On 12/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, Caco Demon said:

I finally got this mod working!!!

TLDR: If you want this mod to work, and have Death Alternative installed, you'll need to disable DA in-game via MCM,

I'm using the latest Devious Devices AIO and Defeat SE.

Turns out, Death Alternative's end-of-scene event triggers will OVERRIDE those of Devious Captures.

With DA disabled via MCM, un-install/re-install Defeat in its MCM and run UPDATE in the Devious Captures MCM to ensure its all linked up.

To test its working correctly, set the armbinder/yoke probability to 100 in Devious Captures and you should see items start to be applied at the end of a Defeat rape scene.

I found Deviously Helpless started working correctly after DA was disabled as well.

I hope this is of some help to anyone trying to get this to work.

Maan!...thank you so much, I had the same issue and your suggestions worked for me. Armbinder is still not working though, have to research on that, rest of the devices are fine, thank you

3 hours ago, kaizersoze27 said:

Maan!...thank you so much, I had the same issue and your suggestions worked for me. Armbinder is still not working though, have to research on that, rest of the devices are fine, thank you

No worries!

I've found I'm running into the same problem with armbinders, unfortunately. Piercings and other stuff seem to be applied okay, but it doesn't matter what percentage you set the armbinder likelihood to, they don't ever seem to be equipped at all.

I'm currently in the process of setting up a trigger system using SL Triggers that should equip devices to the character after they've been assaulted - which might just work out a bit better than Devious Captures as far as compatibility and consistency goes. I'll be sure to post a copy of it on the SL Triggers thread when I've completed it.

2 hours ago, Caco Demon said:

No worries!

I've found I'm running into the same problem with armbinders, unfortunately. Piercings and other stuff seem to be applied okay, but it doesn't matter what percentage you set the armbinder likelihood to, they don't ever seem to be equipped at all.

I'm currently in the process of setting up a trigger system using SL Triggers that should equip devices to the character after they've been assaulted - which might just work out a bit better than Devious Captures as far as compatibility and consistency goes. I'll be sure to post a copy of it on the SL Triggers thread when I've completed it.

Thank you, will look forward to your mod

• 2 months later...

A bit late, but I read somewhere that Captures acts when the actor orgasms and that, in addition to Sexlab Separate Orgasm, is what messes things up (although in that thread it was the opposite I believe. Too many devices added). Since I have had the same problem as you and have SLSO and not orgasm on lewd or whatever the word is I figured I'd go in and try it out. But then I remembered that I actually had a patch downloaded named SLSO DeviousCaptures and enabled it.

It works now again... for the moment at least.

• 6 months later...

I was told by somebody that this mod and of course its requirements would give me an enslaved experience, so I downloaded everything that was necessary.

The issue I'm having is that after getting assaulted using Defeat, my char would have devices strapped to her and if I don't leave their detection after a few seconds then they become hostile again and try to kill her and with some devices she can't even move.

Are there settings I'm missing? A mod needs updating? A mod I'm missing?

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2020 at 7:53 PM, 2generic said:

I can't get this mod to work AT ALL. I disabled death alternative, set armbinder/yoke chance to 100%, and have fiddled with the defeat settings to no end, but nothing ever gets added. Defeat never does the robbery event even though I set that to 100% (don't know what's up with that), but even after getting raped, no devices get added. What is going on?

Do you have all the requirements installed and active in game?

Is SL Defeat SSE installed, configured in game, and running?

Is SL Aroused Redux SSE installed, configured in game, and running?
Is DD installed and working with other mods?

You wrote you "disabled death alternative", so i take it this is on an old save that was using DA?

Did you try the Reconfigure option in Defeat's MCM, and then Uninstall and Update in Devious Captures MCM?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Defeat + this mod + Deviously Helpless should make for an interesting time in Skyrim. Except this mod doesn't always work. More often than not after an assault by Defeat the devices are equiped while the character is sitting on the ground and doesn't stand back up to run away. Defeat ends with your character stuck on the ground unable to move until the enemies become hostile again and attack.  The only way out of it...load the last save.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, Malphias said:

Defeat + this mod + Deviously Helpless should make for an interesting time in Skyrim. Except this mod doesn't always work. More often than not after an assault by Defeat the devices are equiped while the character is sitting on the ground and doesn't stand back up to run away. Defeat ends with your character stuck on the ground unable to move until the enemies become hostile again and attack.  The only way out of it...load the last save.

