

> careful with mods that change movement speed

> there are a lot of mods you can try as soon as you have a stable setup, but for now don't use experimental mods

> use the MNC SLAL version

> did you just install DFWS without DFW? and I recommend to get a working load order first before you try that

kill that load order and start small if you dont know what your doing

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

I am sorry to say, but its a suprise you can play with that load order at all :O

its a 100% CTD not getting old at all game setup

I dont even know where to begin ?

some starter questions/recommendations:

> do you use SE or LE version of skyrim or do you just mix them?

> do you use Crash fixes/memory patch (needed for a heavy load order) and ENBoost?

> you mix a lot of CBBE and UUNP

> you using a lot of old devious mods

> zaz and TUFP dont mix well + ZEP? omgz!^^

> changing load order or mods on a running game is a good way to create CTD and broken scripts

> careful with mods that change movement speed

> there are a lot of mods you can try as soon as you have a stable setup, but for now don't use experimental mods

> use the MNC SLAL version

> did you just install DFWS without DFW? and I recommend to get a working load order first before you try that

kill that load order and start small if you dont know what your doing

Lol, that bad eh?

I have LE, why? I don't think I have any SE pluggins.

I don't have ENB. Considering my existing stability issues, and that I grew up with Infinity Engine games, Skyrim's default graphics are fantastic.

Zaz and TUFP are both required for ZEP. Why wouldn't I install them together?

Yes, I used the SKSE ini memory fix. I used to use the pre-cache killer patch, but that is now built into Racemenu.

DFWS? I have DFW installed, and am unsure what DFWS is.

As mentioned, the load order didn't change, but it was a diagnostic step.

As for knowing (or not knowing) what I'm doing, I guess its a bit of a mixed bag. I've been modding my games since the 90's, starting with Command and Conquer: Red Alert 1, and am even a modder (currently only Stellaris). What I think it is, is that I'm unfamiliar with this particular ecosystem. I modded my game first back in Fall 2013 with non-LL which mostly comprised of armor, and a lot has happened since then. More importantly, unless something explicitly says "X and Y don't play well together", I'm not going to know. Ditto for what is too old or too experimental. At this stage in Skyrim's life cycle, I can only ask about such things. If you, or someone else is willing to help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Know, too, that I didn't just throw this together. I took a week off following a death in the family and worked on it over the course of 7 days before calling it done. I had to restart a few times when I made a mistake, and each time, I restarted with a fresh install (SteamApps/common/Skyrim, Documents/My games/Skyrim and AppData/low/Skyrim were wiped).

What I did to obtain this load order is as follows:

> Start off by making a base install which just contained body meshes and textures, HDT, hair, Racemenu, two armor packs recommendded by some DD mods, Live Another Life, and the Armor and Magic/Elemental Resist Redux mods. I then played for a bit to make sure that didn't cause problems. For each of those I had sure I resolved dependencies first before installing the desired mod.

> That done I added SexLab Framework, SL Anim Loader, and the animation packs, resolving dependencies first before installing any animation packs. Again I ran that for a bit and tested some of the animations.

> With that done I installed the three basic DD mods (A, I, and X). Since these are, from my under standing, quite script heavy, and things were getting a bit crazy already, I then played Skyrim for a bit to make sure things were stable before moving on. Note that at this point the game was crash free.

> I then began installing DD add-ons. I would install one of the ones I especially wanted and those recommend mods (those that integrate) I liked after the dependencies. I started with those mods with the fewest recommended mods, working my way up to things like Captured Dreams and Cursed Loot. This was the point at which things got a bit funky, and I stopped.

> I backed down from that point several times, and worked back up until it was mostly stable. I can tolerate the odd bug or crash every hour, however recently (after about. . .20 hours I guess of play) its gotten kind of bad.

So if anyone can explicitly point out what I did wrong, I'd appreciate it, since as far as I can tell, I did everything right. I read the dependencies list, and looked for explicitly stated incompatibility. I did not install every mod I wanted since some of them conflicted with those I prefer.

25 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

Lol, that bad eh?

lol, yes that bad!

