Adventures of Tara - Elven Schoolgirl Adult RPG *Free Release* v0.86.D19

reepyr

Really enjoyed the second version of the demo. Noticed one classroom scene where the portrait for Sinius  was not updated. Other than that it was pretty much perfect. Great Job!

I missed one? Damnit! :blush:  I'll have to see if I can find it. Do you remember if it was day 1 or 2 by chance?

And for merder

The detention scene doesn't have much more than Tara being upset about having it but since she won't have to be in detention until the weekend she doesn't think too much about it (maybe I'll have her internal dialogue clarify that she will have to be in detention during the weekend while all the other students get to go to town for enjoyment).

I definitely wanted the first time the curse timer triggered to be an easy introduction to the concept that she will have to find a safe place anytime the curse activates. Plus, the more often it gets triggered, the less time she will have on the timer.

As far as the outfit, I figured since you would have to choose one route or the other at this point I could have them both use the same one. If it ended up that I was going to run both routes simultaneously I would probably have made them different...

Really enjoyed the second version of the demo. Noticed one classroom scene where the portrait for Sinius  was not updated. Other than that it was pretty much perfect. Great Job!

I missed one? Damnit! :blush:  I'll have to see if I can find it. Do you remember if it was day 1 or 2 by chance?

And for merder

The detention scene doesn't have much more than Tara being upset about having it but since she won't have to be in detention until the weekend she doesn't think too much about it (maybe I'll have her internal dialogue clarify that she will have to be in detention during the weekend while all the other students get to go to town for enjoyment).

I definitely wanted the first time the curse timer triggered to be an easy introduction to the concept that she will have to find a safe place anytime the curse activates. Plus, the more often it gets triggered, the less time she will have on the timer.

As far as the outfit, I figured since you would have to choose one route or the other at this point I could have them both use the same one. If it ended up that I was going to run both routes simultaneously I would probably have made them different...

I think it is the summoning class on day one. He says something about summoning/dominating a goblin.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update...

I've updated the OP with the changelog for v0.1. It's in beta testing phase right now but it seems to be working pretty well so I plan on releasing it to the appropriate reward tier patrons tomorrow.

Once all the different level patrons have gotten access to it, then I will release it here publicly.

Short Review (read: Opinion regarding certain aspects and not containing a short summary of the plot which would be normal for a real review, but I like the word so I kept it.)

Patronage status: Freeloader

Version reviewed: Extended Demo (Release: 29.1.2016)

Playthroughs: 2

Attention:

1. English isn't my first language, so bear with me. 2. I may and may not have found everything you can do in this game to date. If there is something that eluded me, I might end up stating something that is simply not true or unjust. If this is the case, please do remark. 3. This review only covers what content is available in this particular version of the game. Thus my opinions and observations might alter in possible future reviews. 4. I mean no offense or harm to anyone by writing this. If you feel I have crossed a line or similar it was very likely not my intention and I apologise here for the caused inconveniences in advance (I will probably repeat the apology after the respective post).

Start of the corpus. You may start reading here.

Overall:

Promising. One can see where you're heading with most of the paths and the second day classes provide a nice sneak peek. Some things are rather cliché (the malevolent powerful student rival, the perverted males, I am looking at you headmaster, the arousal curse, there simply was no other form of punishement I guess), but hey, since this game is probably far from completion, there is lots of room for possibilities to make these tropes a bit more interesting (and even then interested players will be to able overlook this presumably and it could or would still be a good game). What matters is the way you sell them, using tropes is in itself likely unproblematic. I can not say more right now.

Tara:

Her model looks good (no, seriously, really good).
Her initial clothing style might be a bit too daring (considering she thinks the outfit she is given in the Bernal-route is more revealing than what she usually wears and there seems to be no huge difference in my eyes, but I may just be insensitive in regards to that kind of thing).
Her personality is a bit too extreme. You can most likely tone it down and still get the point across.
Her lack of knowledge or inexperience pertaining to the male and female parts as well as cohabitation etc. (see the morning scene day 2) is a bit confusing, given that she is at a school likely filled with pubertal and post-pubertal students. Especially if she has already been a junior at a school it is simply highly unlikely that she would have gone through that time without any conversations about this topic (or at least overhearing one). And the way she looks would surely have invited the bolder ones to comment on that in public very well audibly.
She and Sinius seem too powerful to me, given they are just senior students, to control an ogre appears to be quite a feat and it makes her lack of knowledge concerning curses a bit odd, but this might just be a form of personal dislike regarding protagonists that are powerful right from the start.

Also, an explanation for why she has that statue in her room and why it has a name would be helpful.

