I'm a mod Author and need to know about the State of Bounce/HDT in SSE

Gameplayer

if nothing has changed yet we still don't have skse64 for sse right? Without the skse, HDT will not work because it's an skse plugin.

I am still waiting for skse, nioverride, skyui and hdt to release for SSE until that I will not even think about porting anything  :lol:

I see, I know how to do rigging and had thought to do a TBBP version or BBP version.

But since those use keyframed animations and the selection over at Nexus is quite lacking....Tried out a port of Dragonfly with XPMSSE skeleton just now.

No dice.

So it would seem that riggin to TBBP or BBP is just a huge time sink for no gain.

I see, I know how to do rigging and had thought to do a TBBP version or BBP version.

But since those use keyframed animations and the selection over at Nexus is quite lacking....Tried out a port of Dragonfly with XPMSSE skeleton just now.

No dice.

So it would seem that riggin to TBBP or BBP is just a huge time sink for no gain.

Those are HKX build in animation and for animation to work we need FNIS.

I would be perfectly fine with keyframed bouncy animations for now. But after playing around with many many different mod configurations i just can't get things to work. Everytime i enable FNIS mod the character takes a T-pose when idle or running. For some reason jump animation usually works. XPMS's SE version skeleton is a must for now, game simply crashed now if i try without. I have tried with CHSBHC installed lowest in loading order so its animations are in, but it also seems that FNIS might not be working right with the Mod Organizer 2 when i do update for players. But it didn't work with NMM either so, some files in the mods must be incompatible.

But we don't seem to be only ones, there's 0 mods in nexus for Skyrim SE that adds bouncy animations.

Alright so, these bounce animations are just not available then and when I'm reading SSE pages they are basically not editing out the descriptions.

That was a bit confusing, and I was thinking how in the world do their outfits have bounce and not mine.

But they never fixed their mod description is what it is.

Heya @Gameplayer

Long time no read :)

As long as XPMSSE doesn't suport HDT due lack of skse64, there sadly won't be any HDT for SSE. The skse team mentions on their site that they "estimate a mid-March time frame for a beta release of SKSE64".

Cheers

Ahh, good to know was worried that I was putting up a module with just static options and everyone else's mod was like Bounce and Jigglies.

Just use xp32s animations pack and xpmse and finis, they are tbbp enabled. I have almost as good a jiggle and bounce in SSE as I did in oldrim. I had to convert the animations to SSE versions using the tool.

Well, then from my experience with the available TBBP bounce animation coupled with Richterhk's conversion of RMA-Sevenbase...

Im more likely to believe Richter converted his mod over correctly, I mean heck I opened up his meshes poked around and the old TBBP weight paints and nodes were present so...

So the available TBBP animations I downloaded were not working.  It also didn't appear that there were working BBP/TBBP animations on Nexus for download. 

I just feel like your statement that you ended up converting them on your own is more conformation that its not available to the general public at large.

I am just thinking about the work and effort it has been to maintain 3 proper working  versions of The Book of UUNP.

A forth version with the TBBP weight is going to get fugly, already used up to much time so far with the SSE conversion since the turn of the year.

Just use xp32s animations pack and xpmse and finis, they are tbbp enabled. I have almost as good a jiggle and bounce in SSE as I did in oldrim. I had to convert the animations to SSE versions using the tool.

What tool? Consider making a guide as a mod in Nexus, because this is the key part that nobody else in the world seems to know how to do, me included.

Well, then from my experience with the available TBBP bounce animation coupled with Richterhk's conversion of RMA-Sevenbase...

Im more likely to believe Richter converted his mod over correctly, I mean heck I opened up his meshes poked around and the old TBBP weight paints and nodes were present so...

So the available TBBP animations I downloaded were not working.  It also didn't appear that there were working BBP/TBBP animations on Nexus for download. 

I just feel like your statement that you ended up converting them on your own is more conformation that its not available to the general public at large.

I am just thinking about the work and effort it has been to maintain 3 proper working  versions of The Book of UUNP.

A forth version with the TBBP weight is going to get fugly, already used up to much time so far with the SSE conversion since the turn of the year.

I use Dream Girl body tbbp, just plain bone weighting, nothing fancy. The xp32 animation pack contains tbbp animations, using Bethesda's own tool, and a bat script I DL from LL, I converted all my animations from oldrim, copied them to a zip, installed them in SSE using nmm, installed xpmse skeleton, then ran finis.

Of course the old TBBP animations weren't close to hdt, and there's only bounce while walking, running and animations that have them, but they work perfectly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970/?

Try this, it's basically what I did, and learn to google.

I use Dream Girl body tbbp, just plain bone weighting, nothing fancy. The xp32 animation pack contains tbbp animations, using Bethesda's own tool, and a bat script I DL from LL, I converted all my animations from oldrim, copied them to a zip, installed them in SSE using nmm, installed xpmse skeleton, then ran finis.

Of course the old TBBP animations weren't close to hdt, and there's only bounce while walking, running and animations that have them, but they work perfectly.

