[mod] [CK2] DroZzhat's Mod (Discontinued - See DZM Expanded)

On 3/23/2019 at 6:24 PM, herrzog said:

Whenever I try to create a random world, any civilization which is placed and uses the culture groups in your mod will default to a house name of Smith.  If I try to use a mod-created map as well, then house names for Orcs, Neko, etc will also default to house names of Smith.  The only solution I have found is to use

alternate_start = { has_alternate_start_parameter = { key = religion value = full_random } }

to prevent the culture from being used, as I never do full random.

i noticed this too... creating a shattered world with random culture and random religion.. and then using partial seeding of the fantasy races with DWF... and i get quite a ton of people named: link, link smith, zelda, hilda, zelda smith, robin, noire, tharja, smith.

all lowborn "links, zeldas, etc" are not named smith... and the nobles are all smiths each in their own dynasties.

and with the soul stuff named "zelda, tharja" in the first post i am guessing something with this mod makes this happen somehow with random world gen and the DWF placing of races.

i guess its more supposed to be 1-2 characters summoned with events or so in this mod and not the whole court of duchies named just link and zelda :D

i hope the children they get arent also just named link and zelda else this playthrough will get confusing quickly probably. haha

oh and i also noticed that random culture does generate a "hyrule" culture area (all humans in that it seems).

2 hours ago, Neliahawk said:

i hope the children they get arent also just named link and zelda else this playthrough will get confusing quickly probably. haha

I got some bad news for you...

hyrule.jpg.2a234e9011310fef00437596408fb013.jpg

At least you'll get some Hildas, too. XD

Fun aside, the DZ cultures for unique characters are currently not forbidden from spawning in random worlds. Just needs one line in every culture added:

alternate_start = { always = no }

So this won't happen. Unless that's intentional of course. ;D

Also, while looking this up I noticed dynasties defintions is calling dz_hyrulean at one point, while everywhere else it's dz_hylian.

5 hours ago, palji said:

I got some bad news for you...

hyrule.jpg.2a234e9011310fef00437596408fb013.jpg

At least you'll get some Hildas, too. XD

Fun aside, the DZ cultures for unique characters are currently not forbidden from spawning in random worlds. Just needs one line in every culture added:

alternate_start = { always = no }

So this won't happen. Unless that's intentional of course. ;D

Also, while looking this up I noticed dynasties defintions is calling dz_hyrulean at one point, while everywhere else it's dz_hylian.

This should be fixed now, hopefully.
I really don't use random worlds so I can't say for certain.

1 hour ago, Jarod-Cain said:

Ok, this is probably a dumb question, but I'm just going to assume this is completely incompatible with wowgag's more artifacts & bloodlines mod on the workshop.

Is that correct?

I don't think they're actually incompatible. They might have some of the same artifacts, though. Every single ID in my mod has a dz_ prefix, so they'd exist at the same time in the game world.  If that bothers you, I wouldn't use both.

18 hours ago, Hoerks said:

When i tried your mod some (base game) artifacts could not be equipped. Looking at the file (00_artifacts.txt), they (for example rival_skull) use the "trinket" slot. But there is no such slot.

Is this intentional?

It works fine for me, but try this file and see if it fixes it for you.
Just put it in the common/artifacts folder within the mod.

00_artifacts.txt

Yeah.. I think that's what was doing it. I just needed to add the slot to the top of the vanilla file as well.
Download the file from either the post above or the downloads section and overwrite the one in the mod.
It will be included in the next version.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have 0.0.3.1, please download the events file and swap it into your DZM/events/ folder.

If you are just downloading 0.0.3.1 now, you still need it.  It will be included in 0.0.4.

It fixes you being unable to free/transfer prisoners during the siege event.

Can you change the "Banish Disease" Spell, so that it also removes any disease specific modifiers like mild/sever illness? This is especially annoying with bedridden as affected characters stay incapable.

Looking at the Code you might want to add

clear_disease_level_effect = yes

I found that in the vanilla files.

EDIT:

I have another suggestion while we are at it. Change the "build Observertory" decision so it can be used when you have either the scholar or the mystic trait, so you can pick the second one up with the event chain.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:31 AM, Hoerks said:

Can you change the "Banish Disease" Spell, so that it also removes any disease specific modifiers like mild/sever illness? This is especially annoying with bedridden as affected characters stay incapable.

Looking at the Code you might want to add

clear_disease_level_effect = yes

I found that in the vanilla files.

