MORROWOBLIVION

• 4 weeks later...

Morroblivion has about half the visual uniqueness of Morrowind, because it is still using some Oblivion meshes and textures (but about half are new, and getting better all the time). It has none of the wretched gameplay of Morrowind, though; Oblivion combat may not be perfect, but it is certainly more entertaining than Morrowind's crappy button-mashing.

All of the quests work, and I think every location is updated. The physical world (bar some trees and some animals, plus clothing and some armor) is Morrowind-styled but in Oblivions's 16x better resolution.

There is no excuse, IMO, for playing Morrowind any more. The very few advantages it has over Morroblivion are swamped by the advantages Morroblivion has over it. If people just want to remember Morrowind as it was, then I have no argument with ignoring Morroblivion.

Maybe not to you - I have no intention of buying or playing Skyrim until Steam is stripped out of it. Officially' date=' that is, not by pirates.

[/quote']

Heh, you're even nicer than I am. I'm simply not bothering with Skyrim at all. (For a bunch of reasons, not just Steam!) :D

Maybe not to you - I have no intention of buying or playing Skyrim until Steam is stripped out of it. Officially' date=' that is, not by pirates.

[/quote']

Heh, you're even nicer than I am. I'm simply not bothering with Skyrim at all. (For a bunch of reasons, not just Steam!) :D

Unless betsheda goes down like dragonage.2

Anyway watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_OTLZOQsU

It's a very good sample of fan rant for a bunch of reasons about his favorite game title. So what's your number#1 reason not to play skyrim? let us hear it. care to share?

While I am no Steam fan boy I would never pass on what looks to be a great game for what I consider to be a trivial inconvenience.

Besides, with the merging of gamestop and impulse they are trying to create a steam rival. I foresee in the not to distant future that all games will be tied into a steam like system.....:(

Ohhh....that reminds me: "All restaurants are now Taco Bell".....bonus points if you can name the movie that quote was from! (hint Sandra Bullock was in it).

Sorry for getting off topic.

Look at Fallout 3/NV for a real world example of a game that didn't knock it's predecessor of its perch.

Skyrim could be a huge disappointment to you all.

But it is officially bethsheda and Fallout.3 is a great game, don't know about you but i played it proudly for 3 years straight.

(*New vegas, YES! it's makes fallout.3 looks like turd, A total failure of a game, where they should been a dlc to the main game. They are like nehrim nothing more nothing less. I'm not saying nehrim as bad as vegas, but you get my meaning. Same engine, Bashed & patched base game with different title.)

I have good faith on TES.V:skyrim. Since it's another betheseda original product, otherwise it's nice to see the grey beards & Nord dragon god Ysmir. i've always wanted to know the rest of the lore of nirn world. Not too mention, importing their BSA assets to TES.IV. It's one thing we should not ignore. - yea stream sucks. But we'll crack problem in good time.

First, sorry for my awful english.

I think all creative people left Bethesda after Morrowind. I mean look at Oblivion: mediocre medieval-fantasy hybrid world. Without mods Oblivion fail big.

I played Morrowind w/o mods, and i loved it. I loved the world, the buildings, the special creatures, fancy armors (like bonemold) and the overall feeling.

When i first played Oblivion - wtf is this boring sh1t? To tell you the truth, i never was able to finish the main quest...

My guesses, it's up to the next nude modding.. no sex mod, no fetish mods and "alternative options". always Kick their game popularity on top charts and GOTY in the rows. Let's hope skyrim will get the fair share of nude & sex modding in the future, providing that they give us a stunting vanilla first that is.

Lovers mod rulez!

I plan on playing Skyrim for sure, but I have no intentions of quitting oblivion. We've only just been able to produce advanced sexual content in Oblivion. Why would I give that all up to play a vanilla game?

We have really no idea what will be released next for oblivion. Slave trade and victim seemingly came out of the blue, and it's getting updated as we speak.

Dragons =/= Fully modded oblivion game

Lovers + other mods > Dragons

morroblivion suck but it work with a lot of work:cool:

How does it suck ? I was planning on trying it sometime soon.

MORROWIND HAVE A LOT GOOD MODS THAT CANT BE CHANGE OVER IT TO PLAIN FOR ME SO I DONT LIKE IKE TO IT BECAUSE OF IT IT BEING SOOOOOO PLAIN

Yes. Oblivion out-of-the-box is inferior to Morrowind in almost every way' date=' except appearance. [/quote']

Make that appearance and gameplay and I will agree. The Oblivion combat system was superior, as was spellcasting, repair, alchemy, and enchantments.

Which is the point of Morroblivion, of course: to have the uniqueness of Morrowind with the video resolution and gameplay of Oblivion.

The only downside is the cliff racers, and they were in original Morrowind as well.

Sorry, disagree completely.

I prefer Morrowind's gameplay. Oblivion's is either different or inferior for me.

I find Morrowind's graphics very acceptable if you replace them.

Gameplay I prefer. Hence although Morroblivion is on my 'to do' list, I have other things to do, like play Morrowind.