AAF or ForePlay?

TD18

AAF or ForePlay?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Advanced Animation Framework [AAF] : or : FourPlay [F4P]

• AAF
    • FourPlay
    • I wish there will be something like SexLab for Fallout 4. To make sex scenes more immersive.
    • Obey robot and show me the answers!

On 10/31/2018 at 10:32 AM, Kythana said:

With AAF you get better animations but the angle of the camera might be a problem.

Why would there be a problem with the camera angle?

When player is involved, AAF switches into free moving camera (same like when you use the console command TFC).

And if it is NPCs being animated, then player can just do whatever - walk around or again, play with the camera using some mod or console commands.

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Why would there be a problem with the camera angle?

When player is involved, AAF switches into free moving camera (same like when you use the console command TFC).

And if it is NPCs being animated, then player can just do whatever - walk around or again, play with the camera using some mod or console commands.

That never worked for me. I always got a fixed spot and no reaction to the keys i pressed to move. Tried tfc but that always caused a crash while an animation was playing.

Wait a sec... You just gave me an idea…

Nope, still not able to move the camera. I already thought this was normal.

I played around with both for a day each. A fresh install for each and took my time installing all the requirements and making sure nothing conflicted. Honestly... They are both extremely lacking and were getting more and more unstable with use.

While FP had addons you could install for a bit more immersion and transitions nothing has been updated in over a year. Not to mention the way they Bethesda fucked over the game with the Bioware style dialog choices.

Then there is AAF. While that is being worked on and has more animations and features. Its just not fun to use it as a sex mod. I could see myself using it to pose for pictures or a video but going through a menu just to see two people fucking is not very fun.

But you could argue the RSE route. That is out for both. And while all the features really made me want to try regardless of what I saw for AAF and FP. But running with AAF and then with FP with a fresh install just put the nail in the coffin for F4 sex mods for me. While it was nice and fun to start with it quickly got more and more unstable to the point it took 5 minutes to have my character take a piss.

I can see F4 sex mods becoming better in a future but unless someone comes up with a good solid framework and keeps working on it for sex mods in mind. Its not even going to come close to what New Vegas has with Sexout or Skyrim with Sexlab. In the end I might install AFF purely for poses and roleplay purposes. But using it purely as a sex mod is just not going to cut it for me.

Sorry for the long replay and rant. Felt a simple vote didn't do my experience justice.

Sexlab didnt do anything right? It was just a framework to play animations,just like AAF and Fourplay. AAF is just a few months old, give them some time.

And people still need to develop mods for them, like RSE, which is available for fp and aaf. if you think something is unimmersive download the ck and create something immersive?, basic multiple stage animations are possible with aaf, I tried aaf and I had no problem with starting any "sex" animations via script for different quests, of course someone has to create quests to use them.

Archived