Sexout Sexual Alignment --- Need some advice

shivling006

My apologies is this is something already built for Sexout, and for my noobishness, but I am considering building a plugin for Sexout relating to NPC sexuality/factions.

The idea being that each NPC would be assigned a faction for straight/gay/bisexual, instead of having a blanket rule applied by Sexout. So in propositioning an NPC for an encounter, the response would be dictated by their faction and the PC's persuasion/actions.

This would further allow for attempts at persuasion (i.e. drugging, speech checks, disposition checks and the like), and allow for 'after the act' variations (changing an NPC's faction, disposition, or even causing an NPC to become hostile and aggressive). I feel this would really add to the role playing aspect of this amazing mod and all of its plugins, but I am not sure where to begin looking for reference. My experience with modding has really been mostly with models and textures, basic geck stuff. Any advice on similar projects that I might study as a reference for something like this would be greatly appreciated.

There is a mod that adjusts the sexual preferences of some of the named NPCs that have canon supporting it (e.g. setting Arcade to be homosexual) but I could be mistaken. It also randomly assigns preferences to generic NPCs. I can't remember which mod does this, or if it's actively maintained.

My suggestion to you would be to first read or at least skim the Scripting 101 thread and the NVSE tutorials by DoctaSax. If you're not too intimidated by how the scripting works, break your idea up into bite-sized chunks and start work.

A glaring omission I think is that sexout doesn't currently have functions to get or set actor sexuality. I think I'm going to add that into the current beta, so your mod could set the values if they're not already set on an NPC, other mods could look them up to make their own preference-based decisions and such.

There may have been something like that at one time but I'm unsure if it's still around. Besides, maybe it'd be good if it were built like:

- characters whose orientation is lore-set have it set ; a loop through a formlist can set some EVFLs on them

- others have it set according to chances in MCM ; detect new NPCs with the sexout scanner, assign them an orientation var if they don't already have one

- player override to everything ; I'd go for a hotkey pressed --> getcrosshairref option like I have with spunk's lust tracking

Yeah that sounds good. Sexout can handle the first two, and I'll change the male/female default settings in sexout from simple settings to sliders. Something like -10 == fully homosexual, +10 == fully hetrosexual? Values in the middle would reflect 'leaning' one way or the other, with 0 being bisexual with no preference?

Yeah that sounds good. Sexout can handle the first two, and I'll change the male/female default settings in sexout from simple settings to sliders. Something like -10 == fully homosexual, +10 == fully hetrosexual? Values in the middle would reflect 'leaning' one way or the other, with 0 being bisexual with no preference?

I was gonna say maybe it's best to have 2 boolean 'likes men' & 'likes women' evfls, but on second thought a slider perhaps better allows for people who can be coaxed into something they'd otherwise not do, so it has that going for it. Cass, who's always a pain to consider in this regard, could maybe be a +3 instead of 'entirely bi'.

Archived