Skyrim Magic Illegal

20 hours ago, Mister X said:

First, for the detection problem, there's already a mod called NARC, that resolves this problem. At least I think this could be your problem, too, if you hook up on the vanilla bounty system.

Second: isn't there any way to check the related school and potential power of a spell, when it gets equipped/casted? Like this, any spell mod should be compatible, as long as they integrate into the vanilla schools, or am I wrong? 

I use a workaround for the detection of the player, but thanks anyway^^ NARC seem like an nice addition to my modlist^^

Done. I found a way to get the associated school of magic and the magnitudes on a spell. The highest magnitude * an individual base-fine is then the bounty added.

19 hours ago, Andy14 said:

But the question of compatibility is really important and not easy to solve, that's why I pointed it out.

In my view, it is not possible to consider all mods or vanilla quests. Hence the suggestion of an MCM for deactivating the scripts (return nothing). It works without MCM, but is a self-defined hotkey - nicer.

It's a good idea and I wish you success - a Skyrim without magic. I could think about playing Skyrim.

Exactly. 

I found that a cusomisable hotkey via mcm isn't so difficult to make. I go for a turn-off functionality

19 hours ago, ClockworkTower said:

Oh yea I haven't thought about the winterhold quests, places uneffected by the law is a good idea, also modded quests, a sort of "off switch" in the mcm menu would be welcome so good idea dude, also the "off switch" could be a solution to modded spells like if you wan't to change a setting or want to use matchmaker just turn the mod off for a bit, then turn it back on when you're finished, it's a more simple solution to magic mod conflicts other than weeding them out then again I'm not a modder so weeding them out might be a better solution so I'll just let you decide. also with the licensing thing I never actually  expected that to be in the mod I just took it as a way to explain why court wizards, alchemists, and healers aren't being persecuted, so that's fine. and lastly I have a question would it be possible to make it so certain factions won't turn you in (this could also be a solution to the college of winterhold quests, and keeping animals from turning you in) cuz it would be weird if you get a bounty from a bandit or even weirder a warlock or vampire, it would also be odd if master Neloth turned you in for using magic too, also people who use SD+ might decide to join any of the magic using crime factions(warlocks, necromancers, vampires, etc) and it would be weird if they got turned in by them after joining them for using magic.

And I didn't think about SD+ faction changes^^

I added your suggestions to the filter conditions with the ColledgeOfWinterhold faction. 

Now I just need to finish the mcm and test it all through and then we have a new mod for our collection ;)

1 hour ago, Guffel said:

I use a workaround for the detection of the player, but thanks anyway^^ NARC seem like an nice addition to my modlist^^

Done. I found a way to get the associated school of magic and the magnitudes on a spell. The highest magnitude * an individual base-fine is then the bounty added.

Exactly. 

I found that a cusomisable hotkey via mcm isn't so difficult to make. I go for a turn-off functionality

I added your suggestions to the filter conditions with the ColledgeOfWinterhold faction. 

Now I just need to finish the mcm and test it all through and then we have a new mod for our collection ;)

YAY, thanks again friend!

On 7/13/2018 at 7:54 AM, Guffel said:

Exactly. 

how's the mod coming along?

On 7/12/2018 at 2:45 PM, Guffel said:

That could really become a problem. If only vanilla spells are allowed, mods that use spells for settings or simply the SL matchmaker wouldn't get you into trouble.

Some other mods witch similar problems operate with a player managed whitelist. "Chasinfg the Dragon" comes to my mind, where all potions are toxic. But the player can add  potions to a whitelist in the MCM.

16 hours ago, ClockworkTower said:

how's the mod coming along?

slowly... i ran into a problem with the mcm. it just don't want to show up. But I also didn't had a lot of time to look into that, and didn't work on the mod over the weekend. I plan to continue during the course of the week^^

16 hours ago, worik said:

Some other mods witch similar problems operate with a player managed whitelist. "Chasinfg the Dragon" comes to my mind, where all potions are toxic. But the player can add  potions to a whitelist in the MCM.

