How do i uninstall all the Mods in NMM, and transition them to MO?

Darklarik

So i encountered a problem which i listed here: 

But i was unable to find a solution, and whats worse, some of the replies ended up producing more problems in the meshes of the males :/

So, i figured i should re-start from scratch would be a quicker way. 

What i want to do is basicly uninstall all the mods from the NMM (But not delete them), basicly render it So as if i had to re-install them from scratch/never activated them after download (where their install options appear, something they dont do the second time i re-activate them unless i delete them -> then re-download them -> Re-install -> a tedious task, especially if you have more than 170 mods you want to put in). That way, hopefully i can target the mods i believe are causing the problem i have right now, but which uninstalling them causes too many issues. 

At the same time, i wish to try out Mod Organizer. Im not exactly sure if i can work with NMM and MO at the same time, or if i must choose one, likewise, im wondering if i can straight up install the mods i have in my NMM right into MO, a program im not really sure how to use tho. 

Can someone tell me what is the best way/order to do this?

I don't know much about nmm. If you use a moderate new nmm, then for each mod you install there will be three sets of files. First set go to your "Data" folder, and this files may overwrite other mods. Second set go to "Virtual Install" folder. Third is a backup of install file (7z/zip/rar/fomod/...). Since you don't know overwrite detail, you might have to clear your "Data" folder. Then move all the folders under "Virtual Install" to "Mod Organizer\mods", restart mo, run loot.

Mo can work with nmm( since nmm just put files to "Data"). It's better to get familiar to MO first.

As Grey Cloud say, you need to read read read read.

When you are going to transfer to MO you need to have Skyrim clean. That means that you need to remove Skyrim from inside Steam, delete all leftover files so you have no trazers of the game left. If you dont do that you will run in to more problems later.

You can keep the saves, but if they are already saved whit mods, they are trash if you dont know how to do it.

Mo can also import the mods you have installed previus whit NMM. But that option dont work as well. Since it will leave the mods in Data folder, and when you add mods or remove mods later in MO those will still be there.

Check for Goophers Tubes, those are good.

One important thing you need to do whit MO is to not use Default as your playing profile, you should always create one new profile and use that one.

You already have all mods downloaded in NMM, you only need to move them to MO installation download folder, and MO will detect them.

You do have serveral of issuse in your other tread, and sadly you can also end up, after you have fixed the issues that you need to do the following Make one new Save load it again, do that 3 times so Skyrim can "clean" it self. Skyrim is good at that, but you cant do that if you not have fixed all issues in your load.

That is some you need to do before you use any cleaner. Dont bother whit any cleaner if you dont have your load correct the problem will return.

You can whit Resave check your save to find out what is going on.

In NMM then you must rollback your mods. Remove them and install them again in correct order. It is tedius. In MO you only need to move them up and down in the left side.

That is why it is so important to install your mods in correct order when using NMM.

If you check your loadorder that LOOT have given you and you have fine tuned after LOOT dont do all correct, that is basic the order you should install your mods. Not by following ABC that will not work.

Many mod pages have information about in what order you should install the mod and its support mods. That is also some you need to read up on.

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Using MO will require you to do a fair amount of reading.

The plug-ins you can easily deactivate with NMM.

Why would uninstalling a mod or mods 'cause too many issues'?

Because when you re-activate ? ->  a mod like this, instead of from its blank state, the install options dont re appear.

Example: SOS of skyrim has a pop-up box which allows you too choose 3 different dicks, a body skeleton, and a shop option. Lets say i chose 3 dicks, and forget the shop option. If i de-activate it by clicking the ? Icon, then re-activate it with the  icon, i will NOT be given the prompt to re-check the shop. I have to completely remove the mod, then re-download it to do this. 

This is why i want to find a way to have a "clean" slate 

1 hour ago, Uncle64 said:

As Grey Cloud say, you need to read read read read.

When you are going to transfer to MO you need to have Skyrim clean. That means that you need to remove Skyrim from inside Steam, delete all leftover files so you have no trazers of the game left. If you dont do that you will run in to more problems later.

You can keep the saves, but if they are already saved whit mods, they are trash if you dont know how to do it.

Mo can also import the mods you have installed previus whit NMM. But that option dont work as well. Since it will leave the mods in Data folder, and when you add mods or remove mods later in MO those will still be there.

Check for Goophers Tubes, those are good.

