[mod] [Stellaris] Tsar's Animated Dryad Portraits

This is my first ever Stellaris mod. I spent about two and a half weeks learning to use Maya so I could create a custom mesh and animations for this. I am also only a beginner artist so be gentle with any criticism! >.<

What this mod adds:

-Animated portraits of Dryads.

-3 Phenotypes (for now)

-7 Colour Variants (slight body marking patterns)

-11 Hairstyles

-11 Clothes (or lack thereof!!)

-2 Animations (blink included!!)

-Dryad centric Namelist

-Science and Military Leaders wear a specific outfit.

-Enslaved Pops, Pops on Alien Visitor Center, Paradise Dome and Gene Clinic all wear skimpy clothes... for thematic reasons!

-Pops on Military installations such as Fortress, Military Academy and Shield Generator will wear a Military uniform.

-Pops on the Temple and upgrades will wear a white dress.

-Dryad Leader names mostly derived from mythology and pop culture.

============================================

This mod does not add an actual empire, however, in my mind Dryads should probably be Fanatic Pacifists (to take Agrarian Idyll civic) and Spiritualists!

Thematic traits: Agrarian, Conservationist, Rapid Breeders, Sedentary (cause trees don't like moving) and maybe Deviant!

Thematic civics: Agrarian Idyll and Environmentalist.

Government Type: Imperial (cause "Dryad Queen" sounds a hell of a lot hotter than "Dryad President" @_@)

Plantoid Ships and City background are ideal for them but not required obviously.

============================================

How to Install:

Unzip contents into your mod folder. Usually found in My Documents -> Paradox Interactive -> Stellaris -> mod

Activate in the mod tab of the launcher by ticking the "Tsar's Animated Dryads" mod.

Make an empire and play!

Note:

Please don't repost this mod on steam, I'll do it myself when I make the SFW version of it!

View File

22 hours ago, justaidea said:

will love to see nymphs but maybe they are the same type

I kind of assumed that Nymphs were just a broad term that encompasses several magical beings like Dryads, Naiads, Oreads and such. If you want more humanish looking ones (without planty stuff), then maybe Nessa's Elves would be more fitting. I think there might be spin-off mods that turn them into all female races.

As for my Dryads, I might give one of the phenotypes a more "human" coloured skin in the future but I would like to retain the leafy/planty theme for hair though. ?

Small update to the mod:

-Added in one more Phenotype and it's associated colour pattern variants. (It's not just a re-colour but a whole new face as well!!)

-Added in one more Hair.

-Added in one more Dress.

New content displayed in the screenshot!! ?

New Content.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/15/2018 at 1:52 PM, bicobus said:

Is there a chance for the dryads to appears as a non-sapient or non-spaceage specie?

That's a very interesting idea. I assumed they do that by default already. I will have to look into this!!

======================================================================

UPDATED to 1.0.2

-Added a new BLUE Phenotype and it's associated skin pattern variants.

-Added two new Hair Cuts.

-Added two new Clothes (Latex Jumpsuit and Virgin Killer Sweater).

======================================================================

No eta on further updates but I will try to drop some clothes in from time to time when I feel inspired ?

Current new Content in screenshot bellow!!

Blue Screenshots.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the new Le Guin update of Stellaris clothes all the populations

Also i suspect this mod has not been updated to the latest version. Given the changes implemented it will be some time untill you see mods of this kind of quality appear again.

You could roll back the patch to V.2.1 .. pre Le Guin.  ?‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I updated this mod to 2.6.x for personnal use.

Thought I also share it here.

This is an unofficial update, I didn't ask for permission or anything so I'll take it down if needs be.

I only tested it on one game for now but it seems to work. Although if there's some bug I might not have the technical knowledge to fix it.

Dryad Mod 2.6.x.7z