Commoner Belts

View File

Are you a fan of skimpy armor and clothing mods? Disappointed that after all this time not all vanilla clothing options have been replaced with skimpy ones? Want your common villagers and miners to shrug out of their clothes and live a little freer? Then this mod might be for you.

Simply put, this mod replaces all of the vanilla commoner outfits, the merchant's clothes, buckled tunic, 'clothes' and miner's clothes, with various different belts and pouches.

Because you may be happy to walk around naked but you still need somewhere to hang your dagger and carry your stuff right?

First time making a clothing replacement mod for Skyrim, eager to hear feedback and suggestions.

Be aware, mod is functional but still undergoing tweaks, stay tuned for updates!

Updated to version 1.2

Changelog:

1.2: Added Merchant's Clothes

1.1: Added size 0 meshes for all outfits, character scaling issue is now fixed. Edited the 'belted tunic' and 'miners clothes' outfits, they both still have the shoulder bag but now also have belts about the waist, different belts to be visually distinct from each other.

Known issues:

Clothing items not yet set to be 'revealing', you have to do that yourself in the mod config menu, but should only need to do so once for each item of clothing you encounter.

Credits:

Modular, resource where I got most of the assets for the mod from.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83351?tab=post

Bad Dog, for advice and using one of his clothing meshes as a starting point.

https://www.loverslab.com/profile/441330-bad-dog

20180629010608_1.jpg

20180629010801_1.jpg

20180629123619_1.jpg

20180629225000_1.jpg

20180630085159_1.jpg

20180701184107_1.jpg

It's nice to see more SOS revealing replacers, specially since no other mod takes care of the "commoner" clothes as you mention (or at least I don't know any that does).

Still, it feels a bit too "bare" for my taste. Any chance you could look into making the outfits into more than a belt (but still skimpy)? For example, the resource you used includes a bunch of separate meshes for shirts (like from the barkeeper clothes) or tops alone without skirts and pants, so those could be used to make the revealing outfits retain more of the original design while still being revealing (since the crotch would be exposed and so would the legs most of the time).

Just my two cents, though.

19 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

It's nice to see more SOS revealing replacers, specially since no other mod takes care of the "commoner" clothes as you mention (or at least I don't know any that does).

Still, it feels a bit too "bare" for my taste. Any chance you could look into making the outfits into more than a belt (but still skimpy)? For example, the resource you used includes a bunch of separate meshes for shirts (like from the barkeeper clothes) or tops alone without skirts and pants, so those could be used to make the revealing outfits retain more of the original design while still being revealing (since the crotch would be exposed and so would the legs most of the time).

Just my two cents, though.

I would have liked to do that. Shirts without pants, leather overcoats but otherwise bare, that sort of thing, but at the moment that's beyond my ability. I'm just starting out making these kinds of mods, and sadly the resource I'm pulling from is scaled for vanilla bodies, not SoS male bodies. Belts and pouches are easy enough and fit on SoS bodies with little or no  tweaking, but the shirts and coats would need to be completely reshaped in a model editor to fit properly.

Which is a task I'm not up to at the moment, I hope to teach myself how to do that and make a better mod down the line, this one is just a stopgap for my own use that I felt like sharing. Or someone more experienced may yet make a better skimpy commoners mod.

In the meantime, I threw this together as a first experiment and hoped that someone else might find some enjoyment in it as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bug Report.

If you using Common Belts with SOS full you will get a missing penis since the clothing are not tap with the keyword SOS_Revealing. 

Where you want to manually click on every male npc and and go in the SOS MCM menu to make then mark as Revealing to have the penis show up for them

The fix for this is to add the keyword SOS_Revealing to the clothing in under armor tap that this mod impacts.

5 hours ago, Soaryne said:

Bug Report.

If you using Common Belts with SOS full you will get a missing penis since the clothing are not tap with the keyword SOS_Revealing. 

Where you want to manually click on every male npc and and go in the SOS MCM menu to make then mark as Revealing to have the penis show up for them

The fix for this is to add the keyword SOS_Revealing to the clothing in under armor tap that this mod impacts.

I didn't have that problem, at least I only had to set it to revealing once for each type of clothing, not for every single NPC, I didn't think it was that much of an issue. I will look into adding that keyword though, would that be something I do through the Creation Kit?

