Horizon Zero Dawn Reviews?

KoolHndLuke

Looks can be deceiving. If it comes out in Early Access first, wait awhile before purchasing, no matter the reviews. P.A.M.E.L.A. was an interest of mine, but the shoddy implementation, bugs, and perma-death features just took it off my rather short list.

As a "PC-only" gamer, I'd say it's a solid PS game for people who like open-world games. There's nothing revolutionary in it, but it uses the current technology pretty well on PS4. It has some issues with sound though. Good open-world design, interesting story, decent combat, decent music, overall it's a decent game to have on a PS4. Much better than the shit like Uncharted IMO. Let me just say that if I had a PS4, this would be a game I'd definitely want to have. It'll probably get an award or two this year and bet it already has its own fanbase.

They seem to have borrowed many ideas and looks from Skyrim, Far Cry,  and Witcher. Not much in the way of innovation from what I've seen so far. World looks typical and not very alluring. Did not see a single place that impressed. Textures on some things look very simple. Just another open world explorer without much story elements (save this person, shoot 10 beasts, retrieve x, ext.) from first glance. Characters look and sound uninspired. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Archived