[mod] [CK2] DroZzhat's Mod (Discontinued - See DZM Expanded)

20 hours ago, ngppgn said:

Thanks for the info. I'd be interested in trying the mod, but I also tend to play with CK2+ or HIP, so that's why I'd be interested in a version without the overrides (if I find time, I may make it for myself, I suppose).  How close would you say is the next update, if you can make I guess? I only ask because if it's a matter of a week or less I'd rather wait than making my personal compat version until the next release.

You should really just check the discord if that's what's on your mind. I'm almost always online.

As far as when I'll release an update, I really couldn't tell you with any certainty. I get easily distracted and sometimes decide to add/remove features from upcoming updates. The next update could even be tomorrow if I get super determined to finish off the localization files. Still, on discord, I generally post updates on how far along I am or random teasers, etc.

The discord is on the top of the main page.

So Mjolnir and Andvaranaut are the ones causing 00_artifact.txt to be overridden? What exactly is the issue? Vanilla and custom versions running around concurrently?

If so, this could be worked around by having an event that yeets said vanilla artifacts from treasuries that triggers when said artifacts are present in treasury & to set up a global flag that prevents the event from triggering and a delayed event timer (5-10y+?) for the event number two that clears said global flag.

As for 00_scripted_effects.txt. How about instead of making these traits 'opposites', instead have an event that gradually removes said opposing traits in favour of the custom trait as long as it is present. With the above conflict solved, this leaves the pregnancy stuff, and since its handled by DWF anyway making this change is entirely redundant.

I hope this was of some help, unfortunately with closer look to the replaced files list, while I prefer your expanded version of the personal castle, I will have to drop this mod from my personal use as it otherwise conflicts with way too many other mods, as is the nature of a kitchen sink mod like this. 

5 hours ago, OgreOnAStick said:

So Mjolnir and Andvaranaut are the ones causing 00_artifact.txt to be overridden? What exactly is the issue? Vanilla and custom versions running around concurrently?

If so, this could be worked around by having an event that yeets said vanilla artifacts from treasuries that triggers when said artifacts are present in treasury & to set up a global flag that prevents the event from triggering and a delayed event timer (5-10y+?) for the event number two that clears said global flag.

As for 00_scripted_effects.txt. How about instead of making these traits 'opposites', instead have an event that gradually removes said opposing traits in favour of the custom trait as long as it is present. With the above conflict solved, this leaves the pregnancy stuff, and since its handled by DWF anyway making this change is entirely redundant.

I hope this was of some help, unfortunately with closer look to the replaced files list, while I prefer your expanded version of the personal castle, I will have to drop this mod from my personal use as it otherwise conflicts with way too many other mods, as is the nature of a kitchen sink mod like this. 

For the artifacts, I needed to strip some of their restrictions and and tags. This has more to do with future characters than with the present ones. My process is rather haphazard and I make changes when I think of them so I don't forget them later (I have  pretty terrible memory and I get distracted very easily, thus the random way that features pop up in this mod).

For the scripted effects, the way the engine works is inconsistent.  I don't fully understand the black magic behind the inner workings of CK2, I only know what I see in practice.  Setting opposites is NOT enough to guarantee that opposite traits wont be present on the same character despite what you may think or what may be on the wiki.  I have opened and closed CK2 several hundred times now for this mod alone just to test individual features for moments at a time and have found that events that manually add traits CAN inconsistently add traits to characters despite the fact that they're set as opposites.

I understand that this mod will be incompatible with some setups.  This mod is not for people with those setups.  This mod is for myself and people who specifically want what it does.

Massive overhaul mods like HIP and CK2+ are awesome, and I used to use them religiously, but they conflict with things that I want to do my own way, so I've stopped using them. For now, my only concern is keeping my mod specifically compatible with other dark world stuff.

Still, I have over 30 mods in my setup..  This is still compatible with the majority of mods out there.  Things like VIET, stuff that adds new artifacts, things that modify the map, portrait packs, stuff that adds completely new traits, bloodlines, etc etc, they all still work completely fine with this.