I have LE, why? I don't think I have any SE pluggins.

just had a quick look and just saw this first: MassMatchMakerSE.esp

I don't have ENB. Considering my existing stability issues, and that I grew up with Infinity Engine games, Skyrim's default graphics are fantastic.

I am not talking about ENB, I just meant ENBoost

for a more stable base setup check here:

Zaz and TUFP are both required for ZEP. Why wouldn't I install them together?

you are right if you use ZAZ 7 + TUFP + ZEP

I'm just used to zaz 8+ now, because a few of my mods have it as requirement

Yes, I used the SKSE ini memory fix. I used to use the pre-cache killer patch, but that is now built into Racemenu.

thats mixed up

pre-cache killer is for heavy loads of hair and eye types in Racemenu that would make it CTD without it

SKSE ini memory patch is how skyrim uses RAM, check my blog for more

As mentioned, the load order didn't change, but it was a diagnostic step.

As for knowing (or not knowing) what I'm doing, I guess its a bit of a mixed bag.

I was just frustrated about that mess of a load order, after checking mod for mod I just had to say that, still think that same tho^^

I modded games before too, but Skyrim is a completly different dimension. So many choices, combinations, options, patches, MCM settings and that's all even before you started to open TESVEdit or CK or just exchange textures/meshes

11 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

just had a quick look and just saw this first: MassMatchMakerSE.esp

I am not talking about ENB, I just meant ENBoost

for a more stable base setup check here:

you are right if you use ZAZ 7 + TUFP + ZEP

I'm just used to zaz 8+ now, because a few of my mods have it as requirement

thats mixed up

pre-cache killer is for heavy loads of hair and eye types in Racemenu that would make it CTD without it

SKSE ini memory patch is how skyrim uses RAM, check my blog for more

I was just frustrated about that mess of a load order, after checking mod for mod I just had to say that, still think that same tho^^

I modded games before too, but Skyrim is a completly different dimension. So many choices, combinations, options, patches, MCM settings and that's all even before you started to open TESVEdit or CK or just exchange textures/meshes

MassMatchSE is a poorly named mod that is for LE.

I am using ZAZ 7.

When I saw ENB I assumed the graphics enhancer so I skipped over that. You had posted a list to that in another one of my threads. With 2GB of video RAM, I don't think my VRAM is the source of any crashes since I'm not using any ENBs and I avoid 8k texture packs. I'm pretty sure the crashes are the result of a mess of a mod list.

Yeah. . .I tried modding Skyrim, but I just don't have the time needed to learn all the dickery of CK. I don't care for GUI toolkits, which is why I'll be sticking to Stellaris where all modding is done via plain text files and I can use Git for version control. Skyrim modding is NOT for me.

