Nude Bottom with Buttcrack for YA/A Females

View File
  • IMPORTANT: This post has two files for download. One is a package file containing a non-default nude bottom, the other is a .wso mesh file for use in TSR Workshop. The .wso file is only for those among you who want to use the mesh for your own creations/editing other peoples' creations and is NOT to be put in your mods folder! If you only want the nude bottom and aren't planning on creating/editing anything yourself, don't download the .wso file. You have no use for it.

• This CC is completely free

• You can modify it in any way you want and I don't really care about being credited. That said, if you make changes to it, I simply ask two things:
    1. If you decide to upload it somewhere, keep it free. Don't put it behind a paywall.
    2. Share it with me. There are lots of talented creators out there who can no doubt improve on my stuff and I'd love to see where you take it. Even if you don't think what you've made is very good, share it anyway. Your basic idea might inspire me or someone else to improve it further or to make something entirely new based on your design.

• If you have requests, try me. The worst that can happen is you get a no. Just don't ask me to mesh. I only do textures/retextures and I wouldn't even call myself an expert at that.

Details:

• This is a non-default nude bottom made from PRETTY LADY BABIES' decrapified ITF leggings mesh. It gives the butt an actual crack, instead of something that's just painted on and it looks really great compared to most of what else is out there. I mainly use it as a workaround for bodysuits and swimsuits to give them an actual thong/wedgie look, which is achieved by categorizing the suits as tops instead of full body outfits.
    If anyone here is a master mesher and would like to try their hand at combining this with a nude top to make a full body nude outfit, you would make me a very happy camper! Most of the bodysuits and swimsuits I've made really belong in the outfits category, but since there's no full body nude outfit out there and the only alternative is to use the EA swimsuits as a base mesh - none of which have buttcracks - this is the only way I've found to make them look (almost) right.

• There's a creator over at TSR called Bill Sims who makes some pretty good bodysuits as tops that go really well with this bottom. Here's just one example of his work that I use in my game: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-female/title/wrapped-strapless-bodysuit/id/1411544/
    The only "flaw" with this design is the fact that he's made the string part recolorable along with the rest of the suit. It gives the impression of a really wide string that separates the buttocks. That may seem like a plausible design for really skinny sims, but if you like more curvy women (as I do) it just looks a little weird and unrealistic. You usually don't see the string on women with more plump butts IRL. It disappears between their scrumptious curves, the way Mother Nature intended ;)
    As you may have noticed with some of my designs, my "trick" is to make the string as thin as possible and completely black, so it blends in with the natural color of the buttcrack and essentially becomes invisible.

• I don't know how to make default replacements, so if that's what you want, you're welcome to make it yourself (and please share). If you can find me a tutorial on it somewhere, I might do it, but I'm no master modder with huge insight into how s3pe and other tools work and I don't have the time or the patience to spend hours or days figuring it out, so it has to be fairly simple to do.

• Base game compatible with version 1.67 (haven't tried it on earlier versions, but it should work, as the mesh is a standalone)
  • For young adult and adult females
  • Enabled for all categories

Defects:

• The ITF leggings mesh creates a slight seam around the belly that I haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of. It's not too bad in game, but it's there. If you can do something to get rid of it, please share! It's been driving me crazy for more than a year!

Credits:

• PRETTY LADY BABIES for the ITF leggings mesh. The basic leggings (without the ugly panels that the original EA item came with) can be found here: http://prettyladybabies.tumblr.com/post/85997168564/prettyladybabies-itf-gr8-booty-leggings-a
  • I would have linked directly to PRETTY LADY BABIES' download of the .wso file as well, but as it's on tumblr and the post has no link to click that will take you to a standalone download page, the best I could have done was provide a page number. Only problem with that is PRETTY LADY BABIES still creates stuff for TS4 and the way tumblr works, every time she posts something new it'll show up on page 1, pushing all her older posts back. If I link to page 6 of her blog (where the post with the file is as of this moment), it won't be there anymore in a month or a year, making the link useless and sending you hunting for the file yourself anyway.
  • In case you were wondering, no I don't remember where I got the skin, eyes or hair for the model. If you recognize this as your work and find it important that I credit you, let me know.