In my experience once Defeat ends the scene you still have to use the 'struggle' bar one last time to get up and be able to run away (after the normal timeouts).

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to figure out how to get this working. I have everything installed correctly as well as all required mods, but it tells me I am missing the DD Assets and Integration .esm files in Vortex. How do I get this working with DD AIO?

On 4/21/2021 at 7:15 AM, zerpwny said:

I have everything installed correctly as well as all required mods

That seems unlikely, considering something is nagging about missing files.
Anyway, i don't know anything about Vortex. Hopefully somebody else will be able to help.

• 1 month later...

This fantastic mod should be updated to use all available devices in last version of DD, or at least have some more variety, also it should try to equip "sets" so if you are get an ankle then a wrist, collar, then you should get a harness instead of corset to tie all togheter, also jackets, ropes, i think this mod only uses 10% of all devices availables.

• 3 months later...

I am having a weird problem with this one. Everything works fine up until the "robbery event" but then the only device that is equipped on the character is "black restrictive gloves". No other device is equipped apart from this even when the probability is set to 99%. for those devices. Any idea why this is happening?

• 1 month later...

Hello Community,

i am quite new to modding, hope someone can help me. I try to install this mod with mod organizer. In the instal window it gives me a message in red "The content of <data> does not look valid." Is that normal, maybe i can ignore that? The same appears when i try to install the Mod Deviously Helpless SE.

thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 8:59 AM, dragonmofo said:

It seems this mod is not registering any devices except the ones from DD-Equip. Only the devices from DD-Equip are equipped on the character while all the other devices are present in the game and can be obtained through console commands. Any idea what might be wrong?

Sorry, no idea.
I never noticed any issues, but i never used DD-Equip, only DD, so that may have something to do with it.
It is even possible that the mod is intentionally scripted to prefer DD-Equip items.
Or, MAYBE you were just very very lucky (or unlucky) and the random generator just happened to always pick a DDE item so far? it wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen.

As you know, i didn't make the mod, this is just conversion.
You may want to try the support topic for the original mod (though it looks a bit dead-ish):
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/27893-devious-captures/page/21/

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, Roggvir said:

Sorry, no idea.
I never noticed any issues, but i never used DD-Equip, only DD, so that may have something to do with it.
It is even possible that the mod is intentionally scripted to prefer DD-Equip items.
Or, MAYBE you were just very very lucky (or unlucky) and the random generator just happened to always pick a DDE item so far? it wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen.

As you know, i didn't make the mod, this is just conversion.
You may want to try the support topic for the original mod (though it looks a bit dead-ish):
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/27893-devious-captures/page/21/

Cant really tell if you are aware if you say you nave no issues, but the LE version of this mod didnt get updated to support dd4 nor dd5 devices so all that gets equipped is devices that didnt get changed since then.
Thats why people report they dont get equipped armbinders for example. The armbinder keywords got changed at some point but devious captures never got updated to it as far as I read about it.
If you havent been aware you may want to mention this on the description page.

Someone ported it back then to support dd4 at least (dont know if it works for dd5 aswell) dont know if that patched version works better then the current one (very likely does) but just linking it here in case someone wants to try (maybe needs to be portet to sse) I dont really have interest in the mod in its state so I wont spend time trying.

Edited by Deoxyribonucleic_acid
On 1/17/2022 at 10:53 PM, Deoxyribonucleic_acid said:

Cant really tell if you are aware if you say you nave no issues, but the LE version of this mod didnt get updated to support dd4 nor dd5 devices so all that gets equipped is devices that didnt get changed since then.
Thats why people report they dont get equipped armbinders for example. The armbinder keywords got changed at some point but devious captures never got updated to it as far as I read about it.
If you havent been aware you may want to mention this on the description page.

Someone ported it back then to support dd4 at least (dont know if it works for dd5 aswell) dont know if that patched version works better then the current one (very likely does) but just linking it here in case someone wants to try (maybe needs to be portet to sse) I dont really have interest in the mod in its state so I wont spend time trying.

I recompiled the scripts and resaved the esp in CK. I tested it and had a Yoke equipped (with DD5 installed, so seems to work for DD5 too).

