UnOfficial ENG Translation Project (Bone Motion Exporter released. 31/May/2018)

Otakadelic

6 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

Great! Give me a little time to examine. 

Sorry to interrupt you. I import the .mpm to Blender and saw clearly the motion is wrong.

@dogcookie, you must ensure the motion works well in Blender before exporting it to DOALR. I think there is some problem when you import MMD motion into Blender.

All the frame seems to have no problem related to upper body bones, but things go wrong with lower limbs. Possibly MMD self-adjusted the foot  it with its built-in IK. when exporting to .mpm all the IK information was lost.

11 hours ago, ryuhayabusa94 said:

Sorry to interrupt you. I import the .mpm to Blender and saw clearly the motion is wrong.

@dogcookie, you must ensure the motion works well in Blender before exporting it to DOALR. I think there is some problem when you import MMD motion into Blender.

All the frame seems to have no problem related to upper body bones, but things go wrong with lower limbs. Possibly MMD self-adjusted the foot  it with its built-in IK. when exporting to .mpm all the IK information was lost.

Thanks for the advise. But I still think it's the problem inside MDT. The animation is working fine after converted to Mocap format. The problem is only showed up after imported into MPM.

19 minutes ago, dogcookie said:

Thanks for the advise. But I still think it's the problem inside MDT. The animation is working fine after converted to Mocap format. The problem is only showed up after imported into MPM.

Can you describe more details how you converted this data from MMD (.vmd file, right?) to mpm?  Which tool you used? i am sure Movies Data Tool is not the problem. It just injects the motion data into mpm file, it does not change any data during importing.

1 hour ago, ryuhayabusa94 said:

Can you describe more details how you converted this data from MMD (.vmd file, right?) to mpm?  Which tool you used? i am sure Movies Data Tool is not the problem. It just injects the motion data into mpm file, it does not change any data during importing.

I created a simple tool with c++:

1 . Parsing the VMD binary to a collection of objects

2. Translate Japanese to English for bones

3. Add interpolations (adjustable based on custom logic to make animation more smooth)

4. Convert IKs (try and error)

5. Create mapping templates (bone mapping) 

6. Add  scale and offset (adjustable) 

7  Convert to Mocap format(can be loaded to other application for testing)

8  Import to mpm through MDT. 

Through this method, I can convert vmd into mpm with much smooth animation than the original mmd. Here is just one example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafDGdmMxE0

12 minutes ago, dogcookie said:

7  Convert to Mocap format(can be loaded to other application for testing)

8  Import to mpm through MDT. 

So you made a c++ script by your self. That is very interesting. I also love to get .vmd into DOA. Lots of good animation.

I assume Mocap format is .bvh, right? Can you load it other software to check if it works (3dmax maybe)?

From the motion of upper body limbs, I think you did a great job converting. Only some problem about the lower body.

And "6. Add  scale and offset (adjustable)" may cause problem. But because the upper body motion is ok, I think scaling is not the reason for error in lower body limbs.

This is what the early draft will be. Just finished Movie Data pane. 

Let me notice I briefly checked with few tdpacks and others. I believe ENG translation of MDT needs quick release so almost direct translation even uncertain or possibility of mistranslations.

First impression is brief descriptions of how to operate but few info for each params details and what the user should do.

Pls check these by experienced motion creators then I will fix and add by referring source files and other resources.

========================================================
About 'Movie Data' Tab
========================================================

Here you can edit movi data.
- Groups
  - Index

- Parameters
  - Index
    - Type of Parameters
    - Note (additional info)
    - 0 and larger numbers (Params data)

Be careful for following topics:
- The most of parameters are still unknown. If you noticed something then it would be very helpful to report and share.
- Any params with empty space can't modify. Also unselectable.
- Some of params might cause serious problems when modify.
- There is no undo function for modify operation.
- Any info on Note are additional information. For example if you change the character on Note but it won't affect movie data itself(=won't change character data).
- You can filtering params by combo-box located right top.
  For example, selecting 'hidden Minor'(TN: = Hide Minor params) at the box then displays params have additional info on Note.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Context Menu on Parameters
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Delete
    Delete selecting parameter.
- Insert
    Insert new parameter above of selected parameter.

