mAss Effect Andromeda - nude Cora and Peebee in combat

nooblet123

Note: you need to enable squadmate helmets in game options for these!!!

You no longer have to run around naked alone while hostile aliens target you for obvious reasons instead of your sidekicks

meanud.thumb.JPG.e3f6c494ee9d33dfe1a7c472e37b29e0.JPG

Then if you install some Cora Initiative Armor from https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/636?tab=files, it'll look like

meaarm.thumb.JPG.9787b9bb17f3a934b4625d381ad67566.JPG

You load this in Frosty Mod Manager and move cora_nude_in_combat to the end of load order

cora_nude_in_combat.7z

• 5 weeks later...

OK, very interesting.  Two questions, 1: Does this interfere with the Naked Crew and Model Switching mod from Nexus because I use the Naked Crew option and when I ran the frosty manager I got her walking around in combat as just a head,  and 2: do these work together? If so should Cora still be on the bottom of the load order?

A very nice mod, I have downloaded both.

Edit 9/26/18: I am running ver 1.10 in case it helps.  I have tested both of these mods in several ways - with the naked crew / pathfinder mods working and without.  I also tested each mod separately.  The Cora mod worked for the first planet, not since.  The Peebee mod didn't work at all even when we first see her on EOS.  I still like the mods so I hope you can help.  Are they designed to work with the initiative helmet mods?  I will test. Test failed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 6:55 PM, Wolf470 said:

OK, very interesting.  Two questions, 1: Does this interfere with the Naked Crew and Model Switching mod from Nexus because I use the Naked Crew option and when I ran the frosty manager I got her walking around in combat as just a head,  and 2: do these work together? If so should Cora still be on the bottom of the load order?

A very nice mod, I have downloaded both.

Edit 9/26/18: I am running ver 1.10 in case it helps.  I have tested both of these mods in several ways - with the naked crew / pathfinder mods working and without.  I also tested each mod separately.  The Cora mod worked for the first planet, not since.  The Peebee mod didn't work at all even when we first see her on EOS.  I still like the mods so I hope you can help.  Are they designed to work with the initiative helmet mods?  I will test. Test failed.

It's not compatible with "naked crew" - I get floating heads too on the nexus(station). In my game Cora and Peebee are naked on all planets. I'm also using Cora and Peebee armor mods from MEA Nexus.

9 hours ago, nooblet123 said:

It's not compatible with "naked crew" - I get floating heads too on the nexus(station). In my game Cora and Peebee are naked on all planets. I'm also using Cora and Peebee armor mods from MEA Nexus.

Which armor mods, can you give specific links?

15 hours ago, Froggy said:

Wow, that's amazing!  Someone actually bought this game? 

Oh yeah, mod looks nice too.

Even with faults (the game has more than a few)  It's still a Mass Effect game!  Plus for those of us Old Dodderers that remember and play Mass Effect, The Nomad is as good as the Mako even without the weapon suite.  I hated that hovercraft from ME2 and the fact that 3/4 of the missions were foot traffic only was annoying.  ME3 while a superior game, it would have been better with Mako stealth insertions for several levels.  Normandy 2 can't get low enough my father's left foot!  Plus it was simply fun to run over several baddies in ME.

Would you be kind enough to describe the modding process for Peebee? I am running an old version of Frosty since the new version breaks some of my old mods and I would like to replicate these by myself using the old Frosty editor if it's possible to.

I've experimented with the editor before and understand how it works so I won't need you to go into a lot of details. Just mentioning what you've switched in the affected files would be enough.

And thank you for the mods.

5 hours ago, saito_zool said:

Would you be kind enough to describe the modding process for Peebee? I am running an old version of Frosty since the new version breaks some of my old mods and I would like to replicate these by myself using the old Frosty editor if it's possible to.

I've experimented with the editor before and understand how it works so I won't need you to go into a lot of details. Just mentioning what you've switched in the affected files would be enough.

And thank you for the mods.

For Peebee I replaced her helmet "appearance" with human naked body because the game crashed with asari naked body, added transparent alpha channel for her clothes mesh textures to turn them invisible and made her face yellow instead of blue to match the human body.

2 hours ago, nooblet123 said:

For Peebee I replaced her helmet "appearance" with human naked body because the game crashed with asari naked body, added transparent alpha channel for her clothes mesh textures to turn them invisible and made her face yellow instead of blue to match the human body.

That is an ingenious idea. Thank you. I would not have thought of that approach by myself.

I followed the steps and got it working, with one problem. The transparency doesn't seem to be kicking in on Peebee's clothes mesh textures, so the original clothes are still showing on top of the human body.

If you're able to help diagnose the cause, that would be extra awesome of you!