Did not look at the source.

Mod by Princessity - LoversLab, changes to source by LazyBoot - LoversLab.

Devious Captures 2.9.0 DD4 SE.7z

I checked the scripts in the 7z file that Shysdel has provided. The source files are similar to what Roggvir has uploaded, however I de-compiled the pex files in it and it does have a few changes in the tags in the DeviousEquip function. Shysdel's version still doesn't work for me but I can try to update and recompile the psc files if someone can tell me what are the tags that need to be changed.

Decompiled Updated Script (Shysdel's version).psc Decompiled Original (Roggvir's Version).psc

Edit: I checked the papyrus logs, and it seems that the GetDeviceByTags() function in the zadLibs library doesn't find any items with the tags:

[02/02/2022 - 09:14:13PM] Devious Captures: triggered by robbery event
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:13PM] Devious Captures: resetting RNG
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:13PM] Devious Captures: deploying RNG and restricting to eligible devices
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] Devious Captures: device equip chances calculated
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] Devious Captures Excluded Tags: Gag = ; Belt = ; Harness = ,locked,blocking; Variants = DCexcluded,bronze,silver;
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] [Zad]: GetDeviceByTags([Keyword <zad_DeviousPlugVaginal (0801DD7C)>], plug,vaginal)
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] [Zad]: No devices found with tags, falling back to random device
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] ERROR: Cannot place a None object
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.PlaceAtMe() - "<native>" Line ?
    [zadQuest (0A00F624)].zadlibs.ManipulateGenericDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 3334
    [mslDC2MainQST (65000D62)].mslDC2FunctionsSCR.DeviousEquip() - "mslDC2FunctionsSCR.psc" Line 457
    [mslDC2MainQST (65000D62)].mslDC2FunctionsSCR.OnCaptureTrigger() - "mslDC2FunctionsSCR.psc" Line 86
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] [Zad] ((WARNING)): ManipulateGenericDevice received non DD argument.
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] ERROR: Cannot call Delete() on a None object, aborting function call

Edited by dragonmofo
Found new info
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 12:36 PM, dragonmofo said:

I checked the scripts in the 7z file that Shysdel has provided. The source files are similar to what Roggvir has uploaded, however I de-compiled the pex files in it and it does have a few changes in the tags in the DeviousEquip function. Shysdel's version still doesn't work for me but I can try to update and recompile the psc files if someone can tell me what are the tags that need to be changed.

Decompiled Updated Script (Shysdel's version).psc 57.3 kB · 0 downloads Decompiled Original (Roggvir's Version).psc 57.56 kB · 0 downloads

Edit: I checked the papyrus logs, and it seems that the GetDeviceByTags() function in the zadLibs library doesn't find any items with the tags:

[02/02/2022 - 09:14:13PM] Devious Captures: triggered by robbery event
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:13PM] Devious Captures: resetting RNG
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:13PM] Devious Captures: deploying RNG and restricting to eligible devices
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] Devious Captures: device equip chances calculated
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] Devious Captures Excluded Tags: Gag = ; Belt = ; Harness = ,locked,blocking; Variants = DCexcluded,bronze,silver;
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] [Zad]: GetDeviceByTags([Keyword <zad_DeviousPlugVaginal (0801DD7C)>], plug,vaginal)
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] [Zad]: No devices found with tags, falling back to random device
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] ERROR: Cannot place a None object
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.PlaceAtMe() - "<native>" Line ?
    [zadQuest (0A00F624)].zadlibs.ManipulateGenericDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 3334
    [mslDC2MainQST (65000D62)].mslDC2FunctionsSCR.DeviousEquip() - "mslDC2FunctionsSCR.psc" Line 457
    [mslDC2MainQST (65000D62)].mslDC2FunctionsSCR.OnCaptureTrigger() - "mslDC2FunctionsSCR.psc" Line 86
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] [Zad] ((WARNING)): ManipulateGenericDevice received non DD argument.
[02/02/2022 - 09:14:14PM] ERROR: Cannot call Delete() on a None object, aborting function call

The source files were similar, but the .pex different?
That's strange, because I didn't do anything on the code and just recompiled it. So the .pex should match the .psc. Unless I somehow swapped the .psc files? Not sure how that could have happend

But anyways, you can always check the source from where I got it, here:

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...