[WIP]Bioasshard (New public version available)

LogoPNG.png

Hello everyone!
Here I am today to introduce you the game we, at Versus X Studio, have been working on.

Along with the introduction, there is a download link for the "Bioasshard Arena 0.1.18" (The link will be near the bottom but I recommend you to read this to get what you need to know all about this)

What is Bioasshard?
Spoiler

It's a 3D game developed in Unreal Engine 4.
It's a pun based on Biohazard (You guessed I think xD). It's an adult parody game based on the Resident Evil franchise.
So you can expect a survival-horror (action-oriented) with infected enemies that will try to get some "relief" on you.
The idea was born from our love to the Resident Evil franchise, specially to the 5th part. This one we played for over hundred hours. So yeah add this to our love for hentai games and the result? Bioasshard.
But don't think this is just based on the action orientation the franchise got from Resident Evil 5 on ahead. Because the second RE game we love the most is the 2ndone. So there will be puzzles and some scary moments too.

What about the story of Bioasshard?
Spoiler

One thing to keep in mind is: that the release we just made is Bioasshard Arena Playground, so this mean it’s not the game but the proof of concept for it so everyone can see how it is in its early stages of development. So there’s no story in the Arena. This said, the story for the game is already written.

Have you wondered what would of have happened if c*pcom wouldn't have destroyed Resident Evil with RE6?
Well we did and this is the result.
Bioasshard's plot occurs right after the events of Resi-Evil 5. A few months later to be more specific.
Avoiding spoilers, I'll tell a few of our heroes has been captured and held hostage in a god-forsaken island to be used in some unknown experiments... So they'll have to try and find an escape from there... And that's all I can say for now :/.

How is it gameplay-wise?
Spoiler

• 3rd person shooter. With over-the-shoulder camera and closer view with aiming.
  • I guess I can resume it saying: "it's like Resident Evil 5 with some extra mechanics like puzzles and with sexual-attacks".
  • As for the controls, I'd like to say I wanted it focused for gamepad-play but I have no pc-gamepad so I couldn't test it. The mechanics are there but untested. They should work but things like camera movement or aiming mechanics may feel rough. This obviously means you can play it with keyboard+mouse.

Adult content?

Spoiler

One thing to keep in mind is: with this release there’s no CGs so there’s only “one element” of adult content. This said:
It mainly focused on two types of content:
  1. Story-wise sex
  2. Enemy attacks, called Sexttacks. That's the main effect the new virus causes on infected people: To search uninfected targets to "force" them to have sex.
The first type is the one that happens because of the story. This one is more cinematic and of a better quality than the second one.
The sexttacks are the more common type (well it all depends on your skills to be honest :P). Right now, in the Arena, 3 different types are present.

Current state of the project?