I just rush over your Load order and point out the obvious

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
SexLab.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
TaraUltimateFurniturePack.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm                                => if zaz 7
DeviousFramework.esm                               => works well alone, in combination with DFWS its best to use the patches provided in the topic, still DFWS is unstable
SkyrimChainBeasts.esm                               => beta, might be better to use on a smaller load order, till you found out what all those mods actually do
daymoyl.esm                            => if you use the deafeat mod from SLAVorDCL its not needed, might be a bit to buggy too, best to use with SLdefeat, might conflict
hdtHighHeel.esm
EFFCore.esm
Extra Encounters Reborn - Basic.esm            => keep an eye on those spawns, if they create lag or CTD, you might want to use another spawning mod
UnlimitedBookshelves.esp                            => I would use that only after you have a stable load order, because it seems to make some issues
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
OSA.esm
Heretical Resources.esm
ZazExtensionPack.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp                             => there is a patch for those on nexus too (like the USLEEP)
RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
XPMSE.esp                                                      => you might want to move that low in your load order so it doesn't get overwritten
SOSRaceMenu.esp
FNIS.esp
mcgSpeedChange.esp                                     => not sure what that is, check if its LE and if it conflicts with other mods that will change movement
FNISSexyMove.esp
MagicResistanceRescaled.esp
SlaveTats.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp                                    => best to use the MNC SLAL version, its new, its more stable, it has better animations, it registers with SLAL
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp                             
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp                          => SexlabNudeCreatures won't be needed anymore with MNC SLAL, its know to make games unstable
J42_ArmorRatingRedux.esp
DW.esp
MassMatchMakerSE.esp                                  => so far for "no SE mods installed"
NibblesAnimObjects.esp
HDTSextoys.esp                                               
KomAnimObjects.esp
KomAnimScaler.esp                                           => if you use Komotor SLAL animations be sure you use the right HDTSextoys.esp version for it
LeazerBoundArmorRedux.esp
PathOfSorcery.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp              
DfwSupport.esp                                                 => its one of the best furniture interaction mod on LL, but its buggy even with unoffical patches, be prepared to reload a lot
TreasureHunterWhore.esp
Shout Like a Virgin.esp                                      => its a big quest mod that will have effect of most things you do in Skyrim, worth its own load order setup
xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp                          => be sure you have PapyrusUtil 3.3 installed (overwriting the one in SL)
Prettier Bandits.esp
zThingsInDark.esp                          => check for updates, the original is pretty buggy, be aware if you have other mods like DEC/DCL/SLAV might break scenes
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
Captured Dreams.esp                              => works with a lot of scripted scenes, a mod for a less filled load order because other mods break senes quickly
Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
Immersive Wenches.esp
Forgotten Wenches.esp
Judgment Wenches.esp
Bandit_Honeypot.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp                             => choose what mod will be used for defeat SLAV or DCL
SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp
zDeadlyPleasures.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
Whiterun Dolls.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult_Sisters.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
Extra Encounters Reborn - CSP.esp
CoCo_TDM2.esp
SlaveTrainer.esp
zSLSDNeophytes.esp
FNISspells.esp
DeviousFollowers.esp
Hateful Wenches.esp
S_L_U_T_S.esp
SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp
Deviously Enslaved.esp
AngrimApprentice.esp
Aradia Devious Expansion.esp                    
SerialStrip.esp
CutthroatMerchantsEasy.esp
CutthroatMerchantsHard.esp
CutthroatMerchantsMedium.esp
CutthroatMerchantsVeryHard.esp              => that looks wrong, like you should have installed ONLY ONE of those
UIExtensions.esp
DF-EFF-Patch.esp
Devious Devices - Equip.esp
Angeli Devious Expansion.esp                    => UNP or CBBE? what every it is, use ENBoost, its pretty heavy from the grafic side, if you use UUNP body CBBEversion  will clip like hell
SexLabDangerousNights2.esp                      => there is a patch for it too, check for "Obscure Patches" in LL
DeviousToys.esp
Laura's Bondage Shop.esp
Starting Spell Choice.esp
DeviouslyHelpless.esp
SkyrimBound.esp                                        => pretty old, new DDi changed a lot, and with your setup you dont need to worry to end up bound anyways as sson as you leave LAL
DeviousTraining.esp
ts_ecatsuit&ballet.esp
J42_SharedBurdens.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
pchs_loansharks.esp
Minou Mecha Queen CBBE TBBP.esp          => if you have DCL follower support activated and they get fitted with uunp DDs they will clip like hell
BowsetteByAsherz.esp
Aurora.esp
Mini Follower.esp
CavalliFollower.esp
liulei_followers.esp
Bellatrix.esp
jenna1.esp
Abigail The Maid.esp
Chiasa.esp
Lily Follower.esp
Mynitha.esp
JulieTheWitch.esp
MiyuLin.esp
Nila.esp
Liliaya.esp
Elycis.esp
enemy-encounter-wellsantos.esp
Extra Encounters Reborn - Dawnguard.esp
Extra Encounters Reborn - HSR.esp
dcc-dm2.esp
SkyrimChainBeastsDB.esp
SOS - ERF - HighPoly Addon.esp
SOS - ERF - HighPoly Equipable.esp
SOS - TTT Dwemer Cyborg Addon.esp
TTT Dwemer Cyborg Equipable Schlong.esp
TTT_ArousedNips.esp                                                 => check out monoman1's tweaks for it too
Bound Shield.esp
tailed_dildo_FV20.esp
esturkBondageMittensMagic.esp
Combat Boots DD+DCL.esp
mcgDwarvenDeviousCuirass.esp
Nekomimi Follower 7 Base Mega Oily.esp
Nekomimi Follower CBBE BodySlide OILY VERSION.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Patch - Starting Spell Choice - Live Another Life.esp  => you realy want to squeeze that in too? just use AddItemMenu mod too choose spells, less is more sometimes
ccas_starts.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
SexLab_SOS-Stapon.esp

42 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

MassMatchSE is a poorly named mod that is for LE.

your right, just checked

I am using ZAZ 7.

all good than!

