15 hours ago, cailic said:

I'm back from pulling weeds at my moms house. 

Uhh..... WOW!  Other than the missing textures, the place looks awesome.  I'm still looking around.  Just thought I'd chime in after my game crashed.  I'm guessing it was Sexlab Approach.  I think it was about to start the Horrible Harassment struggle animation.  So, there is no evidence your mod caused it. 

I'm impressed.  You certainly have talent. 

thank you cailic :) ... let me know if that crashing issue persists.  If it does, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know where exactly it is happening ... I had a similar issue with Approach and Adventures in The Feral Cat but that was before I optimized the cell.

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

thank you cailic :) ... let me know if that crashing issue persists.  If it does, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know where exactly it is happening ... I had a similar issue with Approach and Adventures in The Feral Cat but that was before I optimized the cell.

Oddly enough, that is were it happened. 

I haven't been playing, just sleeping for some reason. 

17 hours ago, cailic said:

Oddly enough, that is were it happened. 

I haven't been playing, just sleeping for some reason. 

Autumn approaches ... perhaps you are just getting ready to hibernate? lol

Good to know it was in the Feral Cat. I will take a look and see if I can optimize it even more.  I'm using mostly vanilla textures/meshes in there but for some reason it keeps behaving like the floors are see-through ... I'll add it to the list.

14 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Autumn approaches ... perhaps you are just getting ready to hibernate? lol

Good to know it was in the Feral Cat. I will take a look and see if I can optimize it even more.  I'm using mostly vanilla textures/meshes in there but for some reason it keeps behaving like the floors are see-through ... I'll add it to the list.

Its only from when you are looking out from inside of some of the rooms. I have noticed other mods have had this problem. I am wondering if it is a generic problem rather than one created through mistake.

7 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

Its only from when you are looking out from inside of some of the rooms. I have noticed other mods have had this problem. I am wondering if it is a generic problem rather than one created through mistake.

Yeah, it is a problem with some vanilla assets actually.  The flooring / ceiling tiles used in that interior are basic Solitude ones.  I've noticed it from using those assets in other non-released house mods I've done.  They have collision but the characters seem to view it like they are looking through glass or something (if you stand in the 2nd floor VIP room, the character will headtrack movement on the 1st floor ... I don't know enough about mesh creation to explain why it is happening, but I suspect it is because the asset has a floor and roof but the backsides of said floor and roof are invisible.  I think what may be happening is that the characters are reading the invisible side, rather than the visible solid side they can actually see ... even though that makes no sense ... lol.

Of course it may be something else entirely but it is a behaviour that is consistent with that asset. 

It will probably need new meshes/textures to resolve so I will keep it on the list of fixes to do.

Today is big scary script day ?

Today I will conquer my script fears

I will not back down to the tyranny of logic

Nor let the absence of skill deter me

This is a LoversLab mod damn it

Let the pixels screw!

Teehee ... trying to motivate myself to get some actual sexlab content into the mod today.

I was working today on some of the items brought up with the beta:

@Jappa123 - I think I found the fire issue you mentioned.  I'm using the default Skyrim fire light so it should be consistent with other mods.  I think the strange lighting you mentioned is being caused by overlapping lights that are throwing shadows.  It dulls the warm glow.  I'll make sure all of those issues are resolved.

No shadow lights

BetaFirelight.jpg.9e005ed513141a021a8fef7468f9c607.jpg

With shadow lights

BetaFirelightShadows.jpg.33961cf0e7e530fdce321ad5910f92a8.jpg

@Leeeeeroy - I fixed the bed. Still trying to figure out why those textures are off since everything looks good from my end.  I'll figure it out eventually ... lol.  I've let @Kimy know about the DD issue and hopefully we will find a solution.  It affects zap items as well.  I would hate to just tell people not to touch the towels if you are wearing items ... sort of immersion breaking.  We'll have to just wait and see.

111222169_BetaMeaderyBed.jpg.e0b56f6d8150d51eb71f8710f484bf2a.jpg

@BigOnes69 - I think I found that navmesh you were talking about. Fixed a couple of minor issues and navmesh check is clean ... fingers crossed.

Soooo .... overall darkness .... this is going to be an issue.  I ripped a hole in my cave roof to expose the sky and let some ambient light in.  It works, but, now I CTD fairly often.  I was afraid that might happen.  The cave roof and walls had occlusion and/or black panels (depending on area) ... this allowed me to block light coming through the stone (and causing the cave like darkness) but it also - and more importantly to performance - prevented rendering of landscape and sky textures that weren't being utilized.  I'll figure it out ... if the darkness is basically bugging everyone, then it has to be changed. 

big hole in roof now (don't worry ... I have a back up)

459998721_BetaHoleInRoof.jpg.307310290812db1aac146dc930b0c69e.jpg

Daylight

BetaHoleDaytime.jpg.667e25f50496624e7dd1a03dba85b6dd.jpg

Oh ... on the issue of lighting ... those little fire pots in the exterior are on timers and sometimes they don't bother to turn on until after you've been in town for at least 24 hours ... don't know why so that gets to go on the list too.   I've included some shots with the lights on and lights off so you can see what I mean.

All these shots are with the new hole in the roof. 

Timer not kicking in yet (10PM):

BetaHoleNoLights.jpg.887b0a7571a1e752b58664208cb25964.jpg

Lights on (10PM):

BetaHoleLights.jpg.a963aefdb3f512e4527a430ab3af1101.jpg

BetaHoleLights2.jpg.a68ab8033b14a15724e66d0f01929214.jpg

BetaHoleLights3.jpg.451e005452a153172e6a4ba90dc0e9d1.jpg

Oh! I've been working on my scripts (for what they are) and have some basic activity working. Yay! Have a few fetch quests working now and a basic skinder pick-up.  Still want to buidl a proper handler script but I'm not scared of it anymore.  It was very gratifying to see my little quests running.  ?

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I was working today on some of the items brought up with the beta:

Oh! I've been working on my scripts (for what they are) and have some basic activity working. Yay! Have a few fetch quests working now and a basic skinder pick-up.  Still want to buidl a proper handler script but I'm not scared of it anymore.  It was very gratifying to see my little quests running.  ?

Yes I need to start working with scripts myself. Probably need to beat my head on the side of the desk, monitor, and keyboard enough times so that it sinks in through one of the holes. More power to ya bro.

okay ... good news

I think I have solved the deep dark of night problem.  I changed the climate info and will be changing the assets used to make the walls.  Since I am no longer in a cave, but more of a grotto, I can use larger pieces so less rendering is necessary.  Just changing a couple of wall pieces stopped the CTD I was getting so I expect that once all the rock pieces are changed, overall performance will improve.

All of these shots are taken around 10PM.  With new climate:

newnightclimatechange.jpg.62d9966c22412456fb9eae94a448825d.jpg

With lights (lol ... I like how Beedle is looking at the PC like "why do you have clothes on? You never have clothes on."):

newnightwlights.jpg.1a67006617993541f41acf3cccc8b542.jpg

Garden. No lights in foreground but you can see the difference the light cast by the moon makes.

newnightgarden.jpg.20d97a9b5227150255bd14bb3673f5d8.jpg

• 3 months later...