Spoiler

It's been more than year since the development started. A lot of systems are already programmed and lots of them are already in the Arena.
The majority of the systems has been already discussed during the Meguido's Reports on Patreon.
I'd say the 90% or more of the player's mechanics are already done.
The Infected have a basic AI in place they spot/hear you, they chase you, they attack you, they stun you then they sexttack you wink.png.
Let's 'resume' it this way:
  • What it has
    • Resident Evil 2 Remake - alike character movement style
    • Walk
    • Run
    • Quick-turn
    • Jump up
    • Jump Down
    • Jump Over obstacles
    • Aiming system with fire-weapons
    • Aiming system with survival knife
    • Quick Knife Attack
    • Inventory (RE5-Style)
    • Inventory shortcuts (easy access to inventory slots)
    • Pause Menu
    • Main Menu (Title-screen)
    • Game Over Menu
    • Patch/DLC system
    • Interacting with: Doors, puzzles, items, key items...
    • Infected basic AI
    • Damage system based on damaged part for enemies (yeah aim for the head if you don't want to make it the hard way xD)
    • Damage system based on position to target for the Player (watch out for attacks from your back; they can get you stunned in no time)
    • Physical attack system / Reaction system to sexttacks (a very useful area range counter-attack to get rid of the enemies around you)
    • Climb ladders
    • Enemy item-drop-when-dead system (some drop always, some drop randomly)
    • Use Item system (like green/green+red/blue herbs)
    • Cloth damage system
    • Fix clothes system
    • Heal Inflation system
    • And a LOT more... make sure to read the ChangeLog in the README! file
    • Weapon upgrade system -not available yet in the Arena-
    • Mod system for Infected's appearance -not available yet in the Arena-
    • Save system -not available yet in the Arena-
    • Taunt -not available yet in the Arena-
    • Map -not available yet in the Arena (and not necessary in there I think xD)-
    • Gold system -not available yet in the Arena-
  • What it does not have (yet)
    • More types of Infected (lickers, crows... you know the beloved fauna of the Resident Evil universe)
    • Group sexttacks (the possibility for more enemies to join the party :3)
    • More weapon types (only two in the Arena right now: pistol and survival-knife)
    • Physical damage system (you know that feeling when you shot an enemy to the leg to go near him to get a context action attack to crush him down or get on his back to break his neck)
    • An Intermission screen (with a shop and where the weapon upgrade system is placed)
    • A difficulty mode selection screen (you know, for different kind of players)
  • What we want to add
    • A proper physics interaction system (with real interactions and collisions for boobies and all)
    • Transition animations for sexttacks (instead of that black fade out)
    • Smoother transitions for the different animations overall
    • Bosses, of course
    • QTE-sequences (that op Chris combo-ing that gigantic rock in the middle of a volcano <3)
    • And a lot more of that Resident Evil-esque universe stuff
    •  

Media

Download link

Spoiler

(Controls are included in the Readme file)

Known Bugs / Glitches

Take a closer look at it in the README! file

• Spoiler

• In some rare occasions an enemy can get stuck in wall or some furniture (this is probably caused after jumping)
    • Sometimes the enemy acts too retarded and just stays in place waiting for his upcoming death (take it as a free kill for now lol)
    • Sometimes after shooting an enemy he will fly to the floor just to end up in a basic stand up idle animation when he should end up lying in the floor
    • Sometimes, specially right after an enemy jumped over an obstacle, when you shoot said enemy it will change his animation to laying on floor
    • The Cerberus may enter berserk state making one attack just right after the other in a loop (don’t try to shoot him right away, try to runaway instead, then aim again, for now lol)
    • The Cerberus won't play his Sexttacks animations nor Grab ones (his code was made too fast and need some rework to make it work properly)
    • There may be some enemies that don’t want to move, more like walking/running in place (this one is UE4’s navmesh system fault, not ours. Maybe someday will see a bug-free UE4 version… maybe someday)

Hope you like it. Please enjoy and share!

Any feedback is (as always) welcome :blush:
If you like what you see, you can support the project on Patreon (and also, spread the word everywhere, so everyone can find about this project)

Just... wow!

The potential for this is fantastic. Looking forward to losing to a variety of horny infected :tongue: Keep it up!

I liked what you've done with the sex attacks - different positions, angles, tummy inflation?! But it was almost over too quick, is there perhaps a way to let the animation continue if you want it to (like a give up?) A game over scene or something?

EDIT: Oh and I did have performance issues during the 'event' at the top of the ladder.

I'm going to keep my eye on this one, thanks for the hard work ;)

22 hours ago, paddy01 said:

Just... wow!

The potential for this is fantastic. Looking forward to losing to a variety of horny infected :tongue: Keep it up!

I liked what you've done with the sex attacks - different positions, angles, tummy inflation?! But it was almost over too quick, is there perhaps a way to let the animation continue if you want it to (like a give up?) A game over scene or something?

EDIT: Oh and I did have performance issues during the 'event' at the top of the ladder.

I'm going to keep my eye on this one, thanks for the hard work ;)

Thanks for your words! :smiley:

We're considering to add an option to the settings menu (when available) to let anyone configure the duration of the sexttacks, right now they're 6 secs long.

