How to manage lots of spells

Hi there,

In my current game I have lots of spells and I'm trying to use most of them. However I'm having trouble using them during fights. I have a lot of them grouped in SkyUI, but that is just not enough.

Is there maybe a good mod where I can somehow manage my spells easily onthe fly?

I'd need something like the circle menu of UIExtensions. I could define which spells go to which circle in MCM, then with a hotkey I could call up a circle and select a spell to equip. So what I'd essentially need is a hotkey which brings up a list and I can select something from there.

I found Smart Cast, but I'd need a lot more dynamical approach, where I can switch between spells really fast. I aslo found Equipment HUD, which looks best so far, although this is a lot of buttonpressing still.

Any advice/solution for using lots of spells at the same time?

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I tried Quick Menus, that was a major failure. That mod does everything I don't need or want. If feels like 15 unrelated mods merged together...

Also tried More Hotkeys Please. This was very promising, but there were 2 problems with it: there was no graphical UI to select the items/spells, instead you can define cycles. Which still could have been good enough, but: say I have a cycle for my weapons, and another for some spells. Cycle A has items a, b and c. Cycle B has spells 1, 2 and 3. A normal fight, I start with "b", an arrow to the knee. I then switch to spell 2 (for example Soul Trap), cast it and want to switch back to my bow ("b"). But I switch back to item "c" instead. Since I planned to use at last 5 element cycles, this mod is not a good solution, to cycle through several unwanted items before I can go back to the one I almost always use.

This last one, the Catagorized Favorites looks like the best so far. Probably I will experiment with it, although I spotted some problems already. For example it uses categories under Destruction spells, like "Fire:" which is nice but it takes away a row which could have been used for another spell. As a mage player, I don't need to see an extra info that Flames is a Fire spell...

Also, I could not figure it out yet how can I define item/spell groups with this new favorites menu, which is a very important feature in SkyUI for me. I'm using this mod since like 20 minutes yet though.

Otherwise I really like that I have access to all those spells fairly quickly.

40 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

This last one, the Catagorized Favorites looks like the best so far. Probably I will experiment with it, although I spotted some problems already. For example it uses categories under Destruction spells, like "Fire:" which is nice but it takes away a row which could have been used for another spell. As a mage player, I don't need to see an extra info that Flames is a Fire spell...

You can actually edit what the various lists categories show, though it is tedious as hell to do it, but it can be done on the fly so to speak.  The file you would need to edit is favouritesmenu.cfg in the inverface directory.

Back it up before you edit it in anyway though, there are also several custom presets for the mod on nexus it may be that one of those would be what you want,

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72567

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52749

Are two that might work for you.

13 hours ago, Varithina said:

You can actually edit what the various lists categories show, though it is tedious as hell to do it, but it can be done on the fly so to speak.  The file you would need to edit is favouritesmenu.cfg in the inverface directory.

Back it up before you edit it in anyway though, there are also several custom presets for the mod on nexus it may be that one of those would be what you want,

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72567

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52749

Are two that might work for you.

Yes, thank you, I knew about these. The problem is  that only the latest version has support for the spells I need (Apocalypse mainly) and I don't feel like manually add those 150+ spells to these older configs.

I also looked briefly into the config, tried to make the subcategories go away, so far no luck, I broke all lists with my tampering. :) 

I managed to reorder the lists, so that's a 1st step. I also looked up how to make sets.

Update: Alas, I found another problem. I can't use the definets sets like in SkyUI with this. For example I have a set of armor defined with blings (ie: Mage set). This I can do in this mod. However in SkyUI it was just a hotkey press to equip everything in the set. In this mod I can do this only in Favorites menu, I can't use the hotkeys to switch between sets. :/

Archived