View File

About

Normally a Devious Device gag will block dialog. Gags+ allows the player to open dialog with a NPC at their normal speech level of ability if they have in their possession a writing set that consists of at least one of each of the following items:

• Quill
  • Inkwell
  • Roll of paper

Alternatively, the player may also use the following writing set with a debuff to their speech ability.

• Charcoal
  • Roll of paper

In both cases one item from the set that is in use is consumed when dialog with the NPC is closed.

If the player is in possession of both types of writing sets then the set without the debuff is used first.

Required

Note

If the player is already wearing a gag when Gags+ is installed you must restart the Devious Devices - Integration Gag's quest in console for this mod to start functioning.

stopquest zadgagqueststartquest zadgagquest

BONUS: Masque of Clavicus Vile.esp

Did you really think you'd come out ahead making a deal with Clavicus Vile? The Daedric Prince of twisted wishes and eldritch deals?

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/02/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices - Integration
  • Special Edition Compatible

Yep, need to make an improvement for when the player's arms are bound.

was just about to ask what happens if you had an armbinder too

Should be blocked now for the armbinder & zaz items with the "zbfEffectWrist" keyword.

I was going to ask if blindfolds affect your ability to write but I guess you could probably still write something out when blind.  

Yeah. There's a bunch of different ways to interpret how it "should" work. I'm all for realism. Up to a point.

I was going to ask if blindfolds affect your ability to write but I guess you could probably still write something out when blind.  

Yeah. There's a bunch of different ways to interpret how it "should" work. I'm all for realism. Up to a point.

You could always add some sign language animations.  :P

I'm not wanting to seem ungrateful or disrespectful, as this mod is very useful in order to replace the missing/unfinished dialogs from the original DD Gags, but I reeeeally hope that Min finish the previously suggested and highly anticipated "Pmmme hmmp mm! <Please help me!>" sexy gagging dialogs and such.

You could always add some sign language animations.   :P

Or telepathic illusion spells :)

The rarity of the items still make it a handicap. I'm liking the results so far. I've added recipes to make quills, inkwells & paper too.

Quills - Hawk feathers or hagraven feathers

Inkwells - charcoal, spriggan sap, weak health poison

roll of Paper - linen wrap, lingering weak health poison

You could always add some sign language animations.   :P

Or telepathic illusion spells :)

The rarity of the items still make it a handicap. I'm liking the results so far. I've added recipes to make quills, inkwells & paper too.

Quills - Hawk feathers or hagraven feathers

Inkwells - charcoal, spriggan sap, weak health poison

roll of Paper - linen wrap, lingering weak health poison

how about telepathic illusion spell book are you planning this on putting it on a random dungeun or adding a quest to obtain it?

BTW i really like the telepathic illusion idea

Hi thank you for this addition, was necessary until Min finish DDI.

But I got an issue, I cannot set this mod to work (even try start/stop comande but nothing happen). I cannot speak to NPC even with both set of items in inventory.

The player already has the gag equipped when you installed the mod?

No, only in inventory.

Here is an extract of my payrus log when I equip gag (DDI version 2.6.6 working well beside that)

[ (1) on (00000000)].AUAFollowerScript.OnUpdate() - "AUAFollowerScript.psc" Line 20
[02/04/2014 - 08:38:39PM] [Zad]: OnEffectStart(gag-noFood)
[02/04/2014 - 08:38:40PM] [Zad]: OnEffectStart(gag)
[02/04/2014 - 08:38:40PM] [Zad]: SyncInventory(): Equipping gag.
[02/04/2014 - 08:38:42PM] [Zad]: ZadNpc::OnUpdateGameTime()
[02/04/2014 - 08:38:42PM] [Zad]: ProcessEffects()
[02/04/2014 - 08:38:43PM] [Zad]: ZadNpc::DoRegister(0.499725)
[02/04/2014 - 08:38:48PM] Error: Cannot call GetActorReference() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:

No, only in inventory.

Here is an extract of my payrus log when I equip gag (DDI version 2.6.6 working well beside that)

[ (1) on (00000000)].AUAFollowerScript.OnUpdate() - "AUAFollowerScript.psc" Line 20

[02/04/2014 - 08:38:39PM] [Zad]: OnEffectStart(gag-noFood)

[02/04/2014 - 08:38:40PM] [Zad]: OnEffectStart(gag)

[02/04/2014 - 08:38:40PM] [Zad]: SyncInventory(): Equipping gag.

[02/04/2014 - 08:38:42PM] [Zad]: ZadNpc::OnUpdateGameTime()

[02/04/2014 - 08:38:42PM] [Zad]: ProcessEffects()

[02/04/2014 - 08:38:43PM] [Zad]: ZadNpc::DoRegister(0.499725)

[02/04/2014 - 08:38:48PM] Error: Cannot call GetActorReference() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

Full log please. I can't tell anything from this.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Bonus!

what i need know are more paperrolls and charcoalsticks lying around in dungeons and elsewhere :)

There are recipes that let you make quills, ink wells & paper rolls.

Difficulty of the recipes depends on key difficulty.

BONUS: Masque of Clavicus Vile.esp

Did you really think you'd come out ahead making a deal with Clavicus Vile? The Daedric Prince of twisted wishes and eldritch deals?

Not quite what I was expecting, but cool nonetheless. 

I was kinda figuring it would just force the mask to stay on and have the gag scripts attached, kinda like the classic 'iron mask', only with a gag.