Love the idea of this mod. I've always wanted to play a game of Skyrim with everyone practically naked but not fully. A couple of questions:

1) Will this mod work with non-furry characters?

2) Will you make a version for the women as well? And if you do, can it be in  CBBE bodyslide?

17 hours ago, RavenActual said:

I didn't have that problem, at least I only had to set it to revealing once for each type of clothing, not for every single NPC, I didn't think it was that much of an issue. I will look into adding that keyword though, would that be something I do through the Creation Kit?

I don't see why you can but since my Creation kit hasn't work since day one and when no one reply to nay of the help question on why it keep removing all the .bsa script for close out of it and not letting me open papyrus script I can't tell you for sure.

I know using tes5edit the it xx0012DB (XX is the load order number when using tes5edit). You just ind the clothing in armor tap of Skyrim.esm 

choose copy as an override to Commoner belt.esp.

then go to commoner belt.esp and click on the armor tap

Then go to the keyword add in each of the clothing you addded to it

right click ton keywork bar and choose add new keyword.

Then add the keywork ID number to the new keyword tad.

If you like I can add them for your and IM you the edits it to you.

Are farmclothes01-farmclothes04 and minerclothing all the clothing this mod impacts?

1 hour ago, Soaryne said:

I don't see why you can but since my Creation kit hasn't work since day one and when no one reply to nay of the help question on why it keep removing all the .bsa script for close out of it and not letting me open papyrus script I can't tell you for sure.

I know using tes5edit the it xx0012DB (XX is the load order number when using tes5edit). You just ind the clothing in armor tap of Skyrim.esm 

choose copy as an override to Commoner belt.esp.

then go to commoner belt.esp and click on the armor tap

Then go to the keyword add in each of the clothing you addded to it

right click ton keywork bar and choose add new keyword.

Then add the keywork ID number to the new keyword tad.

If you like I can add them for your and IM you the edits it to you.

Are farmclothes01-farmclothes04 and minerclothing all the clothing this mod impacts?

Give me a bit to figure it out for myself, I might want to add more outfits to this at a later date.

Mod updated, still trying to figure out how to set it to be revealing on its own, so far no luck. But setting it to revealing through the config menu only has to be done once for each item of clothing and takes about five seconds, so not a major issue.

I added in a replacement for Merchant's Clothes, using the Dawnguard belt. It's the fanciest looking belt I have access to, has a nice little book attached to it for a merchant to keep track of sales, and even a coin hanging from it for good measure, so it seemed like a good fit.

Hope you enjoy.

5 minutes ago, RavenActual said:

Mod updated, still trying to figure out how to set it to be revealing on its own, so far no luck.

1. Load up TES5Edit with only the main SOS .esm file selected (as well as Skyrim.esm and any other master whose clothes you edited), but not the SOS .esp.

2. Search for a "SOS_Revealing" keyword in the SOS .esm.

3. Copy as override into -> New file -> give it the name you want (should create a new plugin and also make SOS a master).

4. Find the ARMO entry for the first item you edited in Skyrim.esm (or whatever other master if it's from a mod or DLC).

5. Copy as override into -> the new plugin you created and named in Step 3.

6. Go to the override on your custom plugin and add the SOS_Revealing keyword (the one you copied earlier) to the keywords list.

7. Repeat steps 4-5-6 for all edited armors.

8. Close and save.

10 hours ago, metanight78 said:

Love the idea of this mod. I've always wanted to play a game of Skyrim with everyone practically naked but not fully. A couple of questions:

1) Will this mod work with non-furry characters?

2) Will you make a version for the women as well? And if you do, can it be in  CBBE bodyslide?

Yes it works fine for just regular SoS, the Yiffy Age of Skyrim mod changes the body textures, not the meshes the bodies use, so regular humans fit them just as well.

I might if there's interest, there are already a number of clothing mods that makes these clothing items for women be very skimpy, made by people with the skills to actually adapt the clothing items to the enhanced bodies, so you have things like bottomless shirts and so forth. If there's interest in a women's version of belts and straps then I might make it.

Sorry for missing your reply earlier, I appreciate the interest! If you have any other suggestions let me know.

