Guest ffabris
1 hour ago, jeff159753 said:

oh wait nvm, i just disable one of the mod that involve changing game world and is work perfectly again :) thanks you for the reply 

OK great! ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The changes to the NPC's genitals in the racemenu revert back to default when I load a save.

It's still on the changed number in racemenu, but cosmetically it's back to default size.

Everytime I load, I have to go into the NPC's racemenu and play with the slider before the genitals' size changes to the actual number in the racemenu.

When I load I can see the changed size for a second, but then the mesh updates to default size.

I made sure to put manipulator as the last mod in my load order as well.

Edited by FluffyDaemon
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 3:36 AM, jeff159753 said:

oh wait nvm, i just disable one of the mod that involve changing game world and is work perfectly again :) thanks you for the reply 

which mod was that?

(can't get fast travel thing to work, so.....)

• 1 month later...

This seems to conflict with the Dapper Deliveries courier overhaul. With any save that has or has had The Manipulator installed, the courier reverts to its Vanilla clothing randomizer routine. It was a total bitch to find the culprit too, because I couldn't find a trace of Manipulator editing the courier whatsoever in xEdit. 

Moreover, the issue seems to bake into the save file itself, because simply deactivating The Manipulator, saving and reloading seems to not help. Only starting a new game. 

Loading save with Dapper Deliveries + Manipulator installed or uninstalled:
The courier has the new face and dagger, but Vanilla clothes and no backpack. Recycleactor and Resetinventory don't help.

COCing to Whiterunorigin from the main menu with Dapper Deliveries + The Manipulator installed:
The courier has the new outfit for a few seconds, then switches back to vanilla clothes and loses backpack.

COCing to Whiterunorigin from the main menu with Dapper Deliveries installed, The Manipulator deactivated:
The courier has his new face, dagger, outfit, and backpack.

I realize this hasn't been worked on in years, so I guess I could live with these mods just not playing nice together, but I still want to try asking a couple questions because, well, The Manipulator is awesome ?

Q. Does this have anything to do with the "Strip The Courier!" thing in this mod? I've never used it, ever really. Again, I can't find anything about strip the courier in xEdit. If so, any way I could deactivate everything to do with it and still use the rest of the Manipulator?

Q. Any way to salvage existing saves affected by this issue?

Edited by dudeyochill
4 hours ago, dudeyochill said:

This seems to conflict with the Dapper Deliveries courier overhaul. With any save that has or has had The Manipulator installed, the courier reverts to its Vanilla clothing randomizer routine. It was a total bitch to find the culprit too, because I couldn't find a trace of Manipulator editing the courier whatsoever in xEdit. 

Moreover, the issue seems to bake into the save file itself, because simply deactivating The Manipulator, saving and reloading seems to not help. Only starting a new game. 

Loading save with Dapper Deliveries + Manipulator installed or uninstalled:
The courier has the new face and dagger, but Vanilla clothes and no backpack. Recycleactor and Resetinventory don't help.

COCing to Whiterunorigin from the main menu with Dapper Deliveries + The Manipulator installed:
The courier has the new outfit for a few seconds, then switches back to vanilla clothes and loses backpack.

COCing to Whiterunorigin from the main menu with Dapper Deliveries installed, The Manipulator deactivated:
The courier has his new face, dagger, outfit, and backpack.

I realize this hasn't been worked on in years, so I guess I could live with these mods just not playing nice together, but I still want to try asking a couple questions because, well, The Manipulator is awesome ?

Q. Does this have anything to do with the "Strip The Courier!" thing in this mod? I've never used it, ever really. Again, I can't find anything about strip the courier in xEdit. If so, any way I could deactivate everything to do with it and still use the rest of the Manipulator?

Q. Any way to salvage existing saves affected by this issue?

I hadn't heard of Dapper Deliveries. Thanks for linking it, I got a much needed chuckle from the pics with that mod.