UPDATE: Upon request, I've added a teen female version of this as well. Both the package and the .wso file are there.

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

BTW, the .wso mesh file is great if you download stuff like skinny jeans, leggings or yoga pants from other creators and want them to be even more skin tight and show off some booty. As long as the item is skin tight - as in the texture is more or less painted straight onto the skin and doesn't have all sorts of mesh details you don't want to lose (like flaring legs at the feet, raised pockets or belts and so on) - it's fairly straight forward to apply this mesh in TSRW.

An added bonus of using this:

Some creators use a base item - like the string bikini briefs - and just paint their new texture right on there without removing the original mesh/bumpmap. When they do this, the contours of the original item shows up on the new one. For any type of pants, this makes it look like your sim has a really thick version of the original item on underneath and for panties - especially ones that are smaller than the original - it looks like your sim has some sort of weird reverse compression marks on their skin. You know, the kind you get around your ankles from your socks or around your waist from your pants/underpants when your clothes are a little too tight, except instead of depressions into the skin, this phenomenon makes it look like your sim's clothes have sucked their skin out from their body and made it all bumpy. It can make an otherwise really nice design look absolutely horrible! Apply this mesh and that effect goes away :smile:

This is pretty simple to do, so even if you don't consider yourself a modder, it doesn't require much on your part. If anyone would like a tutorial on how to do this, so you can give all your panties and skin tight pants that yummy wedgie look, let me know and I'll gladly explain how to do it :smile:

Alright!

Giving these a shot now. If I take a look at them in s3pe myself, there may be an option to set the location flags to an accessory location myself. If so and am successful, I'll follow up with the instructions.

These could end up a must have for all KW users unless/until a default replacer is made (if ever).

If you've ever seen a screenshot of a sims nude rear when bent over, you'd understand immediately :tongue:

23 minutes ago, landess said:

Alright!

Giving these a shot now. If I take a look at them in s3pe myself, there may be an option to set the location flags to an accessory location myself. If so and am successful, I'll follow up with the instructions.

These could end up a must have for all KW users unless/until a default replacer is made (if ever).

If you've ever seen a screenshot of a sims nude rear when bent over, you'd understand immediately :tongue:

I've been Googling how to make default replacements and from what I can find it's a pretty hefty undertaking that includes use of s3oc, which is a program I've never used.

However, one of the results that came up was from here, mentioning a user called Geck.O who apparently made some default replacement nudy things once. If he's still active and interested in this, maybe you could get him to take a crack at it (pun FULLY intended) :smile:

Ignore the Following - It is incorrect but is being left as an example of what NOT to do!!!!  -Landess

Well, nothing is as easy as we want it to be, but I got very lucky..... yay!

1) Using s3pe I did a drag and drop of your .package and turned off compression, and allowed it to load. (I had your file on an external drive so it copied it, instead of moving it)

2) At the top of the list of 'files' was one named CASP, I selected it and went to the bottom of s3pe and hit the button named GRID.

3) In the new window I found the location for your mod, listed as BOTTOM. I clicked on it and a 'drop-down' menu arrow appeared at the end of this line.

4) Clicking this arrow showed a list of all possible locations. I chose 1st Accessory and hit the 'commit' button at the bottom of this window.

5) At the top/left of s3pe I chose 'file', and did a SAVE AS. I chose NewBooty and hit OK. Then closed s3pe. (I saved the file to desktop to easily find it)

After 'installation' the new package appeared in accessories, using a generic 'hand' icon, and was the first one below head accessories IIRC. I tested this as follows:

I opened CAS using Master Controller. I changed the bottoms she was wearing from jeans to a see-through bikini. Then going to accessories, I equipped the 'new' mod and nothing changed. I also had KW panties equipped and they were colored with horizontal stripes for easy visual identification of extra cheek curvature. Now returning to the bottoms section I zoomed in and then changed from the bikini to a super-short miniskirt which was open to reveal panties/nudity. Presto change o - The stripes changed shape to show the mod was working. I then switched back to the see-through bikini and returned to the game world.

