[mod] [CK2] DroZzhat's Mod (Discontinued - See DZM Expanded)

The next version is a while off (so, probably not tomorrow?) as it's quite a large content update, but I'm working on the following for the next version:

****THE UPCOMING VERSION WILL NOT BE OLD SAVE COMPATIBLE****

• Bug Fixes
    • Some of the Trait Icons were the wrong size (not 24 x 24 pixels). I have no idea how that happened.  I think GIMP hates me. 
    • The HOTFIX will be added to the new version as well. 
    • Some grammar errors are fixed in the localization files.
  • New Traits
    • Most will be exclusive to the new summons, but that will eventually change when I get around to it.
  • New Spells
    • The ability to summon (magical clones of) characters from history (mostly) to your court using a related artifact.  They will come with appropriate dynasty (their dynasty, not yours), stats, traits and a static portrait and will be immortal, but completely infertile.  I currently have a long list of characters I want to implement, but the first version will probably only contain one or two.  This part may not appeal to some people, so I think I'm going to gate it behind the absurd events game rule in the base game.
    • The ability to scry for useful information.  This is the part of this whole update that's causing me the greatest headache and will probably be slowing down everything else... though I suppose making all the new icons for the summons is also taking a while...
    • The ability to deceive a character into believing they owe you a favor.
  • New Artifact(s)
    • How many depends on how much the rest of the update wears me down, probably just artifacts matching the summonable characters for now.  They will still be useable even if you're not planning on using them for that purpose, though they might be hard to find/obtain without the ability to scry for them.
  • New Building

Don't go holding your breath or anything or holding off on starting a new game.  I can't guarantee this comes out this weekend, I just don't want it to seem like I suddenly disappeared after posting 1-2 updates a day for weeks.

Status update follows...

• Complete
    • Traits (Coding, Graphics, Localization, etc)
      • There are 8 new traits.  Most are only applied to summons for now.  Players will get to have them in future updates...
    • Summon Characters (Traits, Stats, Graphics, Dynasties, Cultures, etc)
      • 7 will be included in this update. . . I have a list of about 52 total that I want to implement.
  • In Progress
    • New Artifacts
      • 1 is done, 6 to go...
    • Building Coding
    • Spell Coding
      • LSDJHFLKSHJDFDF!!!

Here's a teaser image.  Keep in mind, if this isn't your kind of thing, you'll be able to disable it with the absurd events game rule...

Teaser.JPG

16 minutes ago, DroZzhat said:

I really don't know who or what that is.  Are you talking about a particular mod?

Yeah NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions, I'd say its the most ambitious ck2 mod on the site but at it's current rate will not be finished. But with your abilities I believe in cooperation with NoxBestia you can make it happen.

2 minutes ago, DoingMeAConcern said:

Yeah NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions, I'd say its the most ambitious ck2 mod on the site but at it's current rate will not be finished. But with your abilities I believe in cooperation with NoxBestia you can make it happen.

Ah, if you look at the Q&A, you'll see that I'm no good at smut.  I have no problem with it, but I'm not the best guy for it.  Plus, I think there's more than enough DW content between DWF, DWE, House Irae, and the Elven Expansion.  Just this mod is taking up all of my mental capacity at the moment, honestly.

3 minutes ago, DroZzhat said:

Ah, if you look at the Q&A, you'll see that I'm no good at smut.  I have no problem with it, but I'm not the best guy for it.  Plus, I think there's more than enough DW content between DWF, DWE, House Irae, and the Elven Expansion.  Just this mod is taking up all of my mental capacity at the moment, honestly.

Oh don't worry about the smut Nox is more than enough in that department. It's the functionality and the coding that he needs help with. I do believe that NDP is standalone and doesn't require DW. I just feel its a shame that a mod with so much potential is left so unfinished, I'm sure Nox would love your help. But alas focusing on this mod is your decision and I respect that. Don't feel the need to do anything you don't want to.

Just to make it triple clear, in case you somehow miss it in both the update notes AND the new description... 
Summons are NOT in this new update yet.  They are coming soon.  I was just getting burned out and wanted to get all the other content up here and available to folks that wanted it.

