File Name: Elin Custom Voice Followers 1.1 (Aug 19 2015)
File Submitter: Mud
File Submitted: 03 Aug 2015
File Category: Companions
So for a while now, I’ve been working on a set of custom-voiced Elin race followers originally intended for my own use, with lines ripped from other games or recorded from games. However, since there’s quite a dearth of followers for said race, I figured I might as well share the file with anyone interested in using them. It’s been a long road trying to flesh them out as much as I can with limited and borrowed assets, but here they are, finally complete! They’re not really Elins, though – they use their own custom race rather than the normal Elin race, so that they can use unique assets without overwriting the default ones, though they still have many dependencies on the original files for assets they didn’t need to make unique. Also, they’re bigger than the normal Elins, and I’m not just talking about their height, if you understand my meaning. If you catch my drift. If you pick up what I’m laying down.
I’m saying they’ve got large breasts.
Well, most of them do, anyway. Neptune doesn’t.
This does, however, mean they are not currently compatible with the Elin idle animation mod that gives the race its own swaying idle, so they will use the same idle as every other female character. An optional file is provided in the downloads that will set them to use the Elin vampire race instead so that they can use the idle animation mod, but the plugin’s largely untested beyond making sure they actually work, and this might cause conflicts if you also use the Elin race and become a vampire, or have Elin vampire NPCs somewhere in your game. Their size scale will be changed, and the ESP also removes the undead keyword from the race so that they won’t be affected by any Turn Undead effects despite not actually being undead.
I’d say it’s a worthy risk to take for the sake of cuteness, though.
- All of them are located in the Temple of Kynareth, Whiterun.
- You can recruit multiple followers with these girls even without a follower overhaul mod, as they use their own follower system. They’re not tested with AFT, but EFF can force recruit them and let them use its features just fine. You just might have some weirdness left after dismissing them that might require resetting EFF to get them to follow you again and remove residual effects.
- They will steal for you, but will not attack innocent people. This is for no reason other than the fact that I had a buttload of “No” responses for every character and nowhere to use them. You’re going to need to strangle Nazeem with your own hands.
- They have plenty of custom dialogue for combat and such, but don’t expect anything too fancy here. Idle lines are limited and they can’t exactly be made quest aware with so little to work with. Plus I have virtually no experience working with scripts so I couldn’t even do such a thing if I had the perfect voice clips.
Elin Race Mod: (http://www.loverslab...tera-elin-race/) Make sure you get v1.4.1, either from the downloads section or the update log.
HDT Physics Extension (Not strictly required, but I can’t guarantee their included outfits and body shape will look any good at all without physics acting on them)
Followers use UUNP Bodyslide body and outfits, so you’ll need UNP outfits if you want to dress them in anything else.
ARCHER FOLLOWER NEPTUNE:
HEALER FOLLOWER COMPA:
THIEF FOLLOWER LILY:
BERSERKER FOLLOWER VIVI:
- Neptune, Compa, and Lily can't close their eyes all the way when blinking. Nothing I can do about that right now, the Elin race's eyelid doesn't match the mesh for the wide-eyed shapes.
- Like other NPCs with custom voiced dialogue, you need to save and load your game at least once after installing the mod for them to be able to speak.
- Neptune's dress looks a little funky in-game. Will probably redo that at some point.
- Crossbow bolt quivers float off to the side of the followers’ hips due to having no fully up-to-date XPMSE skeleton for the Elin race yet. This can be fixed in-game using RaceMenu and EFF, by force-recruiting them and changing their quiver position in EFF’s Tattoos menu. Might get around to updating the skeleton sometime.
- Compa’s spell will sometimes ignore friendly targets for no reason, as can be seen in her preview video. I don’t know what causes this, so if anyone has any insight to share it’d be appreciated. But from what I understand even the vanilla Grand Healing spell can sometimes weird out like this.
- Compa’s healing is not tested at higher levels, as I have not had time to actually play the game in quite a while.
- Due to the unique head meshes and textures used by the Elin race, they have an unavoidable neck seam. I adjusted the color of their face texture to match the included Fair Skin Complexion texture as best as I can, but it still leaves a seam that can range from unnoticeable to obvious depending on the available lighting. For this reason every follower has something on to disguise the seam, either Neptune and Compa’s full clothing or Lily and Vivi’s scarves.
