How many plugins can skyrim have without crashing?

9tailedfox

Hello again, I have been gone for a while because of witcher 3 but i want to play skyrim again.I want to know how many plugins can skyrim handle because i have 152 plugins and I really want to play. I narrowed it down to mods i really want but im not sure if someare the same or do the same things.

I can post my list if it will be useful :cool:  :D

Probably you are asking about mods and not plug-ins.

Technically you can have up to 253 mods.

But remember that the DLCs and the Update also consume a slot, so probably you can have up to 248 mods.

Now, mods over 127 may have some problems (because in some cases the ID of the mod is considered a signed number, making impossible to do something.)

And last word: you may crash the game with a single bad written or too heavy mod.

If you chose carefully the mods you are adding, then you can go up to over two thousand with ease.

• 2 months later...

Um, hi Again, my friend shared Fallout New Vegas with me and I began modding that and I was wondering why my fallout game is running better than Skyrim. There are only two real reasons: One is that I have modded the heck out of Skyrim and I'm just beginning to mod fallout. Or two, Fallout uses the 4gb usage while my Skyrim doesn't have that. Was I supposed to install that before I modded Skyrim?

Skyrim now comes with 4gb exe from Steam.

Really the issues with crashing are mostly due to people assuming that they can use everything all at once for a single play through and that all awesome mods are just made so awesomely that all popular mods will of course work perfectly if said load order is set correctly.

NOT the case.

In any case since you don't know how those mods are made and trying to explain why it doesn't always work to throw whatever in the game well we only have very abstract means to explain why.

255 total plugs that's ESM/ESP this includes the ones provided by the game.

Technically you can have more than 255 mods since not all mods have an ESM/ESP

There is also a means to "Merge Pluggins" to bring the count down and this can help the system

There are just tons of different ways to optimize and no this is not something that the company can manage for you and gets rather lengthy to just explain in a thread post that will be washed away with other bumps.

Archived