Better Female Walk

This is my attempt to create a better walk for females. It is a work in progress and is far from finished but it's at least to a point where I will share it with others to get some feedback on it

FemalWalk(WIP).7z

Update I added a differnt option for those who like more of a subtle walk without alot of the exageration.

To Do-

Figure out why the animation seems to skip a frame or two when in the game. I am open to sugestions from more experianced annimators on how to resolve this issue the beginning and ending frames contain an identical pose so if anything it should hesitate when looping. [uPDATE- Well it may not be something I am doing as I took the default walk annimation converted it to kf then imported it into 3ds and without changing anything exported it back into a kf and converted it over to a hkx file again and the skip appeared in that as well. So it's possible it is something with the import/export pluggin for 3ds]

Continue to adjust skirt bones as more issues are found.

Continue to tweak the walk animation.

Update-

Some general fine tuning of the annimation while also speeding up it up to take care of the skating.

adjusted the skirt bones a bit to reduce some of the clipping issue when wearing robes and such that use them.

Found and fixed the cloth bunching up issue. some of the skirt bones did not export correctly.

Smoothed out some of the skipping issue when the left leg steps forward.

Edit-

Forgot to add two of the annimation files, so added them.

mt_walkforwardleft.hkx

mt_walkforwardright.hkx.

can we get some videos please so people can see what your animations look like :) a short 5 seconds for walking each direction would be enough to show people that your mod would be worth downloading :) welcome to loverslab and congrats on your first post being a Mod :D

LOL I would but have no clue where to even begin as I have never made a video ingame. And thanks for the welcome I have been lurking in the forums for awhile but the stock walk animation just got to me so had to do something about it.

Given I plan on tweaking it more to a sexy walk over time but have to first figure out how to fix the loop issue on the left leg as it has a small skip in game but looked perfect in 3ds.

have you perhaps tried to overcompensate the last few animation segments so that they dont have the issue re-aligning themselves at their original start position, i know sometimes animations get a little jerky when they re-loop so this may be a good solution.

i think something like fraps should be able to make a video for you then you can just upload it on your first post here :) image quality doesnt have to be the best so long as people see the motions :) or make a rendered video of the animations in 3ds :) i know 3ds and its pretty easy to do that :)

Magnificent!:D

The deliciously bouncy movements of the PC's buns as she sashays forward, have me literally drooling.

[spoiler=Possible bug]As she walks forward, the back of any skirt type clothing she's currently wearing, tends to lift up. The shorter the "skirt" the more exposed her behind is...which isn't exactly a bad thing, but...

Anyway, when she's wearing the forsworn, that little skirt's back hem gets bunched up above her cute bum. If she's wearing something like the nocturnal with its long skirt, you barely see a differance.

ps. Addicted and looking forward;) to more of your creations.

I gave it a try, and while it works great, I seem to be having the same issue as dreamtourist. The bug effected my Nightingale set, although didn't adversely effect my Ebony Mail, as far as I could tell. It hiked the cape way up and caused part of the armor to clip through. I also made a small video of it. :P

[video=youtube]

Well, Skyrim is getting sexier by the time elapses. Mymymy, what people will do with the tool kit haha, I think we all know that and want it too

P.S.: I think is not possible to put the camera that way. When you walk backward, the camera always looks forward. I think there's no way to see your character walking from the front. Someone wish to mod that? ;)

I gave it a try' date=' and while it works great, I seem to be having the same issue as dreamtourist. The bug effected my Nightingale set, although didn't adversely effect my Ebony Mail, as far as I could tell. It hiked the cape way up and caused part of the armor to clip through. I also made a small video of it. :P[/quote']

I love quirky bugs like this. Either way, good work on the mod Edoin, was expecting it to take a lot longer to get mods like this but it's nice to see people beat my expectations. :)

You can use the console command "animcam" to toggle rotating the 3rd person camera while moving.

It works a bit differently that in Oblivion, as you loose the ability to rotate your character via mouse. Some fancy footwork with keybinding may be able to supply you with a toggle or "hold" key. Off the top of my head, I do not know where Skyrim keeps its keybinds.

First off thanks to everyone for the feedback I haven't loaded any armor with cloth yet so I didn't know about that so will look into it and see what I can do.

Can you document how you got a new animation ito the game? I want to tweak the female idle stance.

First off I used the FO3 Archive unpacker to get the annimations.

Then used hkxcmd to convert the animations I wanted to .kf which I found the link to posted in this forum

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1797

then imported into the trial version of autodesk 3ds using

http://www.mediafire.com/?advg39x9vegea9o

once I had the annimations the way I wanted I exported into .kf form again and then using the hkxcmd command from ealier to convert the kf back into .hkx

actualy kind of simple once I got all the command line commands correct.

Her... hips are dislocated from her spine when she walks like this... they just shake by rotating with no movement from the rest of her upper half...

...That's not how bones work!

Also why is she holding her arms out like that? You know, her arms straight out and turned outwards a bit? It seems like how a prissy maid or noble would walk, not an adventurer...

Her... hips are dislocated from her spine when she walks like this... they just shake by rotating with no movement from the rest of her upper half...

Also why is she holding her arms out like that? You know' date=' her arms straight out and turned outwards a bit? It seems like how a prissy maid or noble would walk, not an adventurer...

[/quote']

He said it's a WIP, no need to make such a rude reply when stating problems. Maybe some people find it too hard not to be rude, naturally.

I'm sure he'll tweak the animation to make it more natural, besides, you should be very happy someone has gotten a new animation into the game so early without the creation kit! :D

Also why is she holding her arms out like that? You know' date=' her arms straight out and turned outwards a bit? It seems like how a prissy maid or noble would walk, not an adventurer...

[/quote']

He said it's a WIP, no need to make such a rude reply when stating problems. Maybe some people find it too hard not to be rude, naturally.

I'm sure he'll tweak the animation to make it more natural, besides, you should be very happy someone has gotten a new animation into the game so early without the creation kit! :D

Now now maybe they just need a lesson in how to post feedback in a much more constructive manner.....or of corse they just like looking like a jerk....who knows.

Not to mention this is my first time animating anything I think I am doing rather well.

[/quote']

It's not rude, it's constructive feedback on a forum dedicated to posting works and obtaining feedback. Not every single comment needs to be sugarcoated.

I remember in Oblivion' date=' I installed Umpa Sexy walk and for some reason the men walked in the same way. It was the funniest thing ever. Hopefully no bugs like that occur in Skyrim

[/quote']

Shouldn't as I am only doing the female walk animation and leaving the male walk animation alone.