Their event coding is just taking me longer than anticipated.

This version WILL break save games from previous versions.  However, if you update now, when I release the version with summons, that one will not break save games since the framework is already in the mod.

2 hours ago, saphiral said:

I just expanded all my mods and searched for _traits in the set.  I found that "Ruler Designer Unlocked!" on steam is also updating 00_traits and 02_traits.

I haven't tested the pair together yet - just sharing what I found.

If I remember correctly all that mod does is make it so that you can take any trait you want at no cost..  It might also have age increase/decrease traits...
DZ Flavor already has a trait that lets you set your age down to 16 if you want to load up on traits.  If you want your age to be higher than 16 just use the console at game start.

You probably don't need ruler designer unlocked.

1 hour ago, Arigas said:

Did I miss something, or is it possible to use the Mystic and Necromancer stuff yet? Was really looking forward to that but can't seem to find the requirements for it.

Certainly is.  Just make sure you have magic turned on in the rules.

The only bug I've found in the currently available version is that the events allowing you to study to become a mystic shows your current education variable in code...  It's not supposed to do that.  It's fixed in the version I'm currently working on.  Please let me know if you come across bugs like these that make the events look sloppy.

43 minutes ago, DroZzhat said:

Certainly is.  Just make sure you have magic turned on in the rules.

I did, but for some reason that save wasn't allowing me to search for a mystic. I started a new save (first one was new as well) and this time it did show up. Was probably government type related maybe?

10 minutes ago, Arigas said:

I did, but for some reason that save wasn't allowing me to search for a mystic. I started a new save (first one was new as well) and this time it did show up. Was probably government type related maybe?

Your character actually has to be aware of magic in some shape or fashion to use any of the mystical decisions/events.  The perceptive trait helps, mystic is the next step up, necromancer gives you practically everything.  You can technically get the decisions/events without the perceptive trait, but that requires your character to be a failed necromancer apprentice of a different character or that you do the vanilla events to become a mystic.

6 hours ago, SirMxCrossbrand said:

Sorry for being away so long. The mod is on Steam. It is called Missing WOL Education Events https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1575940679

No problem.

In regards to that mod, no offense to the author, but if I implemented something like that I'd have to rewrite all of the localization lines.  It's lackluster.  I assume that's because the focus was on function over form, and that's fine, but it would bug me when the windows popped up.  I'm planning on eventually adding some way to improve your education traits to the library anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I tested this new version, but probably not as much as I could have.  Let me know if there are issues.  Hitting me up on discord will likely result in a faster response.

I said it twice in the change log, but I'm also going to say it here...

DO NOT OVERWRITE THE PREVIOUS VERSION WITH THIS ONE.

DELETE THE PREVIOUS DZ FLAVOR FOLDER AND REPLACE IT WITH THE NEW ONE!

3 hours ago, ngppgn said:

May I ask, what is the reason to override those vanilla files? Put in another way, how much mod content would need to be removed to make a version that doesn't override vanilla?

So, I would never make a version without the overwrites, unless you're saying you intend to make one.
The WOL overwrites allow you to gain more than one lifestyle trait.

The personality traits events overwrite lets you stack more personality traits before the game starts trying to strip them away.

I should also probably mention that planned features for future versions will likely overwrite more files.
I won't let it become incompatible with the Dark World series of mods, though.  It will likely never be compatible with say CK2+ or HIP, though.

Forgot to mention in the previous post..  But I don't recommend removing my 00_traits or 02_traits overwrites.  I've made several changes in regards to genetic traits.  Several traits also have new opposites.  Toy with that at your own risk, I suppose.

Thanks for the info. I'd be interested in trying the mod, but I also tend to play with CK2+ or HIP, so that's why I'd be interested in a version without the overrides (if I find time, I may make it for myself, I suppose).  How close would you say is the next update, if you can make I guess? I only ask because if it's a matter of a week or less I'd rather wait than making my personal compat version until the next release.