- Neptune and Compa do have repeating idle dialogue. They’re set to only say them once every 12 hours, but I don’t know if that’s often enough to get annoying. Feedback appreciated.
- Some dialogues are of noticeably different clarity and quality. Most of them shouldn’t be too jarring but some might have slipped through.
- Locational change dialogue when going outside may play even when travelling across the world.
- Their world interaction dialogue (“I have a bad feeling about this”, etc.) will stop playing if you recruit a follower with a vanilla voice alongside them. If I understand the Story Manager right, the vanilla world interaction dialogue takes precedence over theirs, and changing the order of the events in the Story Manager appears to cause a dirty edit so I’m not sure if I want to mess with that.
- I wasn't able to figure out how to make them respond when casting beneficial spells on them. If anyone has insight to share on this or the previous point, it'd be appreciated.
- Bluehole Studios and En Masse Entertainment for creating Tera Online and the Elins.
- The original authors of the Elin race mod for making all subsequent work possible.
- The 2ch community for their contributions to improving the Elin race mod.
- PsychoMachina for his tireless work updating and improving the Elin race mod and assembling its files in one place for us to use, and providing assistance with all things Elin.
- The voices of Neptune and Compa are owned by Idea Factory, Compile Heart, and NISA for the purpose of copyright.
- The voices of Estelle and Rita used for Lily and Vivi are owned by Namco Bandai Inc. and Tales Studio for the purpose of copyright.
- HHaleyy for Fair Skin Complexion UNP version (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/51602/?)
- Apachii’s ApachiiSkyHair for the ApachiiSkyHair Human06 hair used for Neptune. (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/10168/?)
- Skysims, Newsea, and Zzjay for the Jasmine hair used for Compa and the Evergreen hair used for Lily and Vivi.
- ky0suke for editing a RaceMenu-capable version of XPMSE for use with the Elin race
- Tsunako, artist for Hyperdimension Neptunia for the artwork from which Neptune and Compa’s eye textures are created
- DeviantArt user Saler1 for Lily’s eye texture (http://saler1.devian...nload-497922479
- DeviantArt user Amy-ChanNyah for Vivi’s eye texture (http://amy-channyah....re-DL-498895637)
- The Bodyslide/Outfit Studio team for creating the program, which has been indispensable in creating custom outfits to my liking (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/49015/?)
- BringtheNoise for Unified UNP (http://www.loverslab...ct-unified-unp/)
- Justice123 for Far East Christmas used in Neptune’s dress (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/28900/?)
- Anano for Osare Gothic Lolita, Osare Kneesocks, Osare Panty, Osare Muffler, and Amiella Outfit used in Neptune and Compa’s outfits (http://www.nexusmods.../?tb=mods&pUp=1)
- Fox6000 for his Fox armor sets, with pieces used for Neptune’s and Compa’s outfits
- Lostdaywalker for UNP Winter Sweaters, used in Compa’s outfit (http://www.loverslab...p-unp-and-unpb/)
- Kurese and Nausicaa for the Lingerie Set’s stockings used in Compa’s outfit (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/28714/?)
- LadyHorus for her Guild Wars 2 conversions for Skyrim, with the Illusionist set used as Lily’s outfit (http://www.loverslab...or-conversions/)
- Samisme74 for the LUSH Gear SexyWaif set’s stockings and boots, used in Compa’s, Lily’s, and Vivi’s outfits (http://www.loverslab...slide-cbbe-hdt/)
- The original authors of the Fire Butterfly, Biker Jacket, and Microbikini mods used in Vivi’s outfit
- Matthiaswagg for her guide on making followers with a custom recruitment system (http://skyrimmw.weeb...odding-tutorial)
- Deck16 for his guide on giving NPCs custom voices (http://deck16.net/po...n-skyrim-part-1)
If I’ve forgotten anything, please let me know! I am just a mess at keeping things organized, so maybe a file got left out or I missed a credit? At any rate, I hope these are to your liking!