When I saw ENB I assumed the graphics enhancer so I skipped over that. You had posted a list to that in another one of my threads. With 2GB of video RAM, I don't think my VRAM is the source of any crashes since I'm not using any ENBs and I avoid 8k texture packs. I'm pretty sure the crashes are the result of a mess of a mod list.

Grafics and load order aren't the only issue

your using a lot of mods that add many scripts to your game

your script count will rise above 65k early in game (or right from the start) and will produce regular CTD first and than makes your game unplayable

that's what crash fixes is for, to remove the 65k script limit of vanilla skyrim

you can check your script count with save tool or resaver in your save games

ENBoost is for vram/ram management too and is used to have a more stable setup

with Angeli devious expansion you have already a high texture mod in your load order

"I am likely going to remove Simple Slavery Plus since it isn't required by anything (I'll double check before all dependencies when I go to install stuff again). "

it connects to many of your mods:

DCL sends you to SS+ via defeat

SS+ sends you on quests from DCL

DEC sends you to SS+

SS+ sends you to SLUTS

POP => sends you to SS+

DF => sends you to SS+ and the other way around

...^^

5 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

"I am likely going to remove Simple Slavery Plus since it isn't required by anything (I'll double check before all dependencies when I go to install stuff again). "

it connects to many of your mods:

DCL sends you to SS+ via defeat

SS+ sends you on quests from DCL

DEC sends you to SS+

SS+ sends you to SLUTS

POP => sends you to SS+

DF => sends you to SS+ and the other way around

...^^

Yeah. . .which is why I installed it. I just know its script heavy and at this point I'm trying to figure out what can be cut. Like Angeli's devices; its getting cut.

mcgSpeedChanger is by MaikCG and comes with SkyrimYetAnother306WalkAndRun.

Defeat (or one of its requirements) conflicts with something. I can't remember what though. I thought about adding Sanguine something-or-other, but I think that MIGHT conflict, MIGHT be redundent, or something else. There is a reason I passed it up. SD+ would replace ZEP in Devious Training (for the crawl animation).

I have the Dangerous nights patch (and the skooma whore patch). Is there suppose to be an esp? It wouldn't be the first time NMM didn't install the esp.

I do indeed only have one of the Cut Throat Merchant esp's enabled. Ditto for one of the follower's (CBBE and 7B versions are both included).

"be sure you have PapyrusUtil 3.3 installed (overwriting the one in SL)" I do NOT have 3.3 installed! I read that SL comes with PU and so uninstalled it.

". . .MNC SLAL. . ." The SL Mod Index is more than 3 years out of date it seems.

"Shout Like a Virgin.esp                                      => its a big quest mod that will have effect of most things you do in Skyrim, worth its own load order setup" Are you suggesting I drop it? I'm not sure what you mean by "worth its own load order set up."

"Captured Dreams.esp                              => works with a lot of scripted scenes, a mod for a less filled load order because other mods break senes quickly" Ditto the move. Drop it?

I think I'm going to drop Things in the Dark. I went there, and. . .its not that I was unimpressed so much as. . .not what I'm looking for I think.

Quick question: What are your thoughts on

I know it says special edition, but it it explicitly states LE compatibility (has a separate file). I'm not concerned about that, rather its the exchange of so many NPCs that concerns me. It seems like a stability nightmare, but would be a perfect solution to a couple of problems I have.

53 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Grafics and load order aren't the only issue

your using a lot of mods that add many scripts to your game

your script count will rise above 65k early in game (or right from the start) and will produce regular CTD first and than makes your game unplayable

that's what crash fixes is for, to remove the 65k script limit of vanilla skyrim

you can check your script count with save tool or resaver in your save games

ENBoost is for vram/ram management too and is used to have a more stable setup

with Angeli devious expansion you have already a high texture mod in your load order

Oh, I forgot to ask. In your blog post, you mention moving only 3 files, but the installation instructions provided in the zip says to copy them all. Which directions do I follow.