Oh and one more thing, I extracted your Book of UUNP, ran the meshes through nif optimizer, zipped it up and it runs flawlessly in SSE. I've been using it since version 1.26 I believe. Even the bodyslide files work perfectly, all you have to do is copy all the non-included bits from Oldrim bodyslide into the SSE version and run nif optimizer. Wrye bash even merges the list files so they get distributed. I've done the same with the LEgendary armors and your UUNP conversions as well as Immersive armors. I use all three sets along with my minidresses and spice gear tbbp conversions.

Oh and one more thing, I extracted your Book of UUNP, ran the meshes through nif optimizer, zipped it up and it runs flawlessly in SSE. I've been using it since version 1.26 I believe. Even the bodyslide files work perfectly, all you have to do is copy all the non-included bits from Oldrim bodyslide into the SSE version and run nif optimizer. Wrye bash even merges the list files so they get distributed. I've done the same with the LEgendary armors and your UUNP conversions as well as Immersive armors. I use all three sets along with my minidresses and spice gear tbbp conversions.

That really doesn't solve the problem that I needed addressed in this thread, although its nice to know about how it is possible to put TBBP into Skyrim Specail Edition.

The issue is that if I spend my time on TBBP rigging that is time that I will lose that I could have used for something else.

Here, its like this

There are no available TBBP animations for download for SSE users.  Of course there are going to be people that understand how to port over TBBP animations from Skyrim Legendary.

But lets face it the masses don't know how to do that and they are not going to be widely interested or appreciative of a post explaining how to do it for themselves.

As it stands they are not really appreciative of the work I have done in The Book of UUNP.   For whatever reason they have they simply do not understand the amount of time that was invested into the production of that work, there are even people that have a hint into the process of that work in that they have some of the skill sets themselves that grossly underestimate the work load that it represents.

To them the obvious reply is, if it was so easy why didn't they do it first?

Anyway, my point is that since there are no easy means for the masses to add TBBP to their game.

Since all available animations for TBBP are locked up under perms.

Since I don't feel like rigging the Vanilla Game Animations

Since I don't feel like rigging The Book of UUNP

Since downloaders in these times don't feel like I did much work

There is no point in adding TBBP rigging to The Book of UUNP SSE at this time.

This isn't a simple snap of the fingers process, it is going to eat hours/days and in the end some dude out there that don't know jack about the process, comes into the mod and lays out aweful comments.  Sure nah not going to do all the work.

All for a version of the game that I don't play and has very limited options at this time.

Downloaders are going to praise the shit out of "safe for workplace" type mods all the time though.

They will praise the crap out of sex mods,

But come to a mod like Book of UUNP nope, they don't know what that thing took.

I got better things to do with my time as it is.

Gotta Study up on the Action Potential process for the heart and have everything down pat for my next Exam.

That really doesn't solve the problem that I needed addressed in this thread, although its nice to know about how it is possible to put TBBP into Skyrim Specail Edition.

The issue is that if I spend my time on TBBP rigging that is time that I will lose that I could have used for something else.

Here, its like this

There are no available TBBP animations for download for SSE users.  Of course there are going to be people that understand how to port over TBBP animations from Skyrim Legendary.

But lets face it the masses don't know how to do that and they are not going to be widely interested or appreciative of a post explaining how to do it for themselves.

As it stands they are not really appreciative of the work I have done in The Book of UUNP.   For whatever reason they have they simply do not understand the amount of time that was invested into the production of that work, there are even people that have a hint into the process of that work in that they have some of the skill sets themselves that grossly underestimate the work load that it represents.

To them the obvious reply is, if it was so easy why didn't they do it first?

Anyway, my point is that since there are no easy means for the masses to add TBBP to their game.

Since all available animations for TBBP are locked up under perms.

Since I don't feel like rigging the Vanilla Game Animations

Since I don't feel like rigging The Book of UUNP

Since downloaders in these times don't feel like I did much work

There is no point in adding TBBP rigging to The Book of UUNP SSE at this time.

This isn't a simple snap of the fingers process, it is going to eat hours/days and in the end some dude out there that don't know jack about the process, comes into the mod and lays out aweful comments.  Sure nah not going to do all the work.

All for a version of the game that I don't play and has very limited options at this time.

Downloaders are going to praise the shit out of "safe for workplace" type mods all the time though.

They will praise the crap out of sex mods,

But come to a mod like Book of UUNP nope, they don't know what that thing took.

I got better things to do with my time as it is.

Gotta Study up on the Action Potential process for the heart and have everything down pat for my next Exam.

I agree 100%, just wanted to show that it could be done. :)

• 3 weeks later...

As for the lack of havok documentation and availability there is always the alternative of SMP from oldrim that (IMO worked better and more reliably) than HDT-PE, And it is based on the bullet physics engine. Although it will still need to converted to run with SKSE64.

SMP is/was really superior also due to the "3dshapes are actual collision objects" thing. I haven't checked recently if Hydrogen is still actively working on it, though. But I'm pretty sure, her code would have to be modified/adapted for SSE.

Archived