One important thing you need to do whit MO is to not use Default as your playing profile, you should always create one new profile and use that one.

You already have all mods downloaded in NMM, you only need to move them to MO installation download folder, and MO will detect them.

You do have serveral of issuse in your other tread, and sadly you can also end up, after you have fixed the issues that you need to do the following Make one new Save load it again, do that 3 times so Skyrim can "clean" it self. Skyrim is good at that, but you cant do that if you not have fixed all issues in your load.

That is some you need to do before you use any cleaner. Dont bother whit any cleaner if you dont have your load correct the problem will return.

You can whit Resave check your save to find out what is going on.

In NMM then you must rollback your mods. Remove them and install them again in correct order. It is tedius. In MO you only need to move them up and down in the left side.

That is why it is so important to install your mods in correct order when using NMM.

If you check your loadorder that LOOT have given you and you have fine tuned after LOOT dont do all correct, that is basic the order you should install your mods. Not by following ABC that will not work.

Many mod pages have information about in what order you should install the mod and its support mods. That is also some you need to read up on.

I constantly ran Loot while i installed my MODS in NMM, and the game was running smoothly save for the issues in which the CBBE Armors and the Vanilla Armors where co-existing at the same time somehow. In my attempt to seek help, they told me to uninstall and re-install SOS which ended up causing a horrible mesh problem with the males:

Screenshot14049.thumb.png.15795b76a882a505467b7a78aa2bd0c5.png

That i couldent fix, on top of the armor problem remaining. Ive tried a lot of things to remedy the male problem caused by the sudgestions i got. But no cigar....

Regarding the instalation information for Mods, that is one thing i read tediously all the details about, which is why my game was running smoothly with no CTD, with the armor problems being the only real issue. The thread i originally made was because i read how to install them, not how to USE them, and i wanted some advice. The thread turned into a "Help me" thread when i realized the armor problem, and the suggestions i got fucked things up worse. 

That is why i just want to start from scratch. 

58 minutes ago, Darklarik said:

If i de-activate it by clicking the ? Icon, then re-activate it with the  icon, i will NOT be given the prompt to re-check the shop.

Why should you be given the prompt? You haven't uninstalled it just told NMM to ignore it temporarily - nothing was added or removed.

22 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Why should you be given the prompt? You haven't uninstalled it just told NMM to ignore it temporarily - nothing was added or removed.

That is the point! XD How do i uninstall it in such a way that doesnt remove it from the list of loaded mods but allows me to re-install it with the prompts? Without having to completely remove it then re-upload it?

2 hours ago, Darklarik said:

That is the point! XD How do i uninstall it in such a way that doesnt remove it from the list of loaded mods but allows me to re-install it with the prompts? Without having to completely remove it then re-upload it?

You can't uninstall it without uninstalling it. I was referring to trouble-shooting. I'm guessing you choose the 'download with manager' option on Nexus? I don't I always do a manual download. What do you do with the mods from LL?

The problem with the schlong in your image is probably due to you not yet having set up SOS.

Migrating to MO wont solve your problems for you and in fact will cause you more because you will fuck up.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

You can't uninstall it without uninstalling it. I was referring to trouble-shooting. I'm guessing you choose the 'download with manager' option on Nexus? I don't I always do a manual download. What do you do with the mods from LL?

The problem with the schlong in your image is probably due to you not yet having set up SOS.

Migrating to MO wont solve your problems for you and in fact will cause you more because you will fuck up.

Correct, i did download with manager. Im guessing LL is lover lab, and if your asking how i installed it, it was manually, i downloaded the ZIP, then uploaded it to the mod manager, and installed it using the mod manager. 

The SOS problem im guessing your refering too by "set up" is the install or activate prompt from the MCM menu correct? I did do that, and while it fixed the 'glitching', the sliders that were present in the RaceMenu previously, where gone, even tho the penis wasent static anymore and workin. Its as tho re-installing SOS somehow messed up with Beautiful Males or the mod that was controlling the Body Slider/Race Menu sliders. I tried re-installing it again and such starting new games but i have not been able to re-activate the sliders :/ 

Hence why at this point im just thinking it better to go mod by mod slowly in MO since everyone is telling me it works better and causes less problems. I still dont know what mod/s is causing the armor, Sex lab defaults, and male body mesh problems in the cluster fuck of multiple mods i have. Rather than look for a needle in haystack wouldent it be better to start from scratch? (correct me if im wrong). 

Archived