EDIT:

I have another suggestion while we are at it. Change the "build Observertory" decision so it can be used when you have either the scholar or the mystic trait, so you can pick the second one up with the event chain.

I added the clear_disease_level_effect to the next version.
I don't want to mess with build observatory decision because I've never actually used that event chain since I started playing the game nor have I ever looked at its code.

The CK2Plus patch has been taken down. It is not compatible with CK2Plus' most recent beta. Once I figure out what to do about their changes to holding improvements, I'll reupload a new one. If you have questions about this, find me on discord (see mod description).

I seem to have run into problem with this mod, at the ruler designer if I choose the Martial Education Trait Brilliant Strategist the game will CTD while scrolling through the trait menu, the problem seems specific to that education focus I have not run into the problem with any of the other education focuses so far, I know that once you choose that focus the ruler design unlocks additional traits in the designer specific to it and the crash happens as soon as you reach the section of the scroll down menu where those traits are populated, tested with vanilla game and DLC only installed with no other mods problem persists.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:55 AM, hickups said:

I seem to have run into problem with this mod, at the ruler designer if I choose the Martial Education Trait Brilliant Strategist the game will CTD while scrolling through the trait menu, the problem seems specific to that education focus I have not run into the problem with any of the other education focuses so far, I know that once you choose that focus the ruler design unlocks additional traits in the designer specific to it and the crash happens as soon as you reach the section of the scroll down menu where those traits are populated, tested with vanilla game and DLC only installed with no other mods problem persists.

I may have had the same crash as you. To test, remove

terrain = savanna

at line 65 under flat_terrain_leader in the DZM\common\traits\02_traits.txt.

Removing that line has allowed me to continue my save after having a few CTDs whenever I highlighted the Flat Terrain Leader trait my character picked up.

19 hours ago, lkylkulyg said:

I got a CTD experience when i try to start a new game.

I'm having this problem since i've updated this mod to v0.0.5.

I'm definitely not having any crash when I start the game... Perhaps it's a conflict.

Hey, been having a blast with your mod! I've been feeling that itch for random world shenanigans, but I've been having 100% crashes during random world generations. I just have this + DWF and a few of its addons (The serpent one, the monsters one, the orcs and elves one, and the one that adds back the genitals traits.) I've really been searching for that fantasy twist but sadly this doesn't work with elder kings and the like so I've had to substitute with the fantasy lewds (boo hoo lol). 

Unfortunately, it seems like with just this selected and nothing else it will still crash 100% during random world generation. Since this is the pivotal piece of my enjoyment all I can do is ree in a corner and leave the fixes to people smarter than me. I've gone into the .mod and tried to change dependencies to just DWF but I've had no luck so far... either due to incompetence or a vast misunderstanding in where the problem lays. Anyways, love your stuff! Random world generation be damned, I won't let that get in the way of an otherwise perfectly playable mod. 

On 5/7/2019 at 8:15 AM, TrxXx said:

I may have had the same crash as you. To test, remove

terrain = savanna

at line 65 under flat_terrain_leader in the DZM\common\traits\02_traits.txt.

Removing that line has allowed me to continue my save after having a few CTDs whenever I highlighted the Flat Terrain Leader trait my character picked up.

This worked thank you, still would be nice if the underlying problem could be addressed or found, since it means every update will require me to do this not to mention probably breaking something else entirely as well.

36 minutes ago, Iomramh said:

Hey, been having a blast with your mod! I've been feeling that itch for random world shenanigans, but I've been having 100% crashes during random world generations. I just have this + DWF and a few of its addons (The serpent one, the monsters one, the orcs and elves one, and the one that adds back the genitals traits.) I've really been searching for that fantasy twist but sadly this doesn't work with elder kings and the like so I've had to substitute with the fantasy lewds (boo hoo lol). 

Unfortunately, it seems like with just this selected and nothing else it will still crash 100% during random world generation. Since this is the pivotal piece of my enjoyment all I can do is ree in a corner and leave the fixes to people smarter than me. I've gone into the .mod and tried to change dependencies to just DWF but I've had no luck so far... either due to incompetence or a vast misunderstanding in where the problem lays. Anyways, love your stuff! Random world generation be damned, I won't let that get in the way of an otherwise perfectly playable mod. 

I can honestly say I've never used the random world thing, so I really can't speak to why this would be causing crashes..  I have a bunch of custom cultures and a custom religion but they're set to not spawn in random worlds.