(remarks) slave life lore...

Hi

Ok, we have plenty of slavery mods, but I think there is a problem : they are not integrated into skyrim !

I explain :

In morrowind, we can see slaves working in farms, sleeping in cabans, or serving as waitress or nude dancers (Desele's club).

There are also slavers, with caves where they stock their "merchandise". No markets also (except the simple slavery one, but, idealy, markets should be placed in cities, or in caves (illegal ones)).

Also, where are the abolitionnists ? The slavers caravans ?

Also, in morrowind, some cities totlerate slavery, others forbid it...

There's is nothing like this in Skyrim and LL...

Well, I basically roleplay it as the Stormcloaks enslaving Mer and Argonian Races and slavery being allowed for Imperials as well. Basically made a sheet and used a D100 to create the world my current char lives in. That way it is made a bit more grimdark, without being too rapey. In Raven Rock I just said that Slavery is forbidden, but not persecuted, while Riften and Markarth (Temple of Dibella anyone?) have extremely lax attitudes towards prostitution, voluntary or otherwise. Solitude and Whiterun are really the only "good" places for women. Stormcloak territories also have (depending on the d100) a fairly strong anti-magic stance.

I guess you kinda have to look at the lore and then just kinda think how it would be in a real-world situation with extreme ethnic tension, civil war, and misogynistic views that our society has (for the most part) left well in the darker regions of its history.

Edit: But then again, we have wonderful modders like you, who create additional facets to the world of Skyrim, so that we get quite a bit more immersion. Of all the games for the general market, The Witcher series is probably the only one that is (in an un-modded state) a fair reflection of how shit people can be to each other and with a very strong grey-grey morality.

I think you will say I'm mad, but I think Skyrim itself doesn't lore very well with slavery.

A solution could be making a dlc, with a huge small world, and we'll put inside all the stuff we want (and this dlc should be compatible with other LL famous mods, like captured dreams).

So, skyrim engine, but a witcher ambiance like stuff...

Yes, hydragorgons Slave girls do almost all you wished for, including some great dialogues. I think i've spend a day or something traveling to all towns and just talking to the slaves & slavers, i had so much fun (and even met some few later, some are traveling through the regions). Compatible with pretty much everything, several mods recommend it as an addition. If you think you could need a break from modding, play that mod with Slaverun reloaded for example, might be an inspiration. :)

It's not in a small world like you suggested, but imho... they fit there very well. :)

a few notes

as mentioned by Sarge Misfit and Nazzzgul666 the Slavegirls by Hydragorgon 826 do add a lot of slaves doing normal everyday things and does fit well with a lot of other mods.

Slaverun Reloaded has 2 basic questlines (you are a slave or you are working for the slavers), but they have much depth and variations and it does in fact

have a abolitionist questline also (that questline is a bit into the mod but it is there).  it also has a market (sorta) and people that are slaves in it do a lot of regular

stuff also.

PAHE is basically for the pc enslaving others, but it does have a market, and training features as well (and more I am sure I have forgotten).  with additional mods there is much

more variation available (more markets, slaves doing everyday stuff, selling slaves to other npcs, more training options, slaves training slaves options, slaves guarding slaves {or

other stuff} options).  of course player discretion is needed when using all the features (and additional mods) to not break the base game totally (don't enslave and sell a quest giver

until you are done with those quests).

just my 2 cents worth

In the case of slave life lore, they could also integrate actual Viking history like Bethesda did with the draugr (actual Viking lore). In this case with slavery, the Vikings enslaved monks for their reading and writing capabilities (that is where we get the history of the Vikings from). They also needed women and workers due to shortages and this motivated them when it came to raids. And since Skyrim is pretty much about the Vikings why not include more about their history.

If I'm not mistaken (and I'm 99% sure I'm not) the actual lore states slavery is illegal in Skyrim/most of Tamriel. Now, judging by the fact that no-one mentions this in their mods there is an accepted suspension of disbelief. Someone else pointed out that Hydragorgon's Slavegirls helps that by filling in the blanks you mentioned and adding slaves basically everywhere making it seem like slavery is a thing that happens and is accepted so there's that. Additionally, Slaverun Reloaded also does aspectacular job of bringing slavery in a mostly believable way to Skyrim, with a questline for whichever role you want to play/the ability to just let it play out autonomously while you continue adventuring.

Edit: Valcon made all these points a few posts ago too, my B.