Old SexLab Submit - (Merge into the current Submit thread?)

I for one and really glad that you reverted to the non-blocking version.  I had to uninstall the mod when you switched before because it clashed with a few of my mods and I did not want to run a version that wasn't under development.  I like this mod a lot and I appreciate your efforts.

Wulf

I for one and really glad that you reverted to the non-blocking version.  I had to uninstall the mod when you switched before because it clashed with a few of my mods and I did not want to run a version that wasn't under development.  I like this mod a lot and I appreciate your efforts.

Wulf

Yeah, I liked the flow of the dialog/responses better in the blocking version, but I realized I was probably using a sledgehammer to swat a fly, which was to prevent SLRomance dialog from being available at the same time as the SLSubmit parts, as that was making my eye twitch a little.  :P

But a quick little addition of a Heath% > 20% to the SLRomance mod made the blocking completely unnecessary, and with a little rework and adding a few extra lines, I was able to remove the blocking yet keep more of the overall feel that the blocking dialog flow had.

Best of both worlds, and, most importantly, no conflicts with other dialog mods or potentially default Skyrim scenarios!

Not sure if this is a big deal, but I couldn't get this to work with Carlotta Valentina in Whiterun if I snuck into her house. I don't know if the trespass script overrides this one, but I never got the dialogue box. Likewise, i couldn't get it with a shopkeeper in Falkreath either.

I did test it out on a bandit and it worked fine.

Not sure if this is a big deal, but I couldn't get this to work with Carlotta Valentina in Whiterun if I snuck into her house. I don't know if the trespass script overrides this one, but I never got the dialogue box. Likewise, i couldn't get it with a shopkeeper in Falkreath either.

I did test it out on a bandit and it worked fine.

Did you beat them down to <= 20% health?  If you didn't, it won't trigger, since I didn't want errant dialogs appearing during other times.

If you *did* beat them down to <=20% health and it still didn't, then it is indeed possible, as I have not tried something like that.

I did smack Adrianne, the lady blacksmith next to your house in Whiterun, around and it worked, and I also for debug testing, killed her husband and shortened the 'mourning' script from 240sec real time to 30sec.  (I couldn't figure out a way to just interrupt the 'mourning' script, which is what I would have preferred), but I didn't personally try it on a "trespassing" situation.

I personally just use SLRomance on the nice city folk, and save my own mod for those jerk-ass bandits and whatnot, because fuck those guys! :P

So i'm loving this mod, thanks a ton for it, can't wait to see what you do next

if anyone read before my edit, it was just my error.

Though i do have 2 things

1. After my character rapes female characters they become "friendly" as in they won't attack anymore, which i like. But so far my girl has raped 2 guys and afterwards they both just continue to attack after relaxing for like 3 seconds.

2. Don't know if this would even be possible or desirable to anyone else, but there was a mod in sexout similar to this one, but combat wasn't required, you just walked up to people and raped them. That wasn't as fun as this one by far, but something it did do was apply an "enthrall" effect after raping the same NPC so many times. Would be pretty hot to see a bandit that  you raped and let live 2 weeks ago suddenly show up in the middle of whiterun and ask to please be fucked again.

After you beat them down the first time, depending on if they resist or not, they are joined into a "Resisted" faction, and once they are raped, they are put in a "Raped" faction.  Even though I give these factions absolutely no friendly/unfriendly status with any other factions, it has the side effect of them going sort of neutral and not helping their previous friends (bandits, etc).  I guess it's easy enough to treat them as broken and defeated.  However, I am not sure why a male would regain agro like that.  My character is male and all of my testing has been against female NPC's, because I never figured that would matter.  I guess I can do a gender swap on my guy for testing and see what happens.

As to what I am going to do next?