Also, new download link: http://enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrim.html

Also, Which of those do you recommend Bashing? All except the ones you explicitly said could be problematic?

13 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

Oh, I forgot to ask. In your blog post, you mention moving only 3 files, but the installation instructions provided in the zip says to copy them all. Which directions do I follow.

the instructions are in case you install a full ENB,

but thats not what my blog is about, its just about installing the ENBoost part of the ENB (so the rest isn't needed)

means its only for the VRAM/RAM managnment of an ENB, without the visual modifications

thx for the new link btw!

(me lazy need to update and finish that blog)

21 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

just know its script heavy and at this point I'm trying to figure out what can be cut.

SS+ is script heavy?

well it only works if triggered and does nothing otherwise

unless you mean to reduce the total number of scripts in your game

but there are a lot bigger mods scriptwise in your load order than SS+

6 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

the instructions are in case you install a full ENB,

but thats not what my blog is about, its just about installing the ENBoost part of the ENB (so the rest isn't needed)

means its only for the VRAM/RAM managnment of an ENB, without the visual modifications

thx for the new link btw!

(me lazy need to update and finish that blog)

Gotcha. I actually double posted there, I had some other questions.

Are you suggesting installing Shout Like a Virgin and Captured Dreams after I've played for a while? I tend to try to have everything installed at the beginning since it seems like it would reduce the chances of crashes. Are those safe to add later? Is that what you're saying? Or to hold off for the next time I play Skyrim?

The other was whether or not SkyFem is a terrible idea. It seems as if replacing every single male NPC (or at least most. . .not sure about essential actor's like Alfric) with a female is a terrible idea from a stability standpoint.

44 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

I see, well in that case you can tell me how it works, not tried it

Defeat (or one of its requirements) conflicts with something. I can't remember what though. I thought about adding Sanguine something-or-other, but I think that MIGHT conflict, MIGHT be redundent, or something else. There is a reason I passed it up. SD+ would replace ZEP in Devious Training (for the crawl animation).

ah! thats way you want ZEP.

Okey I use SD+, but that has its own issues (crawling animations only work after triggering the SD enslavement once, seems that prevents DT2 to use that crwaling animation too, or its because I use the SDbeta)

Mods I know that provide defeat mechanics (and the mod combinations they can be used with (optional))

(they conflict if you have them all running at the same time, only one death cheat mod should be active via MCM)

SLdefeat (+daymol +SDplus +SSplus) => complex defeat system, but buggy or hard to get to work, if it bugs out you die (a lot)

SLAV => you never die, but you will be punished for trying^^

DCL (+SSplus) => works most of the time, transfer to SSplus possible, has its own defeat quests too

Naked Dungeons (+SSplus) => 100% you will never die (best defeat mod around atm, if you dont wont to reload ever), defeat system works even with fall damage

SD+ => has its own defeat system compatible with all, its slow if too many hostiles are close, chance to die is high, but you can combine SD+ with other mods

there are even more on LL, thats just the ones I used, in fact I only use Naked Dungeons now (comes with a helpless feature too and goes well with DEC)

46 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

have the Dangerous nights patch (and the skooma whore patch). Is there suppose to be an esp? It wouldn't be the first time NMM didn't install the esp.

no, no esp, the patch just overwrites files from DN2

all fine (I hope)

I do indeed only have one of the Cut Throat Merchant esp's enabled. Ditto for one of the follower's (CBBE and 7B versions are both included).

ah okey, it happens sometimes that all are installed

nothing to see here, pls go on^^

"be sure you have PapyrusUtil 3.3 installed (overwriting the one in SL)" I do NOT have 3.3 installed! I read that SL comes with PU and so uninstalled it.

the PapyrusUtil in SL is an older version

thats why POP need the newer 3.3 version

". . .MNC SLAL. . ." The SL Mod Index is more than 3 years out of date it seems.

yes it is

MNC. . .what does that stand for?