Be careful for following topics.
- No undo function for delete operation.
- Some of params might cause serious problems by deleting. (Only 'Dirty' has confirmed.) (TN: unknown for which confirmation, safe or cause of serious problem.)
- You can't modify the type of params and number of data after insert operation.
- When inserting operation, the type of params have to be hex number.
- Following types can't delete nor insert. '0x003A' '0x0000' '0x0001'
- Following types can't insert above of these. '0x003A' '0x0000'

Under Pane
- '   '(TN: No name just spaces)
    Index
- Cut Name
    Name of the cut
- Cut Parameters
   DOF
     Edit the focus of background.
     - Depth
       The distance which has full sharpness.
     - Boundary Softness
       Softness of border area (TN:not fully grasped. could be mistranslation)
     - Amount1
     - Amount2
       Control sharpness. If one of them were 0 then full sharpness.

=====================================================
About 'Scene Data' Tab
=====================================================

Light Tab
You can edit light parameters.
- '   '(TN: No name just spaces)
    Index
- Name
    Name of the light group
Context Menu on above light list
- Copy
  Copy the params of selected light groups.

19 hours ago, dogcookie said:

Sorry Otakadelic, I really don't want to side track your thread.  I will post more stuff to my Animation thread.

Well you sparked me. How movie creators are passionate and how they achieved with very very limited info and resources. 

I just finished basic tools and TMC importer only, tmcmesh exp/imp and tmcbone exp and all other motion related materials are still untouched. 

My hesitation was this is like 10 story building and 3rd or 4th floor are about to complete then try to build penthouse then back to middle and fill the gap.

I was not so sure this is effective or meaningful. But I noticed 'Who cares!'

I will try my best to provide ENG resources quicker, rather than pursuing perfection. Then, experienced creators like you and ryu correct me after that.

3 minutes ago, ryuhayabusa94 said:

Much thanks Otakadelic for quick jump to MDT. Will try to see if I can test new things.

Sorry to take looong time to start to attack 450 line material. The reason of hesitation is above.

I probably can add meaningful info about wind. There is a detailed resource. I only can understand roughly half of them, but similar or acceptable wind brows.

http://doa5.webcrow.jp/?風について

Spoiler

WS000513.thumb.jpg.484394c08827be6acb554da4dbd5ad5e.jpgKasumi_dev_kit_preview.thumb.jpg.afd63665f6ad28eb9f7c60dd8ffd1bec.jpg

The other thing is about facial expressions.

This is untouched tdpack.

Spoiler

WS000514.thumb.jpg.6adc8bc97769227ede39e0faa6c774ef.jpg

You can't export or Adjust(=convert to other characters' facial movement). Only Import CSV is selectable. This is because the type of the motion is 'Curve' and you can change to 'Baked' by importing CSV from Blender (using other motion related importer/exporter). Then, Export CSV and Face bone conversion become selectable.

Spoiler

WS000515.thumb.jpg.6b2103881ec8531a7b72bff4718644a6.jpg

All I know are these two. Which means lots of areas remains uncertain or unclear(for me). But gathering pieces of information should be meaningful for everyone and hope some of them will be the triggers of yet other sparks.

14 minutes ago, Otakadelic said:

Well you sparked me. How movie creators are passionate and how they achieved with very very limited info and resources. 

I just finished basic tools and TMC importer only, tmcmesh exp/imp and tmcbone exp and all other motion related materials are still untouched. 

My hesitation was this is like 10 story building and 3rd or 4th floor are about to complete then try to build penthouse then back to middle and fill the gap.

I was not so sure this is effective or meaningful. But I noticed 'Who cares!'

I will try my best to provide ENG resources quicker, rather than pursuing perfection. Then, experienced creators like you and ryu correct me after that.

I think with those motion tools and plugins, theritically you can import the existing DOA5LR motion into Blender and export back after editing. But it's not that easy and I never tried. For me I just create a simple CSV editor which can cut, reverse, insert, and join them together with some interpolations and tempo adjustments for each segments. It's much easier than blender DopeSheet. Basically you can create endless alternative animations this way. I am using this method to adjust animations to match the background music (Alan Walker Faded animation).

18 minutes ago, dogcookie said:

I think with those motion tools and plugins, theritically you can import the existing DOA5LR motion into Blender and export back after editing. But it's not that easy and I never tried. For me I just create a simple CSV editor which can cut, reverse, insert, and join them together with some interpolations and tempo adjustments for each segments. It's much easier than blender DopeSheet. Basically you can create endless alternative animations this way. I am using this method to adjust animations to match the background music (Alan Walker Faded animation).

