I imagine most mer to be cleaner and more trimmed then men, as well as less muscular as they are not commonly seen as brutish warriors... Then I saw a modder make a mod that gives orcs their own separate textures. My request is to do similar, but for the other mer races (Altmer, Bosmer, Dunmer)

If somebody could do this, I'd be grateful.

I haven't installed it myself but the mod on nexus "Different strokes for different folks" by AlpineYJ might be what you are looking for. I'm not sure if i can post links yet but this should be it www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/ 78824/? .....just remove the space between the slash and the 7. Hope this helps you out.

I haven't installed it myself but the mod on nexus "Different strokes for different folks" by AlpineYJ might be what you are looking for. I'm not sure if i can post links yet but this should be it www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/ 78824/? .....just remove the space between the slash and the 7. Hope this helps you out.

I like that, and am DL'ing it now, but I meant male bodies... I probably should have been specific. :P

Ah i see well i read a comment about this mod www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/ 75014/? that said it works for male characters as well.... but reading some of the comments you might have to edit some things in tes5edit or the Creation Kit to get it to work properly with things like remodeled armors and clothes. In the optional files is a file "UBBR Unique textures" you would want that, the main file and the updated version of of the texture esp.

I suppose that SAM has the closest one you're looking for, for the diversified body shape/ textures by race and occupations. 

BTW, It is in principle possible to edit SoS  (both Full and Light) to enable each race to assign individual mesh/ texture set,

although there is no such a mod at the moment AFAIK and I'm not sure whether the increase of VRAM usage counterbalances the merits. 

Just for sure (For I will perhaps try to tweak by myself, in near future): 

- SoS Full or Light?

- Is it OK to differentiate tripatriate: elven (altmer/ bosmer/ dummer) / other human races and orc (normal) / beast races?

Here we are: 

++
With this .esp file, male Altmer (High Elf)/ male Bosmer (Wood Elf) / dunmer (Dark Elf) will use different body/ hand textures (diffuse/ normal map) than other races.  

How to Install:
1. Install the ordinary SoS - Full at first.
2. Overwrite the original .esp (Schlongs of Skyrim.esp) with this modified .esp.
3. Put your favorite 'smooth' textures of body/ hands diffuse/ normal maps, namely:  
- malebody_1.dds
- malebody_1_msn.dds
- malehands_1.dds
- malehands_1_msn.dds
in the new sub-folder, called 'elf', located in the following path: textures\actors\character\male(\elf)

No texture comes with this pack itself, so you have to find and install the required textures by yourself.
Without the textures installed additionaly, elves in the game will not be shown up correctly.

At the moment, all the race share the same mesh, but it can also differentiate (in exchange of memory/ VRAM use).

+++

The editing itself was quite easy, but I forgot to mention one thing. 

It is impossible to assign the different textures by race to the genital and the skin around. 

So, if you use the skin completely hair-less pubes for elves and its matching texture for the genital,

the remaining humans/ orcs will have a noticeable visual glitch in their crotch area (hairy body/ base genital).

And vice versa.

So, I assume that this concept rather fit well with SoS - Light

(that completely replace the body texture, including the genital)......

testing now

Edit: It works... but is it possible to add head textures? The male textures I use don't match. Thanks in advance.  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Hereby I updated to v 0.2, now includes with schlong texture swapping by race: 

Actually I found it quite easy, too.

SoS - Full - Race Specific - Test v_0_2.7z

+++

Put your favorite 'smooth' texture of the genital,

- malegenitals_1.dds

in the following path respectively:

- textures\actors\character\SoS\Smurf Average\Elf

- textures\actors\character\SoS\VectorPlexus Regular\Elf

* VectorPlexus Muscular use Regular's diffuse, so you don't have to install the texture for Muscular add-on separately.

+++

As for face texture, it is not possible, but not sure whether it can be achieved without any edit of race record. 

For the time being (today), only body/ head/ genital. 

[Added] Unfortunately, I have just confirmed that it would be not possible to implement the diversification of (male) face textures by race without not so simple editing (as I afraid)......

Hello,

I re-named the package and posted them to the download page in case I forget the exact url of this request thread.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4209-mesadfo-male-elven-skins-are-different-from-others-for-sos-full-sos-light/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/79944-mesadfo-male-elven-skins-are-different-from-others-for-sos-full-sos-light/

If you encounter any bug or have any inquiry, please contact me with the support thread of the link above.

Thank you again for your idea!

Archived