I think, for simplicity's sake, I too will go with Naked Dungeon. If i can cut corners, it seems as if I should. That or SLAV (whatever that stands for, haven't tried figuring that one out yet). I'm concerned how player enslavement from dying might work with Devious Followers.

15 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:
55 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

I see, well in that case you can tell me how it works, not tried it

It works well. Nice animation if you like exaggerated hip rolling.

50 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

"Shout Like a Virgin.esp                                      => its a big quest mod that will have effect of most things you do in Skyrim, worth its own load order setup" Are you suggesting I drop it? I'm not sure what you mean by "worth its own load order set up."

"worth its own load order"

means you can specialize your load order around a big base mod (the one you will spend most of the time with ingame)

after tweaking SLAV its compatible with other mods

but the more mods you have that will force quests/events/force greets/DDs on you the more conflicts you get ingame (not braking the skyrim install, but create some mod trigger mess)

for example (extrem situation, can be made rare via MCM settings): y

ou get devices on you by SLAV and need to do a quest to get rid of those, at the same time you get a force greet from DEC and more DDs get added, while that makes all harder DCL gag talk sends you to POP prison and after that you end in SSplus while you devious follower wants to enslave you because you didnt pay your dept but SSplus send you to SLUTS that has in turn issues to add more DDs because SS+ wasnt able to remove quest DDs from you

aaaaahhh

me think you can keep it and find out yourself, because SLAV is a great mod

"Captured Dreams.esp                              => works with a lot of scripted scenes, a mod for a less filled load order because other mods break senes quickly" Ditto the move. Drop

it?

because many of your mods will run events on your PC they will break the Captured Dreams quests (DFW+DFWS (locks you in devices that shouldnt lock you), DEC (force greets), DCL (events triggered by comments), SLAV (radiant quests that pop up, NPCs spawn), POP with bounty hunters (as sson as you have a bounty on you CD NPCs react strange)

I would use Captured Dreams on a less intrusive load order

I think I'm going to drop Things in the Dark. I went there, and. . .its not that I was unimpressed so much as. . .not what I'm looking for I think.

TITD + TITD modified might be interesting to play

but you get the same issue like with CD

I would use TITD on a less intrusive load order

11 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

MNC. . .what does that stand for?

I think, for simplicity's sake, I too will go with Naked Dungeon. If i can cut corners, it seems as if I should. That or SLAV (whatever that stands for, haven't tried figuring that one out yet). I'm concerned how player enslavement from dying might work with Devious Followers.

MNC SLAL = More Nasty Critters

guess you have installed the old MNC v9

SLAV = Shout like a Virgin

devious follower (DF) will just follow you, maybe they can't get enslaved if a mod wants to, you can press pause in MCM for DF so its not interfering (too much) while PC is enslaved

1 hour ago, TomTheCline said:

I know it says special edition, but it it explicitly states LE compatibility (has a separate file). I'm not concerned about that, rather its the exchange of so many NPCs that concerns me. It seems like a stability nightmare, but would be a perfect solution to a couple of problems I have.

not tried yet

but sooner or later I want to test that one!

what prevented me to try it out already is exactly what you stated

4 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

for example (extrem situation, can be made rare via MCM settings): y

ou get devices on you by SLAV and need to do a quest to get rid of those, at the same time you get a force greet from DEC and more DDs get added, while that makes all harder DCL gag talk sends you to POP prison and after that you end in SSplus while you devious follower wants to enslave you because you didnt pay your dept but SSplus send you to SLUTS that has in turn issues to add more DDs because SS+ wasnt able to remove quest DDs from you

aaaaahhh

Oh. . .?

Yeah, that's something of a cluster fuck and I'd want to "fix" it with the console which isn't all that fun.

There should be a mod that punishes the player in game for using the console :D

As for SLUTS. . .I love that mod. That and DF are probably the best of the mods I've used so far this run, but the way SLUTS interacts with other mods is fairly terrible. DF has its own problem: If you make a deal involving something that can't get past a chastity belt you're kind of screwed (figuratively).

