How do I post screenshots?

thosrtanner

I tried to post a question with a couple of screenshots to demonstrate the problem. Using the uploader says I'm not allowed to post links, and including the picture inline said i wasn't allowed to use the extension (having tried, png, jpg and gif extension).

Help!

The easiest way is to host them elsewhere ( i use http://postimage.org/ myself as its free and doesn't require registration ) and then use the image button in the top bar and stick in the url

I tried to post a question with a couple of screenshots to demonstrate the problem. Using the uploader says I'm not allowed to post links, and including the picture inline said i wasn't allowed to use the extension (having tried, png, jpg and gif extension).

Help!

Greetings.

Yes sometimes i cannot post what i want  ... but that's  because the files ( or pictures) are not in a folder i can " Share" !!! ...  ( and i always use a "limited" user account , without "Administrator" 's  rights of course ...)

That's not because i'm not "allowed" by the site , but  just because i'm not allowed by my security settings !

( I use KIS 2013 as  Antivirus ...)

I think it's just a securitiy " issue" .

Try to put your pictures in your  " document" ( from your user account of course) folder first. Or put them on a disk partition that use the FAT32 system and not the NTFS ...

There is a little difference between XP operating system or Windows7 ( sorry , i don't use Windows8) but most of the time the "issue/problem" is the same.

Cheers.

The easiest way is to host them elsewhere ( i use postimage myself as its free and doesn't require registration ) and then use the image button in the top bar and stick in the url

I tried doing that but all it gives me is a page with a strange string on it which doesn't appear to work as a link of any sort (in IE and firefox). And I can't post links anyway

• 3 weeks later...

You asked a question....that's one post. then you responded....that's two posts....now you can post your question with pictures since all you need is 2 posts to do so. :)

btw....welcome to the ......um what is this place......oh yeah "The Twilight Zone" a.k.a Uncle Festers Basement.   :)

Archived