Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz (TCRA Update 1/19/14)

• 2 weeks later...

Situation Update:

Okay,

after the worst two weeks of my life, I'm finally re-situated. Mostly. I won't bore you with details because quite frankly, I don't want to recall any of it. Suffice to say, I have a whole new vision of what Hell must be like. So here's where things stand going forward:

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my entire Skyrim installation, complete with mods and tweaks. Once that's finished (hopefully by tonight, and some playtesting tomorrow night), I'll be working exclusively on getting the new TCRA finished up. As earlier stated, nothing should change with respect to my currently released races. So everything previously released should still work normally (things generally only break when headpart changes are made).

Once that is done, I hope to begin adding the WIPs I've been working on to the downloads. They'd have been ready sooner, but I decided to make significant changes in the way the CK utilizes the leg/hoof parts for the creature based races (like the Unicorn, Draenei, and Bovine bodies), which required a bit of Nifskope editing to make them appear in game properly as valid feet. I wanted to separate them so any interested armor modders could fashion armor/clothing for the hooves alone without the entire assembled body/hoof mesh as a single part. And thanks to b3lisario, ANY armor/cloth made for them will work for ANY body type they match up to. The bodies are currently available in CHSBHC, UNPB, and a custom CBBE BodySlide mesh of my own design. However, if anyone proficient with the new BodySlide would like to work on a compatible BodySlide version of the meshes, please feel free to contact me and I'll PM you the edited CBBE meshes.

So that's pretty much it for now. So watch this space ;)

Trykz

Trykz hey hope you're ok, I was wondering if like say your spriggan queen and white faun could use chsbhc and if so how would I do that?\I imagine I'd have to copy the appropriate body nif.dds files and overwrite the ones already used by the mod. I just thought I'd ask as I found my current body mods unable to touch say your white faun. I'd just like to do this right the first time so please be specific if you could. If you don't want to help me that's ok but I would like to know why if I may. Thank you in advance Trykz, thank you for your mods and good life and luck to you.

Tested the download and archive extraction just now. Removed all the meshes and texture folders from my Data folder, and tested the BSA.

It's working perfectly for me. As xenic pointed out, all three parts of the archive need to be downloaded and extracted together.

edit: if you're a modder using the archive to build a mod, don't forget to add the following to your SkyrimEditor.ini found in the main Skyrim folder:

under the [General] heading add: bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

and under the [Archive] heading add TCRA.bsa to the list of archives appearing after SResourceArchiveList2..... it should look something like this:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, TCRA.bsa

Enjoy :)

Trykz

@ Trykz I was wondering about the upcoming mods. I say that you had mentioned the Unicorn has the male and 2 foals hiding somewhere in the world. Will the other new races have something similar as well? 

Sorry for the delay in responding. Between work and modding, my time is pretty well consumed :)

Some will, others won't. Lately I've been putting a little bit of time here and there into Valley of the Broken. A mod which not only adds a custom race, but an entirely new world space separate from Skyrim, including a small quest to find it's location. A sort of "plane", if you get my meaning. It's been quite a while since I did anything with it, so I decided last week to add it to the mix of stuff I'm working on.

I've also been dabbling a bit into re-creating Oblivion's Synx race, which is proving to be quite the undertaking. However, I don't want to short-change the other mods I have on deck. They all have something to offer, but of them all I think the Valley of the Broken mod will likely come out on top as my most popular to date. It adds a ton of stuff to enhance play-through. Especially from the very beginning of a "new game" perspective. And as either sex of character. My ultimate aim is to make it fully update capable so I can add new content to it as time allows.

So much to do, so little time to do it with :/

Trykz

@ Trykz I was wondering about the upcoming mods. I say that you had mentioned the Unicorn has the male and 2 foals hiding somewhere in the world. Will the other new races have something similar as well? 

Sorry for the delay in responding. Between work and modding, my time is pretty well consumed :)

Some will, others won't. Lately I've been putting a little bit of time here and there into Valley of the Broken. A mod which not only adds a custom race, but an entirely new world space separate from Skyrim, including a small quest to find it's location. A sort of "plane", if you get my meaning. It's been quite a while since I did anything with it, so I decided last week to add it to the mix of stuff I'm working on.