Anyway, on to the matter at hand: I use a (self-made) courier face replacer and never had any issues between Manipulator and mod. I must confess that I have never tried the strip courier either, so no idea if/ how that works. It "should" be a simple strip script and nothing to do with the actual outfit of the courier. And yes, there is a difference between the two. A strip script removes whatever outfit an NPC is wearing. Hence no trace in xEdit.

Anyway, how to fix it. Have you tried simple moving Dapper Deliveries below Manipulator in your modlist? That should fix things like outfits and the like. If that doesn't work you can always try making a bashed patch and check if the correct values for the courier are the last to load. Or more simply: open xEdit and load your complete modlist, then open Dapper Deliveries and see if any other mod is overwriting anything. Though it sounds like you already did the last option.

3 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

I hadn't heard of Dapper Deliveries. Thanks for linking it, I got a much needed chuckle from the pics with that mod.

Anyway, on to the matter at hand: I use a (self-made) courier face replacer and never had any issues between Manipulator and mod. I must confess that I have never tried the strip courier either, so no idea if/ how that works. It "should" be a simple strip script and nothing to do with the actual outfit of the courier. And yes, there is a difference between the two. A strip script removes whatever outfit an NPC is wearing. Hence no trace in xEdit.

Anyway, how to fix it. Have you tried simple moving Dapper Deliveries below Manipulator in your modlist? That should fix things like outfits and the like. If that doesn't work you can always try making a bashed patch and check if the correct values for the courier are the last to load. Or more simply: open xEdit and load your complete modlist, then open Dapper Deliveries and see if any other mod is overwriting anything. Though it sounds like you already did the last option.

Haha yes, I'm generally not one for memes, but that Shining one cracked me up too.

The face replacer from Dapper works fine for me as well, the problem is solely based around the outfit + backpack. The vanilla game randomizes between 7 different "farm clothes" variants, and the replacer overwrites this with its own selection of 7 pieces of base game farm and merchant clothes, and then randomly selects between 7 types of backpack and scroll accessories. Having the manipulator installed reverts this back to vanilla behavior, with hideous head rags and all, presumably by some sort of script. 

I generally just let LOOT take care of things with very few exceptions, and it seems to reliably put Manipulator before the courier overhaul. I don't think this is load order related.

I only mentioned the strip the courier option because it's at least suspicious/sounds like a lead that a mod which interferes with courier replacements, has a courier specific feature related to clothing. It may be highly coincidental, but unrelated.

I'm confident Manipulator is responsible, because the issue is easily reproducible by creating a new MO2 profile, loading nothing but USSEP, ASLAL, PapyrusUtil, Manipulator, SKYUI, and Dapper Deliveries, starting a new game in Honeyside, cheating a skill to 100 with player.advskill, leveling up, and going back and forth into a building a couple times until the courier arrives with the Jarl Siddgeir letter. Doing the same without Manipulator yields the desired results. 

I've tried bashing outfits, which didn't help, but I'm not sure why it would, considering Manipulator doesn't directly edit any records pertaining to the courier. Even in my 556 plugin main profile, WICourierNPC (00039f83) is only touched by Skyrim.esm and Dapper Deliveries. The really weird part comes in where save files aren't "cured" by uninstalling Manipulator.

So yeah, looks like I'm kind of stuck since I don't know the first thing about Papyrus ?

Edited by dudeyochill
13 hours ago, dudeyochill said:

Haha yes, I'm generally not one for memes, but that Shining one cracked me up too.

The face replacer from Dapper works fine for me as well, the problem is solely based around the outfit + backpack. The vanilla game randomizes between 7 different "farm clothes" variants, and the replacer overwrites this with its own selection of 7 pieces of base game farm and merchant clothes, and then randomly selects between 7 types of backpack and scroll accessories. Having the manipulator installed reverts this back to vanilla behavior, with hideous head rags and all, presumably by some sort of script. 

I generally just let LOOT take care of things with very few exceptions, and it seems to reliably put Manipulator before the courier overhaul. I don't think this is load order related.

