Ant Swarms causing CTDs

So, I'm hunting down a cause of a CTD in Fallout Vore.  I had a user of my plug in report a crash when he was using the mod on Ant Swarms in Nuka World.  I went and confirmed that they are creating the CTD.  The mod teleports NPC actors to an unloaded holding cell while it performs calculations.  If the NPC would take enough damage to die while in the holding cell, Kill() or Killessential() is used to tag the predator for proper rewards.

Now, I've been able to repeatedly cause this CTD and it occurs when using Kill(), KillEssential(), or even the console command for kill with an ant swarm in the currently loaded cell (close enough for me to click it in the console).  Nothing in the actor data seems to be the root cause.  At first, I felt it was the keyword NoDisintegrate, but adding this KW to other actors didn't cause a CTD.

So there's gotta be something I'm overlooking.  Anyone got insight?

TIA!

I know i had a similar problem but i cannot remember the solution at the moment.

basically i had a mod that added the DLC creatures to all of the lists. (cannot remember the name of it)

and around the lake near Vault 81, there was a swarm which had an insanely high health and level, when i console kill it, i ctd

I think it had something with no level limit or something

I compared the race data of the swarms with the race data for ants (another nuka world critter) and nothing stuck out. So far, the swarm has been the only reported CTD since fallout vore 2.0 released last year.

i’ll look at the swarm level data. That’s at least a lead I can look into. I might also try a test of swapping the swarm nif model for something else and see if it has something to do with model data during a kill animation. 

Archived