Oof, I suppose I really should mention what I'm in the middle of:

Custom races textures not showing up - I took a quick glance at the meshes and CK but can't find anything wrong there, so I will have to look into how custom races set up skin textures to see if there's any hints there. Unfortunately that will wait until after I get the new version of the BU scripts working.

New scripting to support NPCs and multiple armors - I would like to say I'm 90% there, but I've been 90% there at least three separate times the past week and each time there has been just one little detail about Papyrus/Skyrim that boots me back to square one. Currently NPCs can wear the armor, it will listen to OnHit events on them, and it will change the damage stage; what I need to sort out is 1) the armor is now blinking between damage stage changes when it didn't before (that part of the code is relatively unchanged too, so no idea what is causing it), 2) only every other stage is actually being equipped despite the damage stage token showing up in the inventory (which shouldn't be possible because the only way those tokens should show up is if the "equipitem" function executed), and 3) armors have a data "script" that's just full of variables, so each instance of an armor should have its own data script that's separate from another set, yet they're somehow sharing values, this needs sorting.

Think I'm going to head to Ikea to flip all the tables.

Edit: the "damage mesh doesn't equip when poisoned" bug has also been solved. Now all that's left is figure out how to re-implement repairing, because the new code breaks the old method of implementing repair, and to write a real tutorial on how to make BU armors with this framework.

You could write a macro in autoit to speed up duplicating, renaming and changing paths in an armor in CK. You click on 1 armor and the macro would make 9 more armors with proper names and armor addons with 1 click. Then you'd do the same to armor addons (change names and nifs)

While I would like to make it as convenient as possible for modders to make BU armors, I'm just going to have to play the "lazy bastard" card and leave the whole process of making new armor and armor addons to them :D For now I'm just focusing on this custom races texture bug (which JosefGrey seemingly figured out, but never posted the solution to) and trying to hammer repairing back into the framework.

Things that have been tripping me up are that objects lose their object reference once they're put in a container (and the last patch screwed up the only reliable way of getting a reference before it goes in the container, thanks Bethesda), which makes it impossible to tie repair in with an armor value like tempering level, and I can't have the repair script call (and access the variables of) the armor script because the CK won't let me associate the two unless the armor script extends armor (but it needs to extend objectreference if I want separate instances of the armor to track independently, which is kinda critical for NPC support. Thanks again, Bethesda).

So right now it looks like it's pretty much impossible to directly reset damage values or set a repair flag for each instance of the armor once it has been unequipped (best I can do right now is just repair whatever armor you're wearing, but that's sloppy); that means my only option would be to use a global variable as a repair flag - or rather a pseudo-global variable in the form of an array managed by a quest script that assigns slots to each instance of the armor as suggested elsewhere. Easier said that done.

• 3 weeks later...

Great job,  unfortunately Im so addicted to my bodyslide armors that I dont really feel like using these full time.

But just a small suggestion inspired by other armor mods that would make life a little easier.

You could create a chest that contains all of the armors included in the pack, which could then be retrieved via help 'BUarmorchest', followed by a player.placeatme 0912947893blahblahblah or something of the like. 

• 4 weeks later...

great mod, one small question:

as the new bodyslide and studio got released, is it possible to get a batch for all vanilla armor and clothes? preferable as addon to http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/511-psb-pregnancy-scaling-body-for-bodyslide2/ :)

if it should work this way, making custom armors compatible would be easy for non ck wizards like myself, and i think modders would have it easier too, by "just" putting in a batch file for compatibility.

Sorry, folks, I wish I had a good reason for the lack of updates... but I don't. Around mid-December I had a eureka moment, decided to take a "short" break, and noticed that Guild Wars 2 was on sale.

Then suddenly a month and a half later I woke up in a puddle of my own filth and realized I lost time. Alien abduction, I tells you.

Anyway, I'll upload the new version now. Works pretty much like the current version, but now NPCs can use it. Still haven't figured out the default textures issue with the Custom Races mod, unfortunately.

Just wondering if this could be altered so that instead of monitoring OnHit events for disappearing armor. It instead monitored arousal level so the more aroused the wearer was, the more revealing the armor would become.