I've also been dabbling a bit into re-creating Oblivion's Synx race, which is proving to be quite the undertaking. However, I don't want to short-change the other mods I have on deck. They all have something to offer, but of them all I think the Valley of the Broken mod will likely come out on top as my most popular to date. It adds a ton of stuff to enhance play-through. Especially from the very beginning of a "new game" perspective. And as either sex of character. My ultimate aim is to make it fully update capable so I can add new content to it as time allows.

So much to do, so little time to do it with :/

Trykz

I won't lie, I was hoping to see one of the new race mods pop into the download section, but the Valley of the Broken is still good news. I read about it a while back and had forgotten about it until now. I feel like a mod junkie waiting on your races. I blame you for my addiction lol :D Keep up the awesome work. 

I tried to download the Kerran Race. I downloaded all the files on the page that said required as well. I used NMM to install the Kerran rar. Then when I tried to open the game, it CTD. So I took the files that said required and put them in a folder and named it Files for Kerran race and stuck that in my skyrim data. Still ctd. So I ran wryebash and boss. Wryebash says that I am missing the TCRA.esm. I can't seem to find it anywhere. This is my first time installing a mod not from steam or Nexus. Can anyone help me?

Edit: NM I found the page where you explain everything and downloading TCRA.RAR now. Wish me luck!

Where is that file?

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female.....

just copy the skeletonbeast_female to your desktop, and rename it to skeleton_female. Then copy it back to the folder you got it from, over-writing the one there. Don't worry, your non-tailed races will still work fine.

CTDs  with any race with a tail, are almost always caused by a skeleton without a tail node.

On that note:

I'm currently stuck in a hotel for a job I'm working on in West Palm Beach for this week. I should be home for the weekend, when I hope to finish up a couple of the races I've been working on. If all goes well, I'll transfer them to my laptop and get them released when I come back here next week (currently no cable at home as I'm spending so much time away).

As for Frost Elves (and the Nidia race someone PM'ed me about), they should be a definite for next Monday as I only need to finish up the Frost Elf abilities, and update the Nidia race controller for the current Skyrim version.

Trykz

Ok. I CTD when I try to choose the Kerran race female. I have TCRA installed. Ran boss, ran Wrye Bash, made a bashed patch. I looked for the skeletonbeast_female in my character assets female, but didn't have any. I did however have it in my Ma'Isha folder. I copied it to desktop, renamed it to skeleton_female and this time I put it in my character assets. I ran FNIS just in case and it said I needed a creature pack. So I downloaded that and ran FNIS again and boss again.

You can tell I really want this race. What am I doing wrong? :(

P.S. And why don't I have a character assets female folder? Or a skeletonbeast_female file except with khajiit child folder? I can make a Khajiit. hmmmm everyone seems to have this file except me!

you downloaded 1 archive tcra.rar or you download 3 archives tcra001.7z tcra002 and tcra003?

I downloaded the three archive files and also the tcra.rar. All of it.

you need only 3 archives not tcra.rar.Delete old tcra.bsa and esm then copy all thet you willget after extracting that 3 arcchives maybe it will help you

OK... what I downloaded besides the TCRA.rar, was TCRA.7z.001,002,003. They can't be unzipped or extracted. So either I placed then in the wrong place, or they are not the files I needed. When I just had them, Wrye Bash said I was missing the TCRA.esm so I figured that was why I was crashing before I even got into the game. Now I can get into the game but can't make a Kerran. In so confused. Thank you so much for trying to help.

OK... what I downloaded besides the TCRA.rar, was TCRA.7z.001,002,003. They can't be unzipped or extracted. So either I placed then in the wrong place, or they are not the files I needed. When I just had them, Wrye Bash said I was missing the TCRA.esm so I figured that was why I was crashing before I even got into the game. Now I can get into the game but can't make a Kerran. In so confused. Thank you so much for trying to help.

Download 7zip manager and from 7zipFM extract tcra.7z.001 it will extract all 3 parts.Then download skeletons from this mod section and install them i just did it and it all works for me i just whant to change some bodytypes for valkirie race but dont know how to do this

Download 7zip manager and from 7zipFM extract tcra.7z.001 it will extract all 3 parts.Then download skeletons from this mod section and install them i just did it and it all works for me i just whant to change some bodytypes for valkirie race but dont know how to do this