That's actually a great idea. Why didn't i thought of this^^ It shouldn't be to difficult to implement. I'll look into it

17 hours ago, worik said:

did ya misspell "with" with "witch" on purpose cuz either way I think it's funny cuz the topic of this thread is illegal magic users hahaha

23 hours ago, ClockworkTower said:

did ya misspell "with" with "witch" on purpose cuz either way I think it's funny cuz the topic of this thread is illegal magic users hahaha

I HATE automatic-misspelling-mischecking-and-discorrection crapware. I do!

Though it is funny, now :D

Time for an update: The mod is comming along quite nicely. The mcm works, variable bounties and an induvidual on/off key are in place.

I'm still working on a custom whitelist. The basics work, but not all spells show up properly in the list. I still have to figure out how to make them behave^^

1 hour ago, ClockworkTower said:

Awesome thanks again man :) , one more thing though will spouses and everyone on solstheim be excluded?

good point^^ i didn't think of the dlc or partners... I think I'll add dragonborn support, so you also get a bounty in solstheim and excluse spouses like follower.

actually I was hoping you wouldn't get a bounty on solstheim since one half of the population is elves and the skaal are actually pro magic,

speaking of dlc support I was also hoping these dlc factions would be excluded too

the dawnguard, volkihar vampires, soul cairn ghosts, adopted children, and hearthfire stewards, if they haven't been excluded already

Today is the day :)

I think, I'm finished. Here it is^^ You can now do some testing with it and if I didn't miss any bugs I'll upload it in it's own thread the next days.

You will only get a bounty in or around of a town or city. No small mines or farms. Solstheim is also not included.

Let me know what you think :)

MagicIsACrime_v1.0_.rar

so far so good, I haven't been arrested yet but that's because I ran away, I wanted to to the bounty system first and see how well it played with Prison Overhaul, I'll get arrested and imprisoned once I restart the game.

On 7/18/2018 at 5:13 PM, Guffel said:

I think, I'm finished. Here it is^^ You can now do some testing with it and if I didn't miss any bugs I'll upload it in it's own thread the next days.

You will only get a bounty in or around of a town or city. No small mines or farms. Solstheim is also not included.

MagicIsACrime_v1.0_.rar

hey dude sorry that I have been inactive for a bit I was trying to fix some ctd issues, the mod still works well and I do like it a lot thanks again friend :)

MagicIsACrime_v1.0_.rar

Hey Guffel I have a suggestion for the mod if you're interested, would it be possible to be able to customize which cities have anti-magic laws via the MCM menu, like be able to toggle illegal magic on or off in certain cities/holds, like say I wan't to have magic be illegal in whiterun but also wan't magic to be legal in solitude?

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Mister X said:

Heyho, may I request a small status update? How's the mod going, is there a new version or even a download page? It would be a pity to let this idea vanish ...

yea there is a download just click the link in guffel's last post

HERE

MagicIsACrime_v1.0_.rar

@ClockworkTower Yes, this one I've already got, but I was referring to 

On 7/18/2018 at 11:13 PM, Guffel said:

I'll upload it in it's own thread the next days.

This thread never became reality, did it?

@Guffel When I was using Wrye Bash, I got this error message:

Unrecognized VM Data property type: 0
Error loading 'QUST' record and/or subrecord: 02000D62
  eid = u'MIAC_MainController'
  subrecord = 'VMAD'
  subrecord size = 1907
  file pos = 1384
Error in MagicIsACrime.esp

Maybe it tells you something ^^ 

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

@ClockworkTower Yes, this one I've already got, but I was referring to 

This thread never became reality, did it?

@Guffel When I was using Wrye Bash, I got this error message:

Unrecognized VM Data property type: 0
Error loading 'QUST' record and/or subrecord: 02000D62
  eid = u'MIAC_MainController'
  subrecord = 'VMAD'
  subrecord size = 1907
  file pos = 1384
Error in MagicIsACrime.esp

Maybe it tells you something ^^ 

that's strange I haven't been getting any problems so far

Archived