Adding Bounce to Animations

Zeisan

I've been tinkering with blender and nifskope in an effort to find a way to add breast bounce to anims without it. What I've been able to determine I put into this tutorial. I made it with alot of screenshots, and have recently updated it from the post I made on Mailamea's thread. Here's a more complete version, now with 20% more pictures.

Here are the Modern Combat Shooting by Fraper modified anims for bouncy bounce.

Let me know how they work, it might be the body I use but they glitch a little for me.

Credit goes to Fraper for the awesome Pistol anims.

Fraper.7z

Anyway to do this in blender with custom animations and then export the kf? Mucking around with nifskope is tiresome when you're making custom animations. I want a way to be able to do breast manipulations in blender then export the kf and have it ready for the game, this way I have complete control over the breast movements.

Yeah, well those were obviously the first things I tired but for w/e reason the breast dont move ingame. The tutorials make it sound so easy: "Just move the breast bone and etc etc" but no matter how much I rotate, grab or violate the breast bones they just dont seem to have any effect. Im starting to wonder if maybe my game's BBB is borked. Which original animation has BBB? Maybe I can see if my game's BBB is messed up somewhere.

Well if you do find out something new let me know by PM or on my thread:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=10235

Cheers.

There probably is' date=' I haven't found one, though the second link I provided might have something in it. If not I'll see about making one.[/quote']

The tutorial from the second link shows how to add weights to boobs from the ground up, and that's quite a bit more work than I'm willing to put into such a minor addition to gameplay. :blush:

I was hoping for a way to copy already weighted ones from a bouncing body to a non-bouncing body.

There's a tutorial for applying a bouncing body to armors included inside Bouncing Natural Breasts mod, but I haven't been able to figure out how to apply it for body-to-body copying.

That's fairly easy, what you have to do is this.

1. Import non bounce body in blender.

2. Delete skeleton.

3. Select body and import bounce skeleton parented to selected.

4. Select all (press a until everything is highlighted)

5. Export as new.

That should be what you need to get it done. I'll go ahead and make a tutorial for this too.

• 4 weeks later...

That's fairly easy' date=' what you have to do is this.

1. Import non bounce body in blender.

2. Delete skeleton.

3. Select body and import bounce skeleton parented to selected.

4. Select all (press a until everything is highlighted)

5. Export as new.

That should be what you need to get it done. I'll go ahead and make a tutorial for this too.

[/quote']

so ive tried to do this in many different ways, and i realized the basic problem is that once i export from Blender, the nif file isnt readable by the game. for instance:

I import body A to blender, make NO CHANGES, export .nif, name it femaleupperbody, copy to games mesh/char/male folder.

i start the game, take the clothes off, and theres literally nothing. the body is invisible.

perhaps I am forgetting to check something in the settings when importing/exporting?

will attach photos for reference.

importing:(removed)

exporting:(removed)

heres to hoping the links work!(they didnt)

hopefully someone can help me. the link to the tut for adding bounce manually leads to a download that has been "hidden"!

EDIT

i have found my flaw, and would like to share it with everyone. I'm a noob of noobs, and being such, this is a big thing for me.

(if im posting this in the wrong place, i apologize. please refer me to the correct thread, and ill edit as needed)

there were a few things that werent set correctly, and once found, i was able to use my modified, bnb enabled body in-game.

i will use pictures, as they are more clear.

Using nifscope, i ensured the body I wanted to edit had the appropriate breast bones. The body I used came from the bnb package, update 2, "femaleupperbodyHALF" i can link, if requested.

I imported the body with Blender, using default settings, and Sculpted it to my likings. also changed the breast weight slightly, as well as ajusted the nipples so they matched the texture. (bnb body texture)

now for the part where my error occurred.

^^export all of the body, not just partially selected, but as a whole.

^^1.first, press Default settings for game. (make sure you select fo3 as your game!)

2. select everything highlighted in red.

3. press OK

4. open nifscope, or double click file to open it with nifscope.

^^the body will end up at the bottom of the list, as will every other file that "branches"

Ctrl+up to move them.

save from nifscope. Rename the file to femaleupperbody. copy to the proper folder.

(c/programfiles/bethesda/fallout new vegas/data/meshes/characters/_male)(unless you've installed to a custom directory)

This information is provided assuming you have nifscope, blender, and the proper blender extensions installed... as well as general knowledge of using both.

this is also assuming you're pretty much a noob, like me, and are having issues getting your blender files to work.

^_^

Are you importing the proper skeleton and parenting it to the selected body? What body are you trying to put in? Make sure to go into nifskope and check that the bsshaders are correct. That might be why it's not showing up. The import and export look good, which link are you referring to? The one in my OP works for me. Hopefully that helps, I'll check more when I get home.

I found that not having the proper listing order was making it messed up. used nifscope fo fix it.

the link i refer to is the second link in your posting. first one worked fine for me, as well.

at first i was attempting to import a skeleton to a different body, and would have it parent to the mesh, and it was askew in-game. also couldn't get the breasts to have their own "vertext deform group".

but perhaps this was my error all along. ill continue to play with it after some game time.

I'm looking forward to getting dishonored myself, hopefully one of these paychecks.

I might have time next week, I'll be out of town for work and depending on if the hotel in staying in has wifi I might be stuck offline. Which might lead to some modding. Theres only so much you can do in oblivion, fo3, and skyrim.

I'm glad it helps.

Keep up with your studies, and the good work.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow!  Nice work Zeisan!  I'm glad you worked the bugs out and got this working.  I've noticed one problem still though.  For each animation, when your pistol is drawn and you're walking forward, there is a brief graphical glitch at the end of the animation cycle.  I can make a video and post it if that helps.

• 8 months later...

The easiest way would have been to allow collision for breast to have it animate itself like is currently possible with HDT for skyrim. But since new vegas has no hdt, let blender itself generate the breast.

The best way to do this is a bit tediues. first import the skeleton and animation within blender  import all meshes parented to the skeleton select the upperbody use shift D to duplicate move it to another layer.

go to the other layer where the duplicated mesh and start deleting all vertices around the breast and only keep neck part breast in tact rename the breast vertices, to something like vbreast.l and vbreast.r

then go to the first layer where all is located. click on the armature skeleton search for the breast bones hit shift + i and use ik part with no target.

then point that ik to the upperbody of the other breast you duplicated and point the breast.l to vbrreast.l and the same for the other breast.

Click on a window named buttons windows and make sure the duplicated mesh is selected click on F7 or click on object windows so you see soft body and make sure all is alright, you can change some values to make it bounce more. then select the other window named Collision set the total frames to that of the animation, if it 40 set this to 40. then generate the bake.so it will now let blender generate the breast bounce automatic.

check this sample how to make it for fallout:

4164BreastBounce1.7z

This was made for oblivion but can also be used with same principle for new Vegas.

Archived