Today at work, I had a mini-epiphany over something that was eluding me, and tonight I took another crack at a feature I had to give up on, with pleasing results so far.  I finally figured out the functionality to make the "attempt to drop combat to initiate dialog" work with a customizable hotkey, instead of modifying ~20 flee/bleedout quest dialog fragments.  Which is how I wanted it to work from day one but was just never able to figure out a clean method that wasn't just adding some crappy "MLARapeSpell" to your spellbook.  I feel the method I came up with to do this will be done in a way that is very elegant and very "fitting" for the Dragonborn, and I think everyone will be pleased with it as much as I am.  :shy:

I am not ready to release this update, because I literally just got the functionality working and stable for the first time tonight, and I still have to write out the "success chance" algorithm, and it's starting to get late here.  But I am hoping to have an update for people to try out, if not tomorrow night, then sometime over the weekend!

On a side note, another major side benefit of using a working hotkey is that it will make my mod ~99.9% compatible with all other mods, as at that point I will modify ZERO default Vanilla objects, where currently I modify ~20 dialog references.

Beyond that, once I get this up and working, the next major thing I plan on adding is a bit of follower support, so that you can offer your current follower a turn with the victim, up to including engaging in a three way with your follower, with the victim being in the middle.  I was actually trying to get that to work earlier this week, but am having some scripting trouble with it, making sure that the targets get identified and passed along properly.

that sounds like a fantastic update, i can't wait! and i love the follower support thing. I used to keep 2 followers with me with waxen's old rape mod so they would essentially go off and rape 2 people in combat while i took a third, looked very hot, but i got sick of the animations that came with it and stopped using it. But if once i'm finished with that damn bandit i can pass her off to my cohort for sloppy seconds while i go get another one...well that's awesome!

but ya also i really like the kind of "broken" state they enter after being raped, its fun walking by npcs still where you left them and just kinda glance at them "ya i made you my bitch"

(Since I'm currently at work, this post is as much for myself to jot down some notes as it is for others to get an idea of what to expect.)

This is very much pseudo-code, but my thinking so far for the success algorithm is going to basically be:

SuccessChance = RandomInt(0,100)
If Target.Health% < 50%
	If SuccessChance < (((50 - Target.Health%) * Player.Health%)) + ((Player.Speech - Target.Speech)/4) + (Player.Level - Target.Level))
		Success!
	Else
		Fail!
	EndIf
EndIf

So basically, you have 3 major components, the target's current health vs yours, the target's speech vs yours, the target's level vs yours.

To run the math out a bit, let's take three scenarios, Victim outmatched, Player outmatched, Victim vs Player ~even.

1st Scenario:

Victim health is at ~10%, Player's is ~90%, Victim speech is 20 and level 10, Player's speech is 80 and level 30.

(50-10)*.9 + ((80-20)/4) + (30-10)

36 + 15 + 20 = 71% chance at success

2nd Scenario

Victim health is at ~40%, Player's is ~25%, Victim speech is 50 and level 30, Player's speech is 30 and level 20.

(50-40)*.25 + ((30-50)/4) + (20-30)

2.5 - 5 - 10 = -12.5% chance at success! (WILL NEVER SUCCEED!)

3rd Scenario:

Victim health is at ~25%, Player's is ~75%, Victim speech is 30 and level 20, Player's speech is 50 and level 25.

(50-25)*.75 + ((50-30)/4) + (25-20)

18.75 + 5 + 5 = 28.75% chance at success

So, as you can see, success is not guaranteed, but these chances are per attempt, and you can attempt multiple times, with a short cooldown on the ability (this cooldown time will be adjustable to make it easier/harder for you, between 5-15s).

Will add an option to give a debug.notification for your SuccessChance roll vs Difficulty Check, so you can tell if it's hopeless, like scenario #2, or if you just need to try again.

To offset this change, since I will be adding a RNG element upfront, I will be lowering the difficulty of the "Resist" Intimidate check currently present from "VeryHard" to "Normal".

Also, because of this change, on success, all you have done is effectively "dropped combat", and you still need to talk to the NPC to initiate anything.  (This part of the mod will not change!)  As such, since this algorithm will potentially work if the NPC is simply <50%, I will change the check on the actual dialog from <= 20% to <= 50%.

Will also probably add some kind of modifier to account for their Morale level.  Feared NPC's would submit easier than Enranged ones, for instance.