Oh then pls be our Mr.dotoku. Pls consider to put it on Github or somewhere else. 

The most of mods need screenshots and for me handful Win poses become limitations or the reason of pain. Now preview image need extra days or one week after mods' release.

But was out of imagine because I thought it requires motion captures and others maybe out of my range.

I better to try myself as movie modder. Now I desperately need alternative poses.

The most of charas are standing only and that is problem for my shameless yet very popular pantyless packs.

If I can convert one of kicking movements to win or defeat pose then screenshots become easy task...

24 minutes ago, Otakadelic said:

Oh then pls be our Mr.dotoku. Pls consider to put it on Github or somewhere else. 

The most of mods need screenshots and for me handful Win poses become limitations or the reason of pain. Now preview image need extra days or one week after mods' release.

But was out of imagine because I thought it requires motion captures and others maybe out of my range.

I better to try myself as movie modder. Now I desperately need alternative poses.

The most of charas are standing only and that is problem for my shameless yet very popular pantyless packs.

If I can convert one of kicking movements to win or defeat pose then screenshots become easy task...

Have you ever tried Cheat Engine. You can create any pose with it just like you do with Xnalara

29 minutes ago, Otakadelic said:

What would you want? Replacing win/defeat pose with some kick movement?

1 hour ago, dogcookie said:

Basically you can create endless alternative animations this way.

That sounds very good. Hope you can fix your c++ soon. We need more motions from other game and source to put into DOALR. For me the posing motion in Private Paradise is becoming a little boring now.

18 minutes ago, dogcookie said:

Have you ever tried Cheat Engine. You can create any pose with it just like you do with Xnalara

Yeah I've tried but simply not good enough, either limitation is myself or the CT code. The most of characters have well-designed, vivid and live motions during fighting scenes, not only attacking but receiving attacking also vivid and sometime beautiful enough. The fight replay function and Autolink combination can almost take any pictures from any angles but have to create desired situation. And fight replay can't go backward, and will end with exact time(usually within 1min) if I set slower movement by pressing F1.

Maybe this kind of preview is enough and better to move on to other characters or projects,

Spoiler

list-preview.thumb.jpg.42dbe2e58c0e934014c8885cee085458.jpg

However, as ex-semi-pro-photographer(long term), I tried to make these kind of preview. I took 150 shots under limited environment(can't go backward, can't make slower movement).

Spoiler

hitomi-preview1-web.thumb.jpg.f3150ce9f61e401daf836edc8ae5e13e.jpg

Ironically those are tougher or more efforts needed, compare to actual modding. Removing panties are easy for me now. Creating 'proper' preview become heavier.

25 minutes ago, ryuhayabusa94 said:

What would you want? Replacing win/defeat pose with some kick movement?

Win/Defeat movies are much easier to take shots and lot of things can do and control with Autolink. It would be perfect with the most of kicks and some of get attacked movements included and replace with  rarely use pose(s).

The most of characters are standing only(Kasumi is rare exception). When you do like peeping tom, you can take the evidence of inside of skirts but now face is out of frame. 

10 minutes ago, Otakadelic said:

And fight replay can't go backward, and will end with exact time(usually within 1min) if I set slower movement by pressing F1.

Wait. Backward maybe impossible because of limitation of DX9, but timer could turn into infinite by Cheat Engine?

2 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

Win/Defeat movies are much easier to take shots and lot of things can do and control with Autolink. It would be perfect with the most of kicks and some of get attacked movements included and replace with  rarely use pose(s).

The most of characters are standing only(Kasumi is rare exception). When you do like peeping tom, you can take the evidence of inside of skirts but now face is out of frame. 

got it. Your Kasumi will kick all  you want

11 hours ago, ryuhayabusa94 said:

So you made a c++ script by your self. That is very interesting. I also love to get .vmd into DOA. Lots of good animation.

I assume Mocap format is .bvh, right? Can you load it other software to check if it works (3dmax maybe)?

From the motion of upper body limbs, I think you did a great job converting. Only some problem about the lower body.

And "6. Add  scale and offset (adjustable)" may cause problem. But because the upper body motion is ok, I think scaling is not the reason for error in lower body limbs.

You are correct, it's offset issue due to the huge bone scales. You can see the skeleton is so huge when loaded into Blender.

blender-app 2018-05-18 09-16-49-762.mp4

Archived