do u guys think obis is worth it to use?

sidfu

I haven't used the mod myself, but it looks pretty impressive.  Most of the discussions I've had with friends seem to be pretty positive also. 

The only negatives I've heard are if you have a lower end PC it'll impact performance some and that if you have a ton of world space overhaul mods you might run into a few conflicts as well.

Guest Vendayn

I use it, and don't have any issues. It makes bandits a lot better and realistic, meaning a more immersive game. And a lot harder!

The variety's pretty nice, giving bandits a wider bevy of abilities to make encounters more interesting, and the bounty bandits are a nice idea, although their bounty items being "cashed in" by selling them to a merchant feels rather off. On the flip side, I found the variety a little odd at times too. For example, finding Afflicted bandits - they seem pretty out of place in a band of thugs considering they carry infectious diseases of various sorts. And I felt like seeing bandits of varying "tribes" within the same cave messes with the idea of the bandits being part of the same group.

I love it myself ya it can cause issues any mod can exp one with scripts. It makes you use tactics when fighting and makes you watch what you are gonna fight ive been one shotted before that's usually though on a light armored character. I had ditched it recently due to a major issue I was dealing with but couldn't find the cause however just today I put it back in my LO just cause even bandit chiefs without it I was killing without drinking any pots or using my healing spells. In other words to someone who used it but ditched it the worldspace was to friggin easy. If you go to use it get obis loot to it makes some tweaks to the bandits mostly its just more realistic loot on em.

It's a fun mod, but I think maybe it suffers from rampant  mission creep like SoT does. It's a personal thing but I really don't care over much about bandit factions and all the other gubbins it comes with, I just want my journeys to have a good chance of a fun encounter with something that wants me dead. 

Also, I tend to find that the more feature rich these types of mods are, the more likely they are to be a potential source of major problems down the line. It's been my experience that I can get a heavy modded setup nicely balanced and royally fuck it up by adding one too many npc spawners - random ctds, stodgy cell loads, spectacular script lag, all that good stuff.

If you've got the head room to spare though, have at it. 

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on what you want. I tried it for a while and never had any problems with it. But all I wanted was something to strengthen higher level bandits a bit so they put up a decent fight rather than having to micro-manage a tactical attack each time so I didn't use it for long.

Best thing to do is take a save (and keep in a safe place :) ), install it and see if you like it

• 6 months later...

I found this post because I am deciding whether or not to keep this mod in my load order. 

One problem I have had with it was that the OBIS bandits and vanilla bandits are not designated the same faction tag, and so if I was defeated and both a vanilla bandit and OBIS bandit remained alive in sufficient proximity, one or the other would inevitably interrupt scenes such as defeat/Submit/ M. eden etc.   

Potentially you could deal with this by installing the a "cease fire" mod that I've seen and attempted to utilize in the past, however in my personal experience that mod was ignored. That is not to say it's not a viable workaround, just that it wasn't for me.

Alternatively you could run about and kill all the obis or vanilla bandits first I guess, but at that point you are controlling the outcome so much you might as well  spawnatme in a remote location and take a dive :P 

Other than this issue I thought OBIS was a nice supplement to the banditry in Skyrim, and made me watch my back a lot more often, making Skyrim feel a lot less mary poppins skipping through the snowberry bushes.

I personally haven't had any problems. Adds a great challenge. My main problem is i don't memorize the bandit names. If you ever come across a bandit called a "Lancehide" DO NOT HIT HIM WITH A CLOSE COMBAT WEAPON. They have the reflect blows perk. Kill him from a distance if you can.

I personally haven't had any problems. Adds a great challenge. My main problem is i don't memorize the bandit names. If you ever come across a bandit called a "Lancehide" DO NOT HIT HIM WITH A CLOSE COMBAT WEAPON. They have the reflect blows perk. Kill him from a distance if you can.

Heh, in my previous playthrough I had like Lvl. 200 Two Handed Perks and Lvl. 200 Smithing (by use of perk mods) so my greatsword has 20k+ damage and 18k+ Armor.

I hit this S.O.B. bandit by mistake and it insta-killed me, so be careful if you have OP melee weapons like that lol.

On topic: Yes, it is worth it if you want varieties on bandits, not just plain Forsworn and Bandits with Leather/Fur armors. I recommend using also Revenge of the Enemies and Ultimate Combat, if you want some real challenge.

Heh, in my previous playthrough I had like Lvl. 200 Two Handed Perks and Lvl. 200 Smithing (by use of perk mods) so my greatsword has 20k+ damage and 18k+ Armor.

I hit this S.O.B. bandit by mistake and it insta-killed me, so be careful if you have OP melee weapons like that lol.

On topic: Yes, it is worth it if you want varieties on bandits, not just plain Forsworn and Bandits with Leather/Fur armors. I recommend using also Revenge of the Enemies and Ultimate Combat, if you want some real challenge.

I like you, you know what's up  ROTE is what i have too, see the nude girl for my signature, try that playthrough on Master. Not smart to be naked with that. But we don't play smart always.

Must have mod for me, I install it on every profile. Along with rebirth monster , dragon combat overhaul, extra encounters, random encounters, and the populated series reduced amounts. The game is just too easy without those mods for me since all my play through seem to have very focused character builds.

I fucking love OBIS. It's not script heavy when additional spawns in the MCM menu are disabled. Combine it with Brigandage an you will greatly reduce chance of seeing some half naked hobo that goes down after one hit.

I find Bandit Butcher Murderer/Psycho to be much more dangerous than the guy who reflects blows. He deals lots of extra damage with any melee weapon, including his fists. This mofo can ragdoll guards left and right, but I usually play as a bandit too so pffft, not my problem.

Archived