Classes:

Quite nice, reminds me of a certain wizard boys classes from a certain book series carrying said wizards name, they at least have this kind of wizard school feeling to them (as much as they can with the content available). The other students lines are alsoquite helpful to provide this kind of atmosphere, since it makes the class seem more lively (and not just a bunch of pixels that are there to make the class room look less empty). I do recommend keeping those in and expanding on that adequately (at your measure and leisure).
A point of critique though relating to the difference between the summoning and animation classes:
Tara ends up controlled in both times, but the difference between the kind of control is not directly explained or stressed enough for me to be clearly visible. If one is supposed to be domination and control (summoning class), is the other supposed to be control too but more like a puppet and its master (animation class)? Because in that case I think you are abandoning a lot of potential for major differences in these courses since those are still eerily similar concepts. The description in the dance scene (animation class) makes it seem a bit like possession. If that is the case, please do make it more obvious by letting the participants say something with the respective others mouth etc. (or have thought bubbles for both expressing there feel of the other persons body). There are many more possibilities to shape and mold the classes into something that feels more special, but the possession interpretation was the one I got to first.

Gameplay:

Not much to say about that honestly. It works, it's fine. I probably wouldn't play the game just for the sake of it, but I guess this isn't the point in these kinds of games anyways, so nothing worrying.

Art/Graphics:

While the stiles of 3D and 2D might not always mix well, they seem to compliment each other so far. The 2D content seems ok, but isn't spectacular. Since this is rather normal for rpg-maker games I don't think there is something that would need any sort of immediate change.
As for the 3D stuff: To this date the game includes 3D-models for Tara plus two other characters (Sinius and Bernal), but since these have not had as much screen time and as many appearances as Tara's model I will forego them here. As already stated I think that she looks very good. I really do appreciate the animations, since they are rare in games like this (they commonly work with unanimated renders), even when they are rather minor (not the whole body moving etc.).

Sound/Audio:

(I'll leave this category empty until there is enough content in here to comment on.)

End of the corpus. You May stop reading here.

Note:

Keep up the good work. It really looks like it can become one of the better erotic games (maybe even of the best one day, who knows) floating around the internet. Also do keep those nice little details in (the other students remarks in classes etc.) since that can contribute to the overall quality of the game and sometimes it might be what seperates a good game from a truly awesome one.
And because of personal interest: Please don't drop the transmutation class.

I'm signing out, beam me up Scotty.

I can't seem to find the extended demo for download, it's always the first version... But I've got something to report, the first time the lust is started in class and you get a countdown, if you don't speak with the teacher and let the time reaches 0, it will stop there and when you leave the room you will be locked on animation mode... here's a screenshot to ilustrate.

http://imgur.com/EeZYqs2

I hope you'll do the "good guy" day next!  

Sorry to have to disappoint you, but from the poll I took, my patrons want me to run the Sinius route through to the end first. Figured I would at least let you know what the plans are for the game at this point.

Short Review (read: Opinion regarding certain aspects and not containing a short summary of the plot which would be normal for a real review, but I like the word so I kept it.)

Patronage status: Freeloader

Version reviewed: Extended Demo (Release: 29.1.2016)

Playthroughs: 2

Attention:

1. English isn't my first language, so bear with me. 2. I may and may not have found everything you can do in this game to date. If there is something that eluded me, I might end up stating something that is simply not true or unjust. If this is the case, please do remark. 3. This review only covers what content is available in this particular version of the game. Thus my opinions and observations might alter in possible future reviews. 4. I mean no offense or harm to anyone by writing this. If you feel I have crossed a line or similar it was very likely not my intention and I apologise here for the caused inconveniences in advance (I will probably repeat the apology after the respective post).

Start of the corpus. You may start reading here.

Overall:

Promising. One can see where you're heading with most of the paths and the second day classes provide a nice sneak peek. Some things are rather cliché (the malevolent powerful student rival, the perverted males, I am looking at you headmaster, the arousal curse, there simply was no other form of punishement I guess), but hey, since this game is probably far from completion, there is lots of room for possibilities to make these tropes a bit more interesting (and even then interested players will be to able overlook this presumably and it could or would still be a good game). What matters is the way you sell them, using tropes is in itself likely unproblematic. I can not say more right now.

Tara:

Her model looks good (no, seriously, really good).

Her initial clothing style might be a bit too daring (considering she thinks the outfit she is given in the Bernal-route is more revealing than what she usually wears and there seems to be no huge difference in my eyes, but I may just be insensitive in regards to that kind of thing).

Her personality is a bit too extreme. You can most likely tone it down and still get the point across.