As much as i think that's a great formula to do it, i think you should weight the health much more heavily than you're doing. In scenario 1, that's a pretty clear cut example of Player dominating the NPC, Level is much higher, speech is higher, and he kicked the other guy's ass too. If i look at those stats there, i'm seeing a fight that's over in a few seconds, like for me 2-3 hits from my sword and boom done. So that is a minion, a bandit, an apprentice mage, whatever the case may be, the fight is VERY easy...and you only have 71% chance of success.

Again under normal circumstances that's actually fine, however i personally run SkyRe, where everything is tuned to my level or higher as per the SkyRe combat scaling. So take out the level factor for anyone playing with Skyre, or more acurately they get a 0 added in. So in the above example, even though i walked in a whipped this chumps butt up and down, i'm stuck at a 51% chance of success.

Just throwing that out there, with RNG and resisting intimidate...if i can only succeed 1 out of 5 attempts, even though i walked in and kicked the snot out of them...that's just not a whole lot of fun

Mayhap you should switch to absolute health values, that is points instead of %-of-max. In my test with a 2h-character I had real problems procuring test subjects as they always died too swiftly (due to Skyrim's inherently bad balance, this problem does disappear at ~lvl18 - now I die too swiftly; but still).

I see nothing wrong with it either: Lank weakling intimidated by bulky warrior hulk? Seems reasonable enough.

... Also, mayhap add a fear effect (even better: an AI package that makes them cower but not run) to those who are done with? It feels a bit odd to see them walk around as if nothing happened.

Even if the chance seems somewhat low (As you said, in your scenario, at best a 51%), remember, that chance is 'per attempt', so after the ability's cooldown is up (settable from 5-15s) you can try again.  And again.  And again, until you succeed.

That being said, I'm sure I will definitely be playing with the algorithm.  I don't want 100% success scenarios, since quite frankly, some people are not going to give up and accept being raped as an alternative, even if they are hopelessly outmatched, but I also don't want it to habitually be a ~<10% chance to succeed as well.

As I said, this is just to get something down for reference later tonight after work when I can start testing a bit.  I also plan on adding a bonus/penalty based on their morale state (fear vs frenzied).  And I also will likely just add an overall "difficulty" slider in the MCM to the mix, so that no matter the final algorithm used, if your particular play setup makes the outcome too punishing, like for instance all enemies == your level or higher no matter what as in your case, you can offset that condition a bit.

I very well may just end up making the actual algorithm more forgiving overall, and just cap the end result at 75% or something, so there will always be some element of RNG involved, knowing you can just try again after the cooldown.

Also, the "resist intimidate" check on the first round will be made significantly easier, dropped from a "VeryHard" to a "Normal".  Additionally, given that each attempt is RNG based, there will be no need to reset their health% to ~30% if you have to refight them for a bit, so they will remain at whatever health% they were after the first round of intimidate checks.

Mayhap you should switch to absolute health values, that is points instead of %-of-max. In my test with a 2h-character I had real problems procuring test subjects as they always died too swiftly (due to Skyrim's inherently bad balance, this problem does disappear at ~lvl18 - now I die too swiftly; but still).

I see nothing wrong with it either: Lank weakling intimidated by bulky warrior hulk? Seems reasonable enough.

... Also, mayhap add a fear effect (even better: an AI package that makes them cower but not run) to those who are done with? It feels a bit odd to see them walk around as if nothing happened.

I thought about doing absolute health values, but I am concerned that when using that alone scaling could easily become wonky.

For instance, Player A / Bandit A vs Player B / Bandit B

Player A: 100/100 HP = 100%

Bandit A: 25/100 HP = 25%

Player B: 1000/1000 HP = 100%

Bandit B: 250/1000 HP = 25%

In both scenarios the player has 100% of their life & the bandit has 25% of their life, so the scaling in the algorithm would basically be the same from level 1 to level ###.

However, the delta between absolute life for Player A vs Bandit A is 75 HP, but it's 750 HP for Player B vs Bandit B.  Which means that even thought the relative power between the Player and Bandit within each group is the same, the significant raw number increase in group B would give that player a huge increase in their chances, which seems wonky.