I'm actually thinking of dropping SLAV. I haven't run any of its content---save for getting fucked by some stone walls---since as soon as I got to Riverrun I asked someone to unlock my bondage and got shunted halfway across the map. By the time I made my way back my game was starting to show cracks, so I can't comment on it, but I'm thinking I might be better off not using it. . .

12 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

because many of your mods will run events on your PC they will break the Captured Dreams quests (DFW+DFWS (locks you in devices that shouldnt lock you), DEC (force greets), DCL (events triggered by comments), SLAV (radiant quests that pop up, NPCs spawn), POP with bounty hunters (as sson as you have a bounty on you CD NPCs react strange)

I would use Captured Dreams on a less intrusive load order 

CD isn't 100% compatible with the latest version of DD{A,I,X}.

I'm also thinking Angrm's Apprentice is going to need to go. Looking at that, and knowing that PSQ doesn't play nice with most of my mods leads me to believe I'll have problems with that too.

21 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

not tried yet

but sooner or later I want to test that one!

what prevented me to try it out already is exactly what you stated

I'd offer to test it for you but as you can see, I have so many problems in the making that you're not going to get good results. . .on the other hand, if it works for me. . .

30 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

MNC SLAL = More Nasty Critters

guess you have installed the old MNC v9

Yeah. I installed it as a prereq for Leito which seems to be required by. . .something. I'm not sure. All I know is when I ran the consistency check without Leito's AP it threw up a bunch of flags calling for it.

I guess I need this:

I don't actually intend on ANY bestiality (or even Kajiit or lizardfolk), but, as mentioned, its a prereq.

25 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

alternative with less quest but more Slaves: PAHE

(PAHE = ULTIMATE SLAVER MOD)

My goal is actually to lead something of a slaves life for a time and then break free and have my own slaves, then maybe fall on hard times and start the cycle all over again :D

10 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

My goal is actually to lead something of a slaves life for a time and then break free and have my own slaves, then maybe fall on hard times and start the cycle all over again

trying the same all the time^^

but for that I have to reduce mods that want to enslave my PC all the time

its so hard to remove mods, its like I want to try it all in one load order, even after all the time I am on LL already

the question is: you want to be still able to play vanilla quests and DCLs?

or

you want to use vanilla skyrim just for a nice background setup to get in trouble with LL mods?

LL mods, especially the bigger ones are more time consuming than all the DCLs together

its easier to hack and slay than to enslave and be enslaved^^

thats why I try some kind of sandbox LL mod mix, that allows still -theoretical- to play the vanilla game, but its just a trap and I end up playing LL mods all the time

Out of interest, do you have a lot of animations installed? I've had some weird issues when I've been close to the limit on animations where the game would work and load perfectly well for several days, and then seemingly out of the blue it would start crashing on load every time. Reducing the number of installed animations fixed it. You could try uninstalling any SLAL packs that don't have an ESP (so you preserve your load order) and seeing if that helps.

Other possible options might be Crash Fixes with the memory patch and plugin preloader. Your quicksave is already quite close to the string limit (60k+ out of 65k max) and crash fixes will work around that, plus it fixes a few other potential issues.

Then there's Load Game CTD Fix which may or may not help. Normally the crashes this fixes are random and occasional rather than 100% reliable and constant, but it might help and it won't hurt, other than causing some longer load times.

ENBoost, even if you don't use an ENB preset, can help with memory management and might help if you have a lot of large textures.

Finally I don't see a bashed patch or smashed patch in your load order which might help with conflict resolution.

Are you able to start a new game, or is that broken as well as the saves?

[Edit] - I opened this topic in a tab about 2 hours ago and then went and made dinner and forgot about it. I should really have refreshed before I posted, it would have saved me repeating advice you'd already been given. D'oh! I did think of something else though - I had an absolutely ridiculous series of crashes several months back that started out of nowhere on a previously good save, no mods changed. I finally tracked it down and it turned out that after a Windows update, Windows Defender had suddenly decided to falsely flag one of the SKSE .dll plugins as possible malware and was blocking it from being accessed. So, uh, I dunno what you can do with that information other than maybe you might have to think outside the box a bit if none of the normal solutions are working. 

Archived