Her lack of knowledge or inexperience pertaining to the male and female parts as well as cohabitation etc. (see the morning scene day 2) is a bit confusing, given that she is at a school likely filled with pubertal and post-pubertal students. Especially if she has already been a junior at a school it is simply highly unlikely that she would have gone through that time without any conversations about this topic (or at least overhearing one). And the way she looks would surely have invited the bolder ones to comment on that in public very well audibly.

She and Sinius seem too powerful to me, given they are just senior students, to control an ogre appears to be quite a feat and it makes her lack of knowledge concerning curses a bit odd, but this might just be a form of personal dislike regarding protagonists that are powerful right from the start.

Also, an explanation for why she has that statue in her room and why it has a name would be helpful.

Classes:

Quite nice, reminds me of a certain wizard boys classes from a certain book series carrying said wizards name, they at least have this kind of wizard school feeling to them (as much as they can with the content available). The other students lines are also quite helpful to provide this kind of atmosphere, since it makes the class seem more lively (and not just a bunch of pixels that are there to make the class room look less empty). I do recommend keeping those in and expanding on that adequately (at your measure and leisure).

A point of critique though relating to the difference between the summoning and animation classes:

Tara ends up controlled in both times, but the difference between the kind of control is not directly explained or stressed enough for me to be clearly visible. If one is supposed to be domination and control (summoning class), is the other supposed to be control too but more like a puppet and its master (animation class)? Because in that case I think you are abandoning a lot of potential for major differences in these courses since those are still eerily similar concepts. The description in the dance scene (animation class) makes it seem a bit like possession. If that is the case, please do make it more obvious by letting the participants say something with the respective others mouth etc. (or have thought bubbles for both expressing there feel of the other persons body). There are many more possibilities to shape and mold the classes into something that feels more special, but the possession interpretation was the one I got to first.

Gameplay:

Not much to say about that honestly. It works, it's fine. I probably wouldn't play the game just for the sake of it, but I guess this isn't the point in these kinds of games anyways, so nothing worrying.

Art/Graphics:

While the stiles of 3D and 2D might not always mix well, they seem to compliment each other so far. The 2D content seems ok, but isn't spectacular. Since this is rather normal for rpg-maker games I don't think there is something that would need any sort of immediate change.

As for the 3D stuff: To this date the game includes 3D-models for Tara plus two other characters (Sinius and Bernal), but since these have not had as much screen time and as many appearances as Tara's model I will forego them here. As already stated I think that she looks very good. I really do appreciate the animations, since they are rare in games like this (they commonly work with unanimated renders), even when they are rather minor (not the whole body moving etc.).

Sound/Audio:

(I'll leave this category empty until there is enough content in here to comment on.)

End of the corpus. You May stop reading here.

Note:

Keep up the good work. It really looks like it can become one of the better erotic games (maybe even of the best one day, who knows) floating around the internet. Also do keep those nice little details in (the other students remarks in classes etc.) since that can contribute to the overall quality of the game and sometimes it might be what seperates a good game from a truly awesome one.

And because of personal interest: Please don't drop the transmutation class.

I'm signing out, beam me up Scotty.

First, let me apologize for not responding sooner, I thought I was getting emails for any responses but apparently not. Second, thank you for this excellent review of what you liked and also for the suggestions that you had for what I have done so far! I know what I am trying to do but it really helps me to get feedback from others with different points of view.

In my mind I imagined Tara as being pretty single minded at school to focus on nothing but her magical skills, this, plus her complete lack of social ability has caused her to have a very sheltered existence compared to the other students at the school. Any inappropriate comments from male students wouldn't really mean much to her. Also, there is a particular bit if backstory that will expand on Tara's previous experiences, or lack thereof, regarding sexual matters. Apparently I need to do a better job of conveying this information so there is no confusion for the player.

Her personality was pretty harsh to start out with but that is going to change, one way or another, over time.

The difference between the Summoning class and Animation class is definitely a subtle one. When controlled by Sinius, Tara is forced to do something that she doesn't want to do. She is actually the one crawling on the floor because of this mental dominance. When animated by Bernal however, she has agreed to let someone else direct her body with no conscious input from her at all as to how or where she moves. I may see if there are some additional lines of dialogue I could add to make this clearer.

Over time I plan on switching all the portrait faces over to 3d representations for the expressions in dialogue. Takes quite a bit of time but that is my plan as other characters become more active in the story. (Finished the model for Bryce and am now working on one of the other female students, originally I was going to complete Bernal but since I am not doing his route yet I will spend my time on others for now). I will make these new models visible to anyone who visits the Patreon page so you cab see what else I am working on including in the game.

Morton, the statue in Tara's room, does have a brief message if you interact with it that basically says something like, "I'm glad Daddy sent you here to keep me company, Morton". So pretty much a statue from home that she was attached to as a child.

