Video Game Deaths

Lyds

I recommend that this thread have a massive spoiler warning so that nobody accidently finds out that a certain character has died in a game and they haven't reached that part of the game yet. I wasn't personally affected by your post OP, but just to make sure that nobody else's gaming experience is hurt.

Mass Effect 3

Mordin Solus dying in the burning Shroud facility on Tuchanka after fixing the Genophage cure. I actually cried and I am not ashamed to admit it. I tried to talk some sense into him, reminded him about his previous statements but he shouted in my face: “I made a mistake!”

He got his penance and I think he actually died in peace with the world ... I'll still miss that hamster on speed and would have liked to see some results from his tests on those seashells.

Rest in peace, my friend. At least you didn't have to suffer through “the ending.”

Personally I love when my favourite characters die, atleast if it is well written, wheter it is in video games or movies/TV-series.

My "favourite" death was

Yoshimo, the bounty hunter in Baldurs Gate 2. I was so frikkin' mad at his betrayal. I honestly didn't see it coming (Though I was 13 at the time I think, I might have picked up at clues had I played it at an older age, I don't really know).

yoshimo.jpg

This one actually made me shout at my PC when it happened

Episode 3 of The Walking Dead (by Telltale Games) when Katjaa brings her son into the woods (who has been bitten and close to turning) for him to be put down, she goes alone (with her son of course), while you're talking to Kenny (Katjaa's husband) there's a gun shot (this is the part where I cried out "No, no!") you and Kenny run to where it came from, turns out Katjaa had shot herself in the head. After that the son is proped up against a tree and Kenny shoots him in the head so he wouldn't turn. Sad, sad episode...

OK, great thread ..but... its pointless to put your snip into a spoiler box without telling people what game the spoiler is from...... as such:

Dragon Age 1

...when that important guy died in that major battle.....and stuff...

Without telling us what the spoiler is from, we sort have have to open the spoiler box to find out.... defeating the purpose.

That said....

The one scene I still remember is from :

Neverwinter Nights 1

When Fenthick Moss, the lover to Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, gets hung by Neverwinter for treason which results in Lady Aribeth going off the deep end.

Archived