So yeah, what I listed a few posts ago is a first draft and I am sure it will undergo some refinement, but I'm hesitant to just use absolute health by itself.

As to the fear effect, yeah, that was something I looked into about the same time I added the option to rob them, but I had trouble getting it to work, so I set it aside, as it was mostly just a cosmetic thing.  But I would like to add that, because yeah, them just standing there going 'derp' after their rapist strolls on by seems a bit odd. :dodgy:

But since I have to go out of town on business Sun morning and will be without my Skyrim machine until Fri evening at the earliest, for now I just want to focus on getting the hotkey functional and available for people to try out, and then based on feedback I may or may not get over the week while I'm gone, I can tweak the algorithm as needed when I get back and then worry about other fun stuff to add.

I think I am leaning towards something like:

(((50 - Target.Health%) * Player.Health%) + ((Player.Speech - Target.Speech)/4) + (Player.Level - Target.Level)) + 25

with a cap of 75%.  So once you get them to 50%, even if you have the same speech and the same level, under the original algorithm, you would have had a 0% chance.  This small tweak will start you at 25%.

So for the sake of running out the numbers, let's assume the player's life stays at 75% the entire time, then the progression would look something like this, and their speech and level are equal:

Player 75%, Bandit 50% = 25% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 40% = 32.5% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 30% = 40% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 20% = 47.5% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 10% = 55% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 01% = 61.75% success per attempt

Obviously, if the player's % is higher, the success rate will go up.  For instance, same scenario, but the player stays at 90% the entire time:

Player 75%, Bandit 40% = 34% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 30% = 43% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 20% = 52% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 10% = 61% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 01% = 69.1% success per attempt

Conversely, if the players % drops, the success rate will go down.  Say the player's health was 50%:

Player 75%, Bandit 40% = 30% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 30% = 35% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 20% = 40% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 10% = 45% success per attempt

Player 75%, Bandit 01% = 49.5% success per attempt

From this base number, you have a flat additive factor of the the difference in speech skill, effectively +/- .25 to the total success chance per point of difference in the speech (if the player's speech is worse, it lowers the chance).

Similarly level, which is a flat +/- 1 to the total success chance per level difference.

Will also add a morale modifier, not sure the amount, but will be +/- # depending on feared vs frenzied.

And capping the upper limit at 75% so there will always be a RNG component even if you are thoroughly dominating the NPC.

I think that will probably hit a better bell curve "sweet spot" across a wider spectrum of player vs NPC scenarios.

That sounds like an appropriate setup to me ;) As long as there is some kind of slider like you said just in case it ends up being too tedious and getting Fail...Fail...Fail....Fail...Fail...oh fuck it...Decapitate...

So aiming for either tonight or this weekend huh, is that follower thing a part of that or is that for later?

Follower will definitely be later.  I am still struggling with the scripting and making it even work, so I will be holding off on that entirely until later.  I can get the dialog branch to trigger properly, that's the easy part.  Getting the scripting, or more importantly, the appropriate targets set in the script that is nicely contained in a single dialog papyrus fragment, that's what is currently eluding me.

I sent a PM to Spaceman, because he more or less does in his Romance mod what I am trying to do via dialog, but he didn't release the sources for the scripts, so I can't really see how he did certain things.  Hopefully he will be able to help me avoid havint to re-invent the wheel!

This feature, however, I have functionally working, I just haven't added the algorithm and whatnot yet.  As of last night, I'm simply just doing a If (RandomInt(0,100) >= 50) or whatever just to test the basic concept.

Not enough hours in the evening sometimes! :-/

Hè, when I suggested to move to absolute health values, I did not want to implicate to move away from multiplications.

... Mayhap I worded it badly, what I had in mind was a check of A:=actorACurrentHealth vs. B:=actorBCurrentHealth which may be of the general form "if A/B > threshold do ...". Only for the relation between current and maximum health I see no place in there.

Yes, this would open the door for perfectly healthy people to give up and face their fate at the hands of another, but then - that is the rational thing to do for the lowly level 1 bandit who will die on the first hit by anything remotely weaponish.