I added a transparent alpha channel to each of Peebee's clothes mesh textures, which, after saving as "BC7 Fine sRGB/ Color + Alpha/Auto Generate Mip Maps" DDS files, and importing, do appear transparent in the Frosty editor, unless I specifically click on the alpha channel, which reveals the original color data. In-game however, the transparency seems to be ignored, and the original color data continues to appear.

If I make the textures entirely transparent by deleting all the color data before exporting the DDS file, the original clothes still appear in-game, but in plain white.

So it seems like I am either not saving the Peebee clothes mesh textures correctly, or there might be a flag to force transparency in the editor's texture properties?

4 hours ago, saito_zool said:

That is an ingenious idea. Thank you. I would not have thought of that approach by myself.

I followed the steps and got it working, with one problem. The transparency doesn't seem to be kicking in on Peebee's clothes mesh textures, so the original clothes are still showing on top of the human body.

If you're able to help diagnose the cause, that would be extra awesome of you!

I added a transparent alpha channel to each of Peebee's clothes mesh textures, which, after saving as "BC7 Fine sRGB/ Color + Alpha/Auto Generate Mip Maps" DDS files, and importing, do appear transparent in the Frosty editor, unless I specifically click on the alpha channel, which reveals the original color data. In-game however, the transparency seems to be ignored, and the original color data continues to appear.

If I make the textures entirely transparent by deleting all the color data before exporting the DDS file, the original clothes still appear in-game, but in plain white.

So it seems like I am either not saving the Peebee clothes mesh textures correctly, or there might be a flag to force transparency in the editor's texture properties?

The helmet trick is the same trick as in Naughty Gamer's mod for semi-nude player armor on MEA Nexus.

To make them transparent, change the mesh's shader to something that acts transparent like "eyelashes shader" or "VI shader" (VI is that transparent asari hologram on the station). These shaders suck though - I tried to make the boots visible with alpha, but the whole mesh stayed invisible and then I didn't try any other shaders. With the right one you could theoretically make USABLE parts of their clothes (that don't cover the important parts) visible like belts and boots.

There are flags in the mesh parameters like "enabled" or something, but they don't seem to have any effect.

4 hours ago, nooblet123 said:

The helmet trick is the same trick as in Naughty Gamer's mod for semi-nude player armor on MEA Nexus.

To make them transparent, change the mesh's shader to something that acts transparent like "eyelashes shader" or "VI shader" (VI is that transparent asari hologram on the station). These shaders suck though - I tried to make the boots visible with alpha, but the whole mesh stayed invisible and then I didn't try any other shaders. With the right one you could theoretically make USABLE parts of their clothes (that don't cover the important parts) visible like belts and boots.

There are flags in the mesh parameters like "enabled" or something, but they don't seem to have any effect.

Thank you. This post was informative, cleared up many things for a nub like me and I also got the mod working properly now!

Initially the (human) eyelashes shader didn't work (it just produced a plain black look), but upon searching for the VI shader, I found another one called prop_invisible, I think, which sounded like exactly what was needed. Changing the shaders to that one did the trick!

Ok I disabled and removed every mod, started the game, made sure everybody was wearing what they needed, saved Game, exited, installed and enabled only naked helmet, Peebee and cora in that order, start game, floating heads. IDK whats going on.

16 hours ago, Wolf470 said:

Ok I disabled and removed every mod, started the game, made sure everybody was wearing what they needed, saved Game, exited, installed and enabled only naked helmet, Peebee and cora in that order, start game, floating heads. IDK whats going on.

You should try launching the game with one mod at a time to make certain that each one works when by itself. If all three work when loaded alone, then try two at a time, then try switching their load order, and you will hopefully be able to isolate which mod is causing the problem. If you are using a different version of the mod manager from what was used to create the mod, that could also be a cause.

• 3 weeks later...

OK I will try that, as for the mod manager I use the latest version (frosty MM 1.0.4.3) I think.  

edit : OK I ran the naked helmet mod alone, no problems. Cora - floating head, Peebee the same.  If you post the mod manager zip file that you use, I'll download it from here and use it.  Maybe it'll work.

• 1 year later...

OK I don't know if you're even keeping up with this but I can use the fbproject files for cora and peebee to convert to the latest patch and maybe? just maybe they'll work.  Crossed fingers!  Yes this means I'm asking if you can post them or email them to (Trekie711 at yahoo.com)

This finally worked for me! Yay!?  For anyone having difficulties, I needed to remove the DT7-naughty gamer - naughty helmet (I acually got rid of it b'cause it conflicted with nude underarmor mod, but that allowed both Cora and Peebee to walk around nekid (just like my fem Ryder) I use the invisible chest underarmor version if it helps. ?

Archived