Theoretically, yes, but technically I have no idea because I don't have whatever mod generates arousal levels, so I wouldn't know how to hook into it or if there is even a way to hook into it.

great mod, one small question:

as the new bodyslide and studio got released, is it possible to get a batch for all vanilla armor and clothes? preferable as addon to http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/511-psb-pregnancy-scaling-body-for-bodyslide2/  :)

if it should work this way, making custom armors compatible would be easy for non ck wizards like myself, and i think modders would have it easier too, by "just" putting in a batch file for compatibility.

Well, each stage of damage for the armor is just a mesh replacement, so as long as you have bodyslide files for that mesh it'll work with the bodyslide studio like any other armor; that's probably going to be a boatload of work, but I'm not a modeler and I haven't seen how the new bodyslide studio is shaping up, so I can't even begin to imagine just how much extra work it would be.

The Schwertleite one kept ctd everytime I try to put it on, any way to fix this?

The BU-Schwertleite Alt Base Mesh.7z file didn't help?

Sorry, folks, I wish I had a good reason for the lack of updates... but I don't. Around mid-December I had a eureka moment, decided to take a "short" break, and noticed that Guild Wars 2 was on sale.

Then suddenly a month and a half later I woke up in a puddle of my own filth and realized I lost time. Alien abduction, I tells you.

Anyway, I'll upload the new version now. Works pretty much like the current version, but now NPCs can use it. Still haven't figured out the default textures issue with the Custom Races mod, unfortunately.

Good to have you back.

Guest Jenova23

Is it possible for this to work universally maybe have a script that lets you set the percent of the armor breaking after you or your followers health drops bellow a value you set, that way you would have to buy new armor and clothes for your follower. It would make the game that much more challenging and work really with SexLab Aroused, also eliminating the need to make compatible armor and clothes types. If someone knows of a mod like that out there someone please let me know.

Is it possible for this to work universally maybe have a script that lets you set the percent of the armor breaking after you or your followers health drops bellow a value you set, that way you would have to buy new armor and clothes for your follower. It would make the game that much more challenging and work really with SexLab Aroused, also eliminating the need to make compatible armor and clothes types. If someone knows of a mod like that out there someone please let me know.

You mean go from fully clothed to completely naked with no stages between? If that's the case, then a modification of an older version of his mod could do that (by making it a quest that tracks health instead of the current iteration, which is a magic effect that gets applied to the player when they put on a BU-enabled armor), but it's impossible if you want stages because that would require scripting that Papyrus doesn't support.

Permanent armor loss was something I considered early in the project, but I discarded because of two reasons: the first is that it's too punitive for people who don't want that kind of feature (whereas people who do want to lose armor still have the option to not repair damaged armor and throw it away instead) and the second is it would require modelers to make additional stages for a decent visual transition (just looked bad going from 50% covered to suddenly buck naked).

As for armor linked to NPC/PC health: whole point of this project was to get away from that paradigm, don't make me go back there :(

Guest Jenova23

You mean go from fully clothed to completely naked with no stages between? If that's the case, then a modification of an older version of his mod could do that (by making it a quest that tracks health instead of the current iteration, which is a magic effect that gets applied to the player when they put on a BU-enabled armor), but it's impossible if you want stages because that would require scripting that Papyrus doesn't support.

Permanent armor loss was something I considered early in the project, but I discarded because of two reasons: the first is that it's too punitive for people who don't want that kind of feature (whereas people who do want to lose armor still have the option to not repair damaged armor and throw it away instead) and the second is it would require modelers to make additional stages for a decent visual transition (just looked bad going from 50% covered to suddenly buck naked).

As for armor linked to NPC/PC health: whole point of this project was to get away from that paradigm, don't make me go back there :(

Well maybe in the future someone will make a universal PC/NPC concept of this mod but either or good luck with the mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm just being dumb but where are the textures for this file? Everything installs and I can make the armor at the forge but it turns the character's body invisible. Are they in another mod? Also is it in the works to do a replacer so all NPCs have the BU armor? Thanks for the reply and kudos on the mod.