I only mentioned the strip the courier option because it's at least suspicious/sounds like a lead that a mod which interferes with courier replacements, has a courier specific feature related to clothing. It may be highly coincidental, but unrelated.

I'm confident Manipulator is responsible, because the issue is easily reproducible by creating a new MO2 profile, loading nothing but USSEP, ASLAL, PapyrusUtil, Manipulator, SKYUI, and Dapper Deliveries, starting a new game in Honeyside, cheating a skill to 100 with player.advskill, leveling up, and going back and forth into a building a couple times until the courier arrives with the Jarl Siddgeir letter. Doing the same without Manipulator yields the desired results. 

I've tried bashing outfits, which didn't help, but I'm not sure why it would, considering Manipulator doesn't directly edit any records pertaining to the courier. Even in my 556 plugin main profile, WICourierNPC (00039f83) is only touched by Skyrim.esm and Dapper Deliveries. The really weird part comes in where save files aren't "cured" by uninstalling Manipulator.

So yeah, looks like I'm kind of stuck since I don't know the first thing about Papyrus ?

A major caveat before I go any further: I am no star with Papyrus either. Ffabris is the man with the script wizardry. I merely took over managing/ converting a few of his mods. Because, well, to me they are essential to an enjoyable Skyrim playthrough.

Having said that, I had a look at the scripts and your problem is indeed caused by Manipulator. The "Strip Courier" function has the original "random farm outfit" hardcoded in it. So whether or not you strip the courier, he will always wear one of those vanilla outfits. And yes, including hideous head rags. So you are right that Manipulator is the culprit.

Now, to correct this, the code will have to be changed or "ripped out". The ripping out part would be very easy to do, though I can't guarantee that it won't cause other problems (see caveat). I could do a hack-and-slash, recompile the affected scripts in Creation Kit and Bob's your sugar-daddy. Problem is though, that I can't get Creation Kit to work. ?

So I am afraid that I can't help you solve this issue right now. I will keep trying to get CK to work, but don't get your hopes up.

Guest ffabris
8 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Ffabris is the man with the script wizardry.

Was, in another life. Now, I remember nothing about it,

On 7/9/2022 at 8:19 PM, ButchDiavolo said:

A major caveat before I go any further: I am no star with Papyrus either. Ffabris is the man with the script wizardry. I merely took over managing/ converting a few of his mods. Because, well, to me they are essential to an enjoyable Skyrim playthrough.

Having said that, I had a look at the scripts and your problem is indeed caused by Manipulator. The "Strip Courier" function has the original "random farm outfit" hardcoded in it. So whether or not you strip the courier, he will always wear one of those vanilla outfits. And yes, including hideous head rags. So you are right that Manipulator is the culprit.

Now, to correct this, the code will have to be changed or "ripped out". The ripping out part would be very easy to do, though I can't guarantee that it won't cause other problems (see caveat). I could do a hack-and-slash, recompile the affected scripts in Creation Kit and Bob's your sugar-daddy. Problem is though, that I can't get Creation Kit to work. ?

So I am afraid that I can't help you solve this issue right now. I will keep trying to get CK to work, but don't get your hopes up.

Okay, thanks for checking mate. It's not a huge deal of course, I can definitely suffer the hideous head rags for a while longer ?

It was mainly not knowing the reason that was driving me crazy. Big thanks for porting ffabris's mods too, they absolutely are essential.

On 7/10/2022 at 5:16 AM, ffabris said:

Was, in another life. Now, I remember nothing about it,

Thanks for all your wonderful stuff ffabris! Men's Club Merged, Cocksmen, Sextalk, and Manipulator are gems, and never leaving my load order. ?

Edited by dudeyochill
Guest ffabris
22 hours ago, dudeyochill said:

Thanks for all your wonderful stuff ffabris! Men's Club Merged, Cocksmen, Sextalk, and Manipulator are gems, and never leaving my load order. ?

Thank you, appreciated! ?

• 2 months later...

Guys, help! PLEASE!

