A new idea to go along with an alternate start or sexlab.... (totally sfw inside)

xenic

So I was reading the post here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/61325-speaking-of-role-play/

and it got me thinking. We have that huge standing army, power armor, and artillery mentioned above but are still treating like shit and it does kind of break the rp. They call us the general....but what if we weren't. What if there was someone over us, pulling the strings. Call it what you will, an owner, master, boss, whatever. What if they had something on us so damning, or held someone hostage that was so important to us that we would do anything they wanted. 

We would have to give them reports on how well we were building up the Minutemen and settlements. They would treat us like garbage and we'd just have to take it.

I'm thinking of an NPC in a special settlement. But what could be so important that we would basically become a slave to this horrible person?

I'll try to come up with a few ideas. I don't know if I understood your questions that well, so each scenario might be a little out of place.

Here, someone is pulling the strings from the shadows:

- He (pretends to) know where Shaun is. It could be enough for some characters. Eventually, we would have to kill him once the truth is known.

- He (pretends to) be our late husband/wife. He is a gen-3 synth. At first, he/she sounds sane. Plus the character never encountered synths, so would end up believing him/her. Becoming a slave would be a slow process : love turning slowly into duty, itself morphing into enslavement. Eventually, we would have to kill him once the truth is known.

- Mama Murphy possesses the Sight. It works. Some characters could enslave themselves to have an overview of their future.

Here, everyone knows something about the character, permitting its bad treatment:

- The character is a synth. Its reset code is known. He has to obey to live.

- The character does not benefit from 200 years of adaptation to radiations. We could take some constant radiation damages, or be over-sensitive to it. The constant need of a cure could make us dependant, thus slave.

- The character is addicted to adrenaline/action. People use him as a weapon to go kill raiders/save hostages/etc. Disobeying/killing them would aimless.

I'll try to come up with more ideas if you want !

If I was thinking about having someone with a negative hold over the character and explaining the power I might go with something like;

• Soon after exiting Vault 111 you're approached by a Ghoul who reveals that you knew each other before the war (groundwork is set with Eddie Winter & Vault-Tec rep, possibly even undergoing the same experiment as Winter) and they're someone who had a hold over you before badly enough to make you terrified of them (this would vary, from knowing a horrible secret to prior abuse). The Ghoul has became a Child of Atom, although twisted the beliefs with his own maliciousness, and pushes you to kill for his satisfaction and garner military power to bring about a grand celebration of Atom by returning everyone to the Glow (blowing them up).

• You're a spy and the default beginning is essentially the lie you tell to establish your cover. You're really from a different Vault (giving you the knowledge required to construct a believable/accurate cover) and your general goal is to amass influence to be used by the Elder/leadership of your true Vault, or even start a war to weaken the remaining factions. The original purpose of the Vault was to study methods for treating people who had been indoctrinated/brainwashed by the Red Army but soon after the door closed practices became unethical and the staff proceeded to adjust the pre-treatment brainwashing for their own purpose, as well as studying new ways of controlling people such as explosive collars, drug addiction & neural disruption implants (remotely triggered electroconvulsive therapy). Over time the powers that be became discontented and felt they were deserving of more 'loyal subjects' which lead to you being assigned your mission, along with others (could add in NPC's to gather reports from/report to etc), to make Boston susceptible to the Vaults wishes.

As with the Ghoul idea certain elements of the Vault like sexual nature, torture & master/slave-society would depend on how dark the Sexlab/alt-start story is. Won't go in to details due to the SFW tag but for something Sexlab-esque you could have the Vault be similar to Caesar's Legion with the Elder as the figurehead and split the vault into masters and slaves including all the debauchery that brings, for the Ghoul you can pretty much go as dark as you want with prior abuse or even go the odd route and have them be Stockholm syndrome based lovers reunited.

one idea i have is, while char is in vault after Shaun is kidnap, an unknown person come in and place collar around your neck or this happen before the kidnap and  implant a chip into the char that allow them to control the char issue orders slow brainwash/ and turn into char into they mindless slave.

one idea i have is, while char is in vault after Shaun is kidnap, an unknown person come in and place collar around your neck or this happen before the kidnap and  implant a chip into the char that allow them to control the char issue orders slow brainwash/ and turn into char into they mindless slave.

If I was thinking about having someone with a negative hold over the character and explaining the power I might go with something like;

• Soon after exiting Vault 111 you're approached by a Ghoul who reveals that you knew each other before the war (groundwork is set with Eddie Winter & Vault-Tec rep, possibly even undergoing the same experiment as Winter) and they're someone who had a hold over you before badly enough to make you terrified of them (this would vary, from knowing a horrible secret to prior abuse). The Ghoul has became a Child of Atom, although twisted the beliefs with his own maliciousness, and pushes you to kill for his satisfaction and garner military power to bring about a grand celebration of Atom by returning everyone to the Glow (blowing them up).

Here, everyone knows something about the character, permitting its bad treatment:

These could work really well. 

Bimbochoas' idea about the collar would work but playing as a mindless slave would get a bit old. But you could still be enslaved due to a collar and pain chip.

Irom's idea of the player being a synth could work well. Lots of blackmail potential to be had in that one. The master could tell anyone that you're a synth and you'd be on the run from the whole commonwealth. Hell, just the idea of someone being a synth is enough to make some kill.

Modmana's idea is good to. It would give us an awesomely dark Children of Atom storyline too.

Combining both Bimbochoas' and Modmana's ideas would also be interesting. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to come up with a few ideas. I don't know if I understood your questions that well, so each scenario might be a little out of place.

Here, someone is pulling the strings from the shadows:

- He (pretends to) know where Shaun is. It could be enough for some characters. Eventually, we would have to kill him once the truth is known.

- He (pretends to) be our late husband/wife. He is a gen-3 synth. At first, he/she sounds sane. Plus the character never encountered synths, so would end up believing him/her. Becoming a slave would be a slow process : love turning slowly into duty, itself morphing into enslavement. Eventually, we would have to kill him once the truth is known.

- Mama Murphy possesses the Sight. It works. Some characters could enslave themselves to have an overview of their future.

- The character does not benefit from 200 years of adaptation to radiations. We could take some constant radiation damages, or be over-sensitive to it. The constant need of a cure could make us dependant, thus slave.

- The character is addicted to adrenaline/action. People use him as a weapon to go kill raiders/save hostages/etc. Disobeying/killing them would aimless.

For that last part... isn't being used for killing raiders/saving hostages/ect. what we already do with the Minutemen and all the other factions? :I

Archived