Now in-game, using KW menu options, I had her 'remove bottoms' and now quite obviously the pantie stripes changed from semi flat to a pronounced wedgie. Finally I zoomed in as close as possible with a good angle and had her 'remove panties' and the curvature remained the same.

Mission accomplished!

Thank you so much for creating and posting this mod. It will get a lot of use, but will force me to take around 50 sims into CAS and change most every category to include this 'new' accessory. I also have the original installed as well since I can use KW panties as bikini bottoms over your mod as intended in addition to the accessory mod at the same time without conflict. They just swap when 'legit' bottoms are removed.

Finally: If you do this yourself then you can rightfully take credit for the work and possibly add a proper ICON to the accessory page for DL alongside the original.

The things we do for love.... ( oh-oh )  - Freddy Mercury RIP

*now if we could get Geck.O to make this available for teens..... His work on morphing nipples and realistic 'privates' are top shelf.

Thanks for the play-by-play :smile:

1 hour ago, landess said:

If you do this yourself then you can rightfully take credit for the work and possibly add a proper ICON to the accessory page for DL alongside the original.

Why on Earth would I take credit for any of that? All I did was take a mesh someone else made and put it on a nude bottom. You did the rest, so why don't you just upload it? I don't play KW, so I have no need for it as an accessory, but I'm sure everyone else who does will appreciate what you did. Credit me if you want, but all I really care about is getting my stuff out there for others to enjoy. If someone else can take it to another level that brings even more joy to even more people, that's just an awesome bonus! :smile:

As for the icon thing, you've already shown more proficiency with s3pe than I can brag of, so I'm sure you can figure it out (if you haven't already). Dog knows I never did, so if you get it done, another play-by-play would be much appreciated :smile: I have some things I'd like to add custom thumbnails to, but the "best" tutorial I ever found was pretty confusing and I never got around to it.

1 hour ago, landess said:

*now if we could get Geck.O to make this available for teens.....

I think I might have something lying around... I almost never play with teens, so it'll take some digging. I'm not making any promises, though. I may not be able to find it among the tons of crap I've accumulated, but I'll put it up if I do.

I feel particularly stupid at the moment. I'd like to delete the above post I made, but will leave it for posterity while adding a header edit denouncing the validity of it's contents. I will explain....

I had first tried to set it to accessory by adding to s3pe compressed and using the socks location and it failed horribly. The skin texture had problems and the waist and ankles didn't match up - Misshapen legs were also evident. When I tried the way I listed above, everything seemed fine, but in reality the icon was for nails which had hidden behind others being worn. Any change I 'saw' was simply the default bottom being exposed, and after a few hours of trying to prove/disprove whether it worked I came to a conclusion: I don't know enough to be messing with this stuff and misleading anyone else is something I'd rather not do.

While trying to find a difference even with your mod I could find none other than a tiny almost imperceivable change at the very bottom where the buttocks meet the thighs when compared to the nude body. Even the default leggings these were based on found in accessories had the same results as nude. Therefore I submit the nude body I have installed was based on this shape already so everything I saw was simply it being exposed :frown:

So I beg forgiveness of anyone whom may have already tried this and found it doesn't work.

Your mod works just fine as is since it does exactly what you want it to. For anyone without the particular body I use (Geck.O) they would see a major difference.

I'm going to go cry now....

8 minutes ago, landess said:

I'm going to go cry now....

Don't beat yourself up too badly.

Knowing what you don't know is grossly underrated. In fact, the first step in learning anything is figuring out what knowledge you're missing. You did that. Now, stick with it and go find what you need to make what you want :smile:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 1:57 AM, joebno said:

i got the game from steam. where do i drop the file?

You drop it where you drop all your other custom content. If you don't know where that is (as I suspect you don't), you might want to look around for an answer to that.

Not knowing about Steam, I can't tell you if their folder structure is different from EA's. Sorry...

You're going to have to do some legwork on your own here. There are plenty of people out there in Interwebzland who have made easy to follow tutorials, so I would suggest googling "how to load custom content into sims 3 on steam" or something to that effect. The answer is out there and shouldn't be too hard to find.

Happy hunting and thanks for downloading my stuff :)