High Res textures

Hello all, I'm looking for advice on making the high res textures in oblivion. In case I'm wrong on what they're called they're the files that end with an _n. Anyway I've been wanting to update my Frankenstein mod with a high res texture, but I apparently can only seem to make them in very high gloss. I even tried converting existing ones and cropping them together but somewhere during the conversion process they get the same high gloss effect. So any Tips?

The _n is the normal map it can have lower resolution than the texture.

The xxx.dds 4096x4096 and the xxx_n.dds 2048x2048.

And the _n map can cause the glow, shine, wet effect. It's a bit tricky to make a good _n map.

Best you use an existing _n map

In this high res textures pack you have body textures with different pubic hair and areolas.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/20022/

Choose the one you like, and choose the no wet effect version. Watch the xxx.dds to see pubic hair and areolas. Then copy the corresponding xxx_n.dds. Now you have your xxx_n.dds map, don't change or resize it.

And the xxx.dds you can rework. Change color, add Scar or tattoos, increase the resolution ( but more than 4096 is stupid, You also will not see any difference between 2048  and 4096. It's Oblivion, it's a old game )

That way, you do not have to create a _n.dds Map, you only create/change the .dds.

Thanks for the link I'm sure I'll use that later (I somehow lost my base imperial one). Trouble is I wanted to create a _n map for my Frankenstein race because its very unique. The Frankensteinian is made up of pieces of different races including human, khajiit, argonian, and others. So I needed to make an _n map that could enhance the multiple skin types that it possesses. Since it has scales, fur and normal skin no existing _n map can do the job.

Archived