"Your spell fizzle and fails to affect..."

Hi everyone, so, I've finally started to use SL, after getting bored with several other mods such as OSEX.

Unfortunately, I've encounter a problem that I'm just can't get rid off, even after getting through the very long troubleshooting post.

The problem is simple, I've started to use several SL mods, everything works alright, except animations never happens.

After using the "Matchmaker" mod and the spells, the only thing happening, with any character is : "Your spell fizzle and fails to affect xxxx"

I could describe what I did to solve the problem, but it's easier to say : The entire troubleshooting post, no exceptions.

It doesn't matter what I do, everything works ok, except for the SL animations, who never triggered under any circomstances.

Also, needless to say, other animations mods, sex related or not are working perfectly ok. (Dance of death, OSEX etc...)

Here's the last load order I used, with no results.
Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Hearthfire.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

UnoficialSkyrimPatch.esm

SexLab.esm

FNIS.esp

FNISSpells.esp

SKYUI.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

AlternateStart - Live another life.esp

Honestly, after running through everything, I do not have a single clue on what I should do.

By advance thank you.

15 minutes ago, Tzeensh said:

in game you need to go inside SexLab's Mod Control Menu (MCM) and click on "install" first before you can use SexLab.

if your trying to use a creature animation make sure you have "Allow Creature Animation" checked in SexLab's MCM settings (and make sure you actually have animations for the creature your trying to use).

another thing is if matchmaker fails to start a animation it will sometimes give you a more detailed error report in the console.

Hi MadMansGun,

Obviously, when going throught the troubleshooting, I did the SexLab install via the SkyUi Menu.

But, well I don't like to look stupid so I did it again just in case, the install is going ok, then I reactivated everyanimations.

I tried it on a random npc and my character.

The result is still the same : "Your spell fizzle and fails to affect..."

Also, the console isn't telling me anything, at least nothing that doesn't come directly from the SL Installation. (and there's nothing that looks like an error message)

24 minutes ago, Tzeensh said:

have you tried this?

2. run/rerun the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, if you don't the animations wont work/run.
C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
WARNING: Windows (Vista/7/8/10) Security may interfere with updating/overwriting the FNIS behavior files.
you may not even get a error message telling you that this has happened.
make sure FNIS and your mod manager are running with administrator privileges.

8. you may need to reload the animations, go to the Animation Loader's MCM and then:
8.1. click on the "Disable All" button.
8.2. click on "Rebuild Animation Registry", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
8.3. click on "Reload JSON".
8.4. click on "Enable All".
8.5. click on "Register Animations", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
*if you like you can press "~" on your keyboard to open the console so you can watch it Register everything, just make sure you close it before you try to click on anything.

9. if SLAL Packs are not being listed in SLAL try reinstalling/updating JContainers.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49743/?

43 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

have you tried this?

I just tried to launch everything with admin privileges, no changes.

I tried the whole you said. 

The only thing that bothers me is, when I try the "Rebuild Animation Registry" it says : Succesfully registered 0 animations.

But when I go in the animation list, every animation is here and everything is checked.

1 hour ago, Tzeensh said:

Also, here's the logs.

Papyrus.0.log

SexLabDebug.0.log

i think something is wrong with your sexlab install:

[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property ExpressionSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property ActorLib on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property VoiceSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property AnimSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property Stats on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property ThreadLib on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property CreatureSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property Factory on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property ThreadSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

10 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i think something is wrong with your sexlab install:

[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property ExpressionSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property ActorLib on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property VoiceSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property AnimSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property Stats on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property ThreadLib on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property CreatureSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property Factory on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/04/2018 - 12:52:12AM] warning: Property ThreadSlots on script sexlabframework attached to SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

That might be the 5th or 6th time I've reinstalled it. Everytime following the troubleshooting guide, step by step.

Just to be sure, I've just reinstalled it, the same way the troubleshooting tells to. (Uninstalling mods, load, wait, save, reinstall, load, install the mods with skyui, wait etc...), always running fnis and loot everytime I touch a SL related mod.

Here's the script of the whole thing.

Again, I don't see what's wrong, I've been following the troubleshooting step by step.

Papyrus.0.log

SexLabDebug.0.log

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Noxquil said:

I too have the same problem, all npcs resist the spell.

I managed to get it working by reloading previous game save file, but still I would like to solve the issue on the latest save file since I've progressed a lot in the game.

4. in game you need to go inside SexLab's Mod Control Menu (MCM) and click on "install" first before you can use SexLab.

5. make sure you have "Allow Creature Animation" checked in SexLab's MCM settings.

6. turn off "Match Creature Gender" in sexlab's MCM settings, if this setting is enabled some animations won't play.

7. did you forget to install the FNIS Creature Pack? install it and rerun the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, then do steps 5 & 8
NOTE: if you do have the Creature Pack but some creatures are just playing idle animations during sex try clicking on "De-Install Creatures" in FNIS, after it's done running click on "Update FNIS Behavior"
(doing this will delete all the creature behavior files generated by FNIS and remake new ones...that is assuming you DO have the FNIS Creature Pack installed)

8. you may need to reload the animations, go to the Animation Loader's MCM and then:
8.1. click on the "Disable All" button.
8.2. click on "Rebuild Animation Registry", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
8.3. click on "Reload JSON".
8.4. click on "Enable All".
8.5. click on "Count Animations" and make sure nothing is over 500, turn off some animations if they are.
8.6. click on "Register Animations", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
*if you like you can press "~" on your keyboard to open the console so you can watch it Register everything, just make sure you close it before you try to click on anything.

• 8 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 2:17 AM, Zalkiam said:

whenever I go to Solstheim and come back to Skyrim

This problem started to happen to me today, right after i went to and came back from Solstheim.

To me, that seems to be reason why sexlab breaks, or whatever is happening.

EDIT: Reloading a save from before going to Solstheim actually fixed the problem

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

FIXED MINE: Anyone running into the modd fizzling issue, just quit the game, uncheck the mod, launch the game, run around and then save, check the mod again, and then try it in game. Worked fine for me.

Edited by jAudi5K