1 hour ago, Yuni said:

Thank you for making these. :3 I love this kind of general nudity mod, Sweetling. I really appreciate it.

Glad to have helped! Likewise if you have any suggestions or requests let me know.

16 hours ago, RavenActual said:

Yes it works fine for just regular SoS, the Yiffy Age of Skyrim mod changes the body textures, not the meshes the bodies use, so regular humans fit them just as well.

I might if there's interest, there are already a number of clothing mods that makes these clothing items for women be very skimpy, made by people with the skills to actually adapt the clothing items to the enhanced bodies, so you have things like bottomless shirts and so forth. If there's interest in a women's version of belts and straps then I might make it.

Sorry for missing your reply earlier, I appreciate the interest! If you have any other suggestions let me know.

Glad to have helped! Likewise if you have any suggestions or requests let me know.

It's true that there are many skimpy outfit mods for women characters already, however I'm not aware of one that is just belts, which is what I'm looking for. If there is one and i've missed it then by all means tell me. Otherwise I think it would be awesome to have this mod work for both men and women.

No worries about missing my earlier post, there was a lot going on in the posts after me :P

2 hours ago, metanight78 said:

It's true that there are many skimpy outfit mods for women characters already, however I'm not aware of one that is just belts, which is what I'm looking for. If there is one and i've missed it then by all means tell me. Otherwise I think it would be awesome to have this mod work for both men and women.

No worries about missing my earlier post, there was a lot going on in the posts after me :P

Alright, not my first priority at the moment but when I have the time I'll make another variant of this mod that does the same stuff for female characters. Or at least I'll try, hopefully the shoulder strap gear is something I can do without it clipping through a breast or something. If not then I'll think of something!

5 minutes ago, RavenActual said:

Alright, not my first priority at the moment but when I have the time I'll make another variant of this mod that does the same stuff for female characters. Or at least I'll try, hopefully the shoulder strap gear is something I can do without it clipping through a breast or something. If not then I'll think of something!

If worse comes to worst you could always have the female variant omit the shoulder strap.

And thanks for considering my feedback. I'm looking forward to this mod's continued development.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:06 AM, Blaze69 said:

1. Load up TES5Edit with only the main SOS .esm file selected (as well as Skyrim.esm and any other master whose clothes you edited), but not the SOS .esp.

2. Search for a "SOS_Revealing" keyword in the SOS .esm.

3. Copy as override into -> New file -> give it the name you want (should create a new plugin and also make SOS a master).

4. Find the ARMO entry for the first item you edited in Skyrim.esm (or whatever other master if it's from a mod or DLC).

5. Copy as override into -> the new plugin you created and named in Step 3.

6. Go to the override on your custom plugin and add the SOS_Revealing keyword (the one you copied earlier) to the keywords list.

7. Repeat steps 4-5-6 for all edited armors.

8. Close and save.

So, has this been of any use? Did you figure it out, or do you have any doubts on how to do it?

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

So, has this been of any use? Did you figure it out, or do you have any doubts on how to do it?

It's still giving me trouble, I put the keyword into the mod's .esp, but it's still not making some of the clothes set to revealing on their own. The person above sent me an edited .esp that he did which did all the clothes before I put in merchant clothes, which did make those work, but for the life of me I can't tell any difference between my .esp and his .esp, as he just edited mine in seemingly the same way.

Even more odd, after I switched back to my original version in my game, the changes stayed, but I still can't get the merchant clothes to be revealing on their own despite having copied in the keyword and added it exactly as you described, in both tes5edit and the Creation Kit, which both confirm that the keyword is there.

36 minutes ago, RavenActual said:

[...]

Have you made sure your plugin loads last in your load order? If any other plugin that edits the same clothing records loads after your plugin, they will override the changes and thus cause the keyword to be missing. Otherwise, I can't think of any other reason for it not to work.

24 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Have you made sure your plugin loads last in your load order? If any other plugin that edits the same clothing records loads after your plugin, they will override the changes and thus cause the keyword to be missing. Otherwise, I can't think of any other reason for it not to work.

Yeah, it's last. Don't know what to tell you. Frustrating as it is it's still a fairly minor issue to me, so I'm not that concerned, would be nice if it worked right but it seems that it simply won't.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...