Dirty up those slaves (Maybe my first mod?)

cynter

I really don't like that all the slaves added by Hydrogorgon's Slavegirls and Sex Slaves for Bandit Camps and Slaverun are so....pristine.

What I think I need is a mod that detects slaves and throws a few random "abuse" and "dirt" Slavetats on them.

I have never built a mod before but I might try to throw something lightweight together to do this, but I have some questions for experienced modders first.

Question one: Does this mod already exist and I just haven't found it?

Question Two: Where do I start? What I mean is: does this have to be done through a Papyrus script? I have gleaned from lurking that Papyrus is a bit of nightmare to work with and more than a little unstable...should this be done through a "cloak spell"? Ideally, the proposed mod would apply the tats before the character model is first seen. Can that be done with a cloak?  Is there a third option (other than script and cloak) that don't know enough about Skyrim modding to ask about?

Question Three: Am I asking too much of Slavetats (or of Skyrim's save system)? Depending on how one's game is modded, this could end up putting between two and three tats on each of dozens or hundreds of characters during a play-though. Would that cause absurd save bloat? Would that brake Slavetats?

Question 4: Am I asking too much of the engine? I know the Apropos' wear and tear feature has a tendency to cause a second or so of "hang" in my game when in throws abuse tats on a character. Does anyone know if that has more to do with Apropos or more to do with Slavetats? That second or so of hang could be devastating if it was applying tats to a dozen slaves in every new cell.

Question 5: As originally conceived (in my head) I wanted this to apply a random Apropos wear and tear state, and then a dirt tat. I backed away from that idea out of a KISS mentality (as this would be my first mod ever.) Am I aiming too low? Apropos, though a great mod, as always seemed a little fragile to me. Is it more robust then a think? Could it handle this?

Question 6: Is there an established trick to quickly identifying all slave characters from any mod? I assume there is no universal "slave" faction that everyone has conscientiously applied. Is it just as simple as checking for DD apparel and ZaZ furniture? Is there some other trick?

Question 7: If I get this mod off the ground, I might want to add an MCM menu so players could personalize the effect a little (maybe you want abuse but no dirt. Maybe you want to mark up all naked characters or all characters regardless of gender. Maybe you want a minimum, or a maximum level of dirt/abuse.) While I have no intention of trying to add that in the first pass at the mod, is there anything I should be especially aware of while building the mod so I won't have to completely rebuild it later to integrate MCM menu functionality?

Thanks for you time and any help or advice is welcome.

Archived