Maybe one day this will all be modular, but for now it's all one thing, because that's what I have the patience (and the attention span, for that matter) for.

28 minutes ago, ngppgn said:

What is exactly the misbehaviour you see with opposites traits? The intended behaviour is IIRC that when adding traot A, all traits declared inside A's opposites to be automatically removed.

Both traits will be present at once, like I said.
In either case, it's a moot point.  The overwrite is staying.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you read the changelog!

To be especially clear, this version is intended for the upcoming DWF 2.0.
It will still work with DWF 1.8.5, but you will need to manually add racial traits to characters created by my mod (Tamamo no Mae, Thieves, etc) using the console. Everything else /should/ work fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, DroZzhat said:

What are you talking about?

Whenever I try to create a random world, any civilization which is placed and uses the culture groups in your mod will default to a house name of Smith.  If I try to use a mod-created map as well, then house names for Orcs, Neko, etc will also default to house names of Smith.  The only solution I have found is to use

alternate_start = { has_alternate_start_parameter = { key = religion value = full_random } }

to prevent the culture from being used, as I never do full random.

8 hours ago, herrzog said:

Whenever I try to create a random world, any civilization which is placed and uses the culture groups in your mod will default to a house name of Smith.  If I try to use a mod-created map as well, then house names for Orcs, Neko, etc will also default to house names of Smith.  The only solution I have found is to use

alternate_start = { has_alternate_start_parameter = { key = religion value = full_random } }

to prevent the culture from being used, as I never do full random.

Huh.  Didn't even know this was happening.  I've never used random world before.

+++Crosspost in both topics for better visibility+++

Concerning: Herring's "Trap Portrait Swaps" with "Dark World DZ" v0.0.4.2 (and at least one earlier)

Problem: "Patch Engine" patch creator closes without warning and without proper mod being created. In command line this happens on line "Getting portrait definitions" with AttributeErrors and similar shown above.

Fix: Open file DW DZ\interface\portraits\dz_static_portraits.gfx (with text editor) and remove "}" on line 238 (three lines above name = "dz_PORTRAIT_static_3")

11 hours ago, palji said:

+++Crosspost in both topics for better visibility+++

Concerning: Herring's "Trap Portrait Swaps" with "Dark World DZ" v0.0.4.2 (and at least one earlier)

Problem: "Patch Engine" patch creator closes without warning and without proper mod being created. In command line this happens on line "Getting portrait definitions" with AttributeErrors and similar shown above.

Fix: Open file DW DZ\interface\portraits\dz_static_portraits.gfx (with text editor) and remove "}" on line 238 (three lines above name = "dz_PORTRAIT_static_3")

Weird that wasn't causing more issues.
It'll be adjusted in the next version.

am also getting crashes playing modded ck2 with DWF and DZ etc.. and not sure why it crashes.. the top lines in the error.log say stuff about portraits:

maybe its the same stuff as the person 2 posts up wrote about.. line 240 and 238 look similar afterall.

[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: portraitType, near line: 240" in file: "interface/portraits/dz_static_portraits.gfx"
[portraittype.cpp:157]: No effect file defined for portrait type 'dz_PORTRAIT_static_1'
[portraittype.cpp:157]: No effect file defined for portrait type 'dz_PORTRAIT_static_2'
[portraittype.cpp:157]: No effect file defined for portrait type 'TONT_PORTRAIT_static_portraits'
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: days, near line: 101" in file: "common/event_modifiers/DWF_Core_event_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: days, near line: 106" in file: "common/event_modifiers/DWF_Core_event_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: days, near line: 111" in file: "common/event_modifiers/DWF_Core_event_modifiers.txt"

gonna remove that } like they said and see if it stops crashing.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:12 PM, herrzog said:

Been having a terrible time trying to fix endemic 'House Smith' issues i have been having all over the damn place.

Oh, maybe that one time a whole culture in my randomized world game was named "Atila of House Atila", "Atelda", "Atila Atila" etc. came from this mod too? It was pretty hilarious though