I installed this mod for one and only purpose - RaceMenu on NPCs, which doesn't seem to work. I do have Racemenu and UIExtensions installed, the menu opens, but changes do not appear on NPCs. For example, I add hand overlays - wonderfull textures by ZMD78, click confirm, and no texture appears on NPC, the RaceMenu still showing it as applied though. At same time those textures works just fine on PC...

Any advise? All I want is to add overlays, and, perfectly, change hair colour of my followers. If you can help me fixing this mod or recomend other which wiil suit my needs, I would be extremely gratefull! Thanks!

PS I know EFF has (or had, before AE) those functions, but I accidentely started game with AFT, and not willing to start a new game...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone having a problem with the Harem function? The moment I add someone to my Harem, I can no longer Wait on the room where said NPC is; it gives me the default "You Cannot Wait While Being Asked To Leave." message of when you try to Wait on some NPC's house. The place in question is a room I made on a mod, so it shouldn't conflict with anything else. I set the place to PlayerOwned both in my mod AND Manipulator, so I have no idea of what's going on. Anyone knows how to fix this?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried many times to use this mod with my new setup but I can't let it work anymore.

In previous playtroughs it has worked fine. Never had to do something extra., Download and install and everything always worked as intended.

Now i can't change settings. I cant add outfits, I cant store places for fast travel, I can store items but I cant get it back.

No .json file wil be made and a previous .json file is not recognized or loaded.

I tried it high in the loadorder, also at the bottom of the load order, and I let vortex deside. Nothing helps.

I have all the requirements, the papyrusUtil 39

And it is all for Skyrim SE (pre AE)

Hoping for any advice

Edited by kmaaier
  • 1 month later...

For everyone having issues with the NPC Racemenu: I am very sorry, but I have never understood how that works. As I mentioned before, ffabris was the scripting genius. I only looked at the code for it once, blinked, scratched my head, backed away slowly and closed it forever, because I had/ have no idea what it all does. So I am very sorry that I cannot give any help/ feedback on that part of the mod. *hangs head in shame*

On 2/19/2023 at 8:02 PM, kmaaier said:

I tried many times to use this mod with my new setup but I can't let it work anymore.

In previous playtroughs it has worked fine. Never had to do something extra., Download and install and everything always worked as intended.

Now i can't change settings. I cant add outfits, I cant store places for fast travel, I can store items but I cant get it back.

No .json file wil be made and a previous .json file is not recognized or loaded.

I tried it high in the loadorder, also at the bottom of the load order, and I let vortex deside. Nothing helps.

I have all the requirements, the papyrusUtil 39

And it is all for Skyrim SE (pre AE)

Hoping for any advice

Hmm, odd. It sounds like it is a JContainers issue. Are you sure you have the correct version of JContainers installed?

Yes, JContainers is okay. Problem is solved.

Needed to add roules in Vortex. OStim, Oaroused and Bathing in Skyrim needed to load after Manipulator. That is not an automatic rule but I noticed it with a fresh install again

Edited by kmaaier
  • 4 months later...
On 10/14/2022 at 8:52 PM, mentosfresh said:

Anyone able to get this working in VR? The NPC racemenu editing is what I am after and when I try to open the menu it looks like this.

buggedracemenu.jpg

Has anyone been able to get the appearance editor to work in SkyrimVR? I have the same issue that mentosfresh posted here. As alternatives I tried using EFF cosmetic menu and that doesn't work, and the VR version of PROTEUS had it's appearance changer removed. Does anyone know of another appearance editor I can try? Or a workaround for this weird UI bug?

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2020 at 3:26 AM, Shuzi said:

...I could not find the protected flag option in MCM, only Essential.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:40 AM, Guest ffabris said:

Manipulator only has Essential. The only difference from Protected is that the NPC cannot be killed by the player either:

Ref. https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Bethesda_Tutorial_Quest_Loose_Ends 

Is there a particular reason behind this?

According to its description, the LE version, has a protected option.

Unfortunately, without that option, NPCs that are protected can't be unprotected, which is a shame and kinda unexpected, considering the scope of the mod.