I will continue to add little touches like descriptions on the items in her room, students in the dorm at night, and other things to add to the immersion of the game.

I'm very pleased to hear that you like the 3D artwork for Tara, I spent quite a bit of time on her to make her look the way I wanted and I hope to continue improving my skills so that future models and renders will look even better.

Thank you again for your feedback, it was very helpful to get such detailed information to help me improve the game!

hope i can soon see the non patreon demo for testing soon and how much of the story will be finished

I can't seem to find the extended demo for download, it's always the first version... But I've got something to report, the first time the lust is started in class and you get a countdown, if you don't speak with the teacher and let the time reaches 0, it will stop there and when you leave the room you will be locked on animation mode... here's a screenshot to ilustrate.

http://imgur.com/EeZYqs2

At the very top of my patreon page are the 2 links to the latest version of the demo, I just checked them and they seem to be working ok.

https://www.patreon.com/Reepyr?ty=h

Very interesting bug there Xpyke, I will have to see what happened but now that I think about it I may not have copied over the autorun event from the other pages into this room. I will definitely fix this so no one else runs into this issue. Thanks for the detailed explanation as to what happened!

pretty awsome project!!! really intesting, there is going to be a update soon? im pretty hype :D keep going and i hope support you soon!

Thanks randolph22, I'm happy to hear that you like it!

I completed v0.1 on February 19th and I am hoping to get the next update completed in the next 7-10 days which will then be sent out to my patron's first but eventually I will share every update publicly.

Through the end of February I am running an early contributor bonus where anyone who pledges by the end of the month gets bumped up to the next reward tier automatically. So, as an example, anyone who pledges $10 would get access to v0.1 and all new releases that I complete in March (planning on getting 2 updates done in March at this point).

But truly no pressure for anyone to support me, all of what I create will be shared freely with everyone. Patron's just get to play the newest content a bit sooner is all.

P.S. I like your avatar btw ;)

Your kind of model business is fine, the patrons just receive early, if my coin was not 20% of a dollar, I would pledge, but converting I'd pay almost $50 for almost the lower level, mind that the major releases like XCom get priced around $100, but you are truly making an amazing game, and I hope you succed, and if my situation improves I might become a patreon too. Best wishes!

Your kind of model business is fine, the patrons just receive early, if my coin was not 20% of a dollar, I would pledge, but converting I'd pay almost $50 for almost the lower level, mind that the major releases like XCom get priced around $100, but you are truly making an amazing game, and I hope you succed, and if my situation improves I might become a patreon too. Best wishes!

Ouch, sounds like a rough exchange rate...

Thought I would let you know that the bug you reported about getting locked in the room if you don't advance the dialogue when the lust timer is triggered is basically handled. The only way I could really do it that seems to work is to have the dialogue auto-advance without needing player input. The only bummer about this is that you can't advance the text manually, have to wait for it to move on its own. However, this does increase the anxiety a bit where I could see myself yelling at the screen, "let me out of here damn it!". ;)

"Ouch, sounds like a rough exchange rate..."

Welcome to Brazil, where the govermment fucks you with a cactus... But glad to be of some help, I'll keep an eye out for your work, good luck with your project :D

Tried this, and i'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much. However, to my surprise it the demo was a lot of fun. Will be keeping an eye on this to see how it turns out. 

Thank you for giving it a shot and letting me know that it pleasantly surprised you. I'm glad to hear it!

Tried this, and i'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much. However, to my surprise it the demo was a lot of fun. Will be keeping an eye on this to see how it turns out. 

Thank you for giving it a shot and letting me know that it pleasantly surprised you. I'm glad to hear it!

You're welcome. I appreciate the time you've put into making sure the grammar and spelling are correct. That goes a long way in appreciating it more, for me at least. I look forward to seeing how this progresses, especially when the story expands beyond the current linearity. 

You're welcome. I appreciate the time you've put into making sure the grammar and spelling are correct. That goes a long way in appreciating it more, for me at least. I look forward to seeing how this progresses, especially when the story expands beyond the current linearity. 

I am hopeful that I will get enough updates done to share the public release near the end of this month, it begins to have some choices as to your actions which will affect what happens in the future of the game. I will do my best!

Updated the OP with the changelog for v0.2. It's in beta testing phase right now but it doesn't seem to have many bugs so far.

Once all the different reward tier patrons have had access to it for a while, I will release it here publicly.

Updated the OP with the changelog for v0.2. It's in beta testing phase right now but it doesn't seem to have many bugs so far.

Once all the different reward tier patrons have had access to it for a while, I will release it here publicly.

I'll keep an eye out, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived