Lunette Companion Mod

Brun

It's entirely possible to edit the files to circumvent the safeguards the author put in place. That being said, I don't see the need to publicly bring this to everyone's attention, especially if it's against the author's wishes. Do it yourself and keep it to yourself, as I have no doubt numerous others have done. Like you said, it was only 2 min of work.

And to be clear, once your work is out on the internet (that is, your model/texture files) it is virtually impossible to prevent anyone making it compatible with Sexout, regardless of what some may say.

it is virtually impossible to prevent anyone making it compatible with Sexout, regardless of what some may say

Lunette author is very serious scripter. He cannot make it totally impossible, yes, but he could make it veeery difficult. ;)

And to be clear, once your work is out on the internet (that is, your model/texture files) it is virtually impossible to prevent anyone making it compatible with Sexout, regardless of what some may say.

It's possible if you care too much about it. Even if player changes name of "Sexout.esm" to something else (making all sexout-depended mods incompatible in process) I can still track NX variables.  One'll have to change Sexout itself.

It's possible if you care too much about it. Even if player changes name of "Sexout.esm" to something else (making all sexout-depended mods incompatible in process) I can still track NX variables.  One'll have to change Sexout itself.

If all you care is about the model/character, all that would require is for someone to take the model/texture of Lunette, then put her in an empty mod. What I'm saying is there's no way for the "likeness" of Lunette to be protected once she's out. 

As for tracking NX variables, it would still require a script, and all scripts can be edited/removed. It would probably be beyond my technical skill, but I wouldn't put it past more serious scripters if they really wanted to. I just don't see the point of going through all that work, which is why I suspect you didn't implement it in the first place.

If all you care is about the model/character, all that would require is for someone to take the model/texture of Lunette, then put her in an empty mod. What I'm saying is there's no way for the "likeness" of Lunette to be protected once she's out.

It won't be Lunette then.

As for tracking NX variables, it would still require a script, and all scripts can be edited/removed

What if without the same script mod will not work and you don't have the source. Prideslayer once told me that scripts could be uncompiled but I haven't witnessed anyone do that.

It won't be Lunette then.

No, but some people might just care for the likeness, and for them it would be enough.

What if without the same script mod will not work and you don't have the source. Prideslayer once told me that scripts could be uncompiled but I haven't witnessed anyone do that.

You know what they say, where there's a will, there's a way.  ;)

It's entirely possible to edit the files to circumvent the safeguards the author put in place. That being said, I don't see the need to publicly bring this to everyone's attention, especially if it's against the author's wishes. Do it yourself and keep it to yourself, as I have no doubt numerous others have done. Like you said, it was only 2 min of work.

well it was weird that someone who made so many scripts diden't realise it would be that easy to moddify them and no i diden't just past textures ,spawning a copy of the companion would be easier in that case ,i think that as long as people aren't stealing your work or taking credit for it ,redistributing it ,they are free to do what they want with files in their pc .

No, but some people might just care for the likeness, and for them it would be enough.

For some.. Using Sexout on a copy is different. I think it doesn't give people as much a satisfaction as they would get using Sexout on original companion (who you can interact with).

You know what they say, where there's a will, there's a way.  ;)

Well if some of decent scripters I know are willing to participate I can try and make anti-sexout generic companion who would not be compatible with Sexout. (make some kind of LL's Pwn2Own).

And now a haiku:

I once made weird sh*t with scripts, then I looked at it, I said to myself, what-the-fuck dude!?, why you make dis shitz?
So deleted and gone, just to prove one, and left it the way it was.

In short, some characters are just close enough to real people that doing purposefully 'mean' things to them is uncomfortable even in a game. An I'm a soldier so I know about uncomfortable.... but... if you want to do it for your game then go ahead and toss morality aside for the winds of play! /don't get offen-DOD thanks.

Archived