- Now, however, I have a different concern: Is it really desirable that the surrender - which may not actually end up in rape - be always and in all cases triggered by the superior fighter? Should not often the inferior one take its chance for mercy and throw away the weapons that will not save its life in any chance? Nothing stops the player from killing an inconvenient surrenderer still. Thinking about it, would to offer surrender not be most sensible when no other foe is around anymore? It would be an action that required some concentration, which might kill one in a realistic setting if not spent on killing first. But then, there is a gameplay mechanic already there to negotiate surrender: To sheathe one's weapons. Who surrenders to whom could then be decided by the relationship between A and B.

... Control complexity is the greatest barrier nowadays for player controlled abilities.

Hè, when I suggested to move to absolute health values, I did not want to implicate to move away from multiplications.

... Mayhap I worded it badly, what I had in mind was a check of A:=actorACurrentHealth vs. B:=actorBCurrentHealth which may be of the general form "if A/B > threshold do ...". Only for the relation between current and maximum health I see no place in there.

Yes, this would open the door for perfectly healthy people to give up and face their fate at the hands of another, but then - that is the rational thing to do for the lowly level 1 bandit who will die on the first hit by anything remotely weaponish.

- Now, however, I have a different concern: Is it really desirable that the surrender - which may not actually end up in rape - be always and in all cases triggered by the superior fighter? Should not often the inferior one take its chance for mercy and throw away the weapons that will not save its life in any chance? Nothing stops the player from killing an inconvenient surrenderer still. Thinking about it, would to offer surrender not be most sensible when no other foe is around anymore? It would be an action that required some concentration, which might kill one in a realistic setting if not spent on killing first. But then, there is a gameplay mechanic already there to negotiate surrender: To sheathe one's weapons. Who surrenders to whom could then be decided by the relationship between A and B.

... Control complexity is the greatest barrier nowadays for player controlled abilities.

Ahh, I think I see what you are saying now.  25/100 is the same as 250/1000.  Well, the reason I didn't really go with that twofold:

1) caster NPCs would automatically be easier, and caster players would probably be at a disadvantage.  And just because you're not a hulking barbarian doesn't mean a mage can't melt face and subdue someone.

2) The expectation is that there is combat first.  We don't run around with a number over our head advertising our levels, so an NPC won't really know if we are a badass or some level 1 noob until we cross blades.  Until you get the NPC to <=50% health, they really have no reason to surrender even if they never had a chance to win, as they simply don't know that yet.  Until that point, you're just some schmuck they are going to rob/kill/etc.  So, you will need to rough them up first.  But if you *are* a bad ass, the time it takes to rough them up will be very quick, indeed.  :P

As to the rest, the whole point of revising the existing mod to using a hotkey is that by doing so, I am able to 100% remove any modifications done to default Skyrim files.  Since there already is a default flee/bleedout mechanic, I don't really want to mess with that.

But you really should. Stacking similar systems atop each other is just bad practice. It may be good for compatibility but is bad in all other aspects, including the paramount one: Usability.

Considering how worthless the vanilla system is, either extend or replace it but do not just leave it in. It is not even employed anywhere important, as far as I am aware.

... Regarding 1): Psychology. The pysically imposing will always dominate more easily. Does it not work in yourself the same way? A caster can compensate with illusion magic - indeed, due to its very restrictive level hard caps (woefully bad design decisision, if you ask me; yay consoles) only a character who has sacrificed at least part of its melee potential can, so these are two separate factors which may be balanced against each other.

Considering that my own characters always seem to be far behind the NPCs in terms of health come level ~20 - even the dedicated melee fighter I have right now - either a function with flat edges ("diminishing returns" in both directions from 0 as "A equal to B") or some form of hard cap would be advisable, I do concede that.

... And 2): The most realistic scenario would probably evolve like this: Combat starts. Actor A vs. actors B, C, D. Actor C's face melts. Actor D loses its head. Actor B drops its weapons and starts begging. I am not confident that the technical capabilities suffice to implement such conduct, but it would be the most agreeable. After all, in a combat situation - especially when outnumbered - it cannot really be expected that one look out for the foe's willingness to give up and call it a day; it has to be obvious or it would go unnoticed. "Better save than sorry" and all that.

