Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm pricing is a joke.

Ark of Truth

Game Information

Platform: PC / Mac

Genre: Real-time Strategy

Release Date: 12.03.2013

Requires the full version of Starcraft II®: Wings of Liberty® and Battle.net® Account to play.

It is supposed to be a expansion but get this and the price was supposed to reflect a expansion. For the a digital copy it is going to cost you £32.99. What the hell? That is pretty much the price a base game when it first comes out not a damn expansion. It's also the same price on Amazon.

I sure as hell hope they are not trying to do the WoW pricing on Starcraft II as well.

Well, It's Blizzard so I was pretty much assuming that getting it cheap was out of the question, despite blizzard's hints at the game being "cheap".

Although I do like the starcraft games, I really just don't see paying "full game price" for an expansion justifiable, at least not with Wings of liberty being released with 33% of the original starcraft's content(That's right blizzard, still haven't forgiven you for releasing ONE campaign per game).

I'll probably just wait around until the price drops.

The price here for SC2 was $59.99' date=' the price for HoTS is $39.99. Considering that's how they've been pricing all of their expansions for the last decade and more, I'm wondering why people are surprised at this.

[/quote']

You say that but I paid £39.99 for SC2: WoL when it first came out making the HoTS £7 less? It's a joke.

You say that but I paid £39.99 for SC2: WoL when it first came out making the HoTS £7 less? It's a joke.

Well here's the problem, you're getting screwed by regional pricing. Perhaps you should consider ordering it or buying it from somewhere else? Like Estonia, or the Netherlands. At the end the only joke, is that at best or worst EU and UK pricing makes about as much sense as AUS pricing.

This might be interesting for those that buy games from Blizzard

Blizzard sued

That suit doesn't have really any merit. It relies on the belief that blizzard is making money from the sale of authenticators, which it doesn't. It breaks even on the sale of authenticators when buying them in bulk batches of 5000+, the second point is that the person suing is attempting to foster their poor habits of security on someone else, instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.

I mean really, if you get keylogged and lose your account twice. Blizzard will send you an authenticator for free. It's cheaper for them than recovering your account over and over again.

Guest Lady Luck

lol you do realize this expansion pack is brood war reebot , they remaking all the old shit back i'm like whats the point i rather just play original WOL series not another reebot >:(.

SC2 had one of the (if not the) best SP campaigns that you can find in RTS-games. If Heart of the Swarm has a comparable campaign I think the price is okay. It is certainly not cheap' date=' but you get a buttload of content in exchange.

[/quote']

You forgot to mention the SP campaign while amazing lasted 15 hours? 60 bucks for 15 hours is fucking embarrassing!

PVP = boring for SC.

You forgot to mention the SP campaign while amazing lasted 15 hours? 60 bucks for 15 hours is fucking embarrassing!

I dunno, I got around 23-25 hours of the single player campaign. Then again the average SP campaign in most games outside of RPG's is around 6 hours these days, though you might get 10 if you're lucky. Anywhere between 15-20hrs is pretty standard for a RTS.

I dunno' date=' I got around 23-25 hours of the single player campaign. Then again the average SP campaign in most games outside of RPG's is around 6 hours these days, though you might get 10 if you're lucky. Anywhere between 15-20hrs is pretty standard for a RTS.

[/quote']

How long did it take you to beat Brood Wars? It sure as hell was over 25 hours, 15 hours per side maybe. I was expecting them to follow brood wars, rather than other crappy RTS.

I think Activation has tainted blizzard. Diablo 3 also was a MAJOR disappointment. The story was way to quick /COUGH, you level way to quick, story was terrible and the map is the same 99% of the time with just rotating types of mobs per play through. Now saying that, at least I played Diablo 3 more than 15 hours...

Game Information

Platform: PC / Mac

Genre: Real-time Strategy

Release Date: 12.03.2013

Requires the full version of Starcraft II®: Wings of Liberty® and Battle.net® Account to play.

It is supposed to be a expansion but get this and the price was supposed to reflect a expansion. For the a digital copy it is going to cost you £32.99. What the hell? That is pretty much the price a base game when it first comes out not a damn expansion. It's also the same price on Amazon.

I sure as hell hope they are not trying to do the WoW pricing on Starcraft II as well.

Maybe you should check out COH2? The first one was great, best RTS i've ever played, still play it actually.:D

How long did it take you to beat Brood Wars? It sure as hell was over 25 hours' date=' 15 hours per side maybe. I was expecting them to follow brood wars, rather than other crappy RTS.

[/quote']

This is true, then again there was three campaigns. The problem with the current starcraft II is that each campaign is separate from the original. Marry them up together and you'd end up with the same length of playtime. Activision did Blizzard no favors though, you're right on that.

Not really a fan of Blizzard right now. Went to play Diablo 3 with friends (only reason I got it) and I got that bullshit error about my login pattern changed and it locked my account. Now I have to call support (oh yea!) so I can play two games I paid $60 for. I understand WOW people are crazy about their account security with all the time they sink into it but its an inconvenience to the rest of us most of the time. No offense to WOW players, but that game ruined Blizzard because they know they can do whatever they want and people will buy it no question which again screws the rest of us.

Archived