Beyond that, once I get this up and working, the next major thing I plan on adding is a bit of follower support, so that you can offer your current follower a turn with the victim, up to including engaging in a three way with your follower, with the victim being in the middle.  I was actually trying to get that to work earlier this week, but am having some scripting trouble with it, making sure that the targets get identified and passed along properly.

70606e3fd2cef20401d19073b1bb2c7ff9a68275

Agreed Squall, very much looking forward to updates on this mod. I wish i could help out or make mods like this, sadly i can't even seem to get my followers in make in CK to even get around that damn different color face thing...

Select your Follower's entry in the Actor tab (As in just highlight the entry, not open it to edit) and then hit Ctrl+F4.  Should say something was exported, grey face should be gone!

/confetti

• 07JUN13, ~2330 CST:
  • Added Hotkey support!  Use your Thu'um on your victims, 'Shouting' at them to submit!  :cool:   Removed reliance on edited DialogGeneric quest topics, namely ~20 Flee and Bleedout entries.  Combat is now attempted to be dropped via a configurable Hotkey.  Once combat is dropped, the rest of the mod still performs via dialog as always.
  • Added MCM functionality to configure the Hotkey, the 'Submit Shout' cooldown, Debug.Notification on use if you want to see the success check on each attempt, and also a mod activate option to suppress the Hotkey functionality (Dialog options will still work)
  • Removed 100% of any default Skyrim files that were edited in past versions of the mod.
  • Due to the RNG nature of the new shout mechanic, I lowered the SpeechcraftVeryHard check on the first Submit Declare to SpeechcraftNormal.

I described the hotkey a bit more in detail on the front page.

Based on feedback, I may tweak the algorithm as needed.  I feel once you get them to <=50%, it quickly becomes very forgiving and shouldn't be too tedious and punitive trying to succeed, while also not being a 100% guarantee.

Otherwise, the next feature I plan on trying to get working is the follower support.

hmm, not working here, I checked the debug too, worked down the health to like 20% It said "target submits" the girl went neutral too and then nothing, no animation start no dialog options (can't even speak with her), what should happen anyway? does it autostarts once the target submitted? by the way I'm trespassing, could that be the problem? because after 3-4 seconds of neutral she goes full bonkers and attacks me again while calling the guards. I'm talking about the girl in pelagia farm in front of whiterun. I sneaked in while they were sleeping, sneak killed the guy and tried humping the girl.
I'll try in on some regular bandits too and check if it works or not

hmm, not working here, I checked the debug too, worked down the health to like 20% It said "target submits" the girl went neutral too and then nothing, no animation start no dialog options (can't even speak with her), what should happen anyway? does it autostarts once the target submitted? by the way I'm trespassing, could that be the problem? because after 3-4 seconds of neutral she goes full bonkers and attacks me again while calling the guards. I'm talking about the girl in pelagia farm in front of whiterun. I sneaked in while they were sleeping, sneak killed the guy and tried humping the girl.

I'll try in on some regular bandits too and check if it works or not

Yeah, that was something else entirely happening there.  You killed a "family" member, and there is an overriding quest/script called WIKill05 or something, that basically locks up the NPC as they do a "crouch in fear" every few seconds.  That state lasts for 240seconds of REAL time, so 4 minutes.

After that, they return to normal.

That state doesn't just affect this mod, it affects *everything*, meaning you can't do jack all with that NPC (except kill them) until the period is over.  I experienced the same thing in Whiterun with Adrianne, the blacksmith next to Breezehome, when I killed her husband.

I had previously edited that file and lowered the period down to 30s, but I decided to remove it because I wanted to remove possible conflicts by not editing any source Skyrim files, and my mod was primarily aimed at the jerks out in the world at large (bandits/necros/etc), although it should be able to technically work on most any NPC (Guards are tricky, as they will re-agro if you have a large enough bounty even if the shout succeeds)

I guess I'll add those to known quirks.