The performance issues are common right now since it lacks lots of optimization and no player option to configure it yet. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Bioasshard Arena v.0.0.2 Released!

This one is focused mainly on bugfixing. But also added a feature vastly demanded: Settings Menu.

From this menu you can configure many aspects of the game like Audio, Graphics and Gameplay stuff (including a configuration for the Sexttacks duration :D)

Good news: 

• All the bugfixes made!
  • 17 total changes, including Add-on, Changes and Bugfixes!
  • Settings Menu available in the Main Menu/Title Screen and the Pause Menu during game!
  • Updated the Readme! file with the new stuff so read it, please!

Bad news: 

• After so many days talking about a patch for the new version, it ended up being a fully-rebuilded version. Sorry about that. Because we added a new plugin, the patch wasn't able to add the necessary dependencies.
  • Tried to fix the "exploding model" glitch just to discover that my PC said "enough is enough". I'm unable to import new models with morphs... So this means this will be limiting a lot unless we start getting more support that allows us to finally get new hardware and send these ones to hell.
  • Early version has been removed from the server. So this way you can always download the latest version (this is for now, when we release an actual patch, the version won't be removed obviously xD).

Download Link

One last thing: From now on, the next versions will be released according to our Tiers. Meaning it won't be publicly available at the same date as for Patrons and also different Tiers will get the updates at different Release dates as mentioned in the Tiers descriptions. 

And don't forget to give us feedback, suggestions and report any bug you may find :blush: (I expected more interest for this game in this great community)

Good concept but I Think you have to focus first in the gameplay, the controls are terrible It feels worse than the first RE.

I hope you fix this naked and then not naked again attacks.

Perhaps a darker atmosphere with some blood I don´t know.

hi ,i will make alot of feedback, as i notice alot of thing,

you should add mouse cursor at the opening  widget as i  find it weird not able to use the mouse and choose. 

you may want to lower down the spring arm of the cam. it seem a little too high.

the aim is a little high .

the shoe skin weight is off when is running, same goes with the skirt running and walking .(some small area.)

the breast keep jumping around when shooting and reload and knife atk , i not too sure what you did, but i think you add the fk bone thing to make the breast move, if is me i will just make it as animation.

the render , over all i see that your material need to add a lot of texture to make it look nice, like ao and normal map. 

,  it seem to me, you make the wall render with out a normal map

the girl skin render you should add more texture, to make it look more better. if don't know how, you maybe want to download some of the unreal material (from the learn)

same with the clothing, can use more texture.

and i don't see any moving shadow at all. and i only see very little static shadow.  did you build the light?

and the lighting, you may want to add more light, for shadow. but remember , you can only have 3 light with moving shadow together.

and make it darker by using the post process volume, exposure.

for char moving, the rotation for stand and walking/aim is diff, i feel weird to have that. should just have the same rotation,  don't slow it down.

and talking about rotation, i do hope that can see the face,

the water particle system  it seem to me  it drop the fps.

and did you put the light mass importance volume?

and maybe you want to put more reflection capture on the water.

the animation, the walking part, i don't see any blend animation, i not sure how you set it but you really should use blend space.

when the char jump the wall, there is no blend animation too.

the monster walking animation and moving is diff speed. maybe you want to do something with it.

maybe you want to add blood when the monster got shot. maybe spawn  deferred decal with blood when shot.  and why do you make the blood with widget animation? that is weird to me.

well i guess that it for now.

@Mephistus  it will be better if you give more information then improve the control , to really  let them to improve it.

On 5/5/2018 at 12:50 PM, Mephistus said:

Thank you for your feedback! :smile:

Controls has nothing to do with the first RE. We tried to mimic the ones from RE5, and honestly I think we did it pretty well.

There's a cloth damage system in the works. It will be, when ready, available. ;)

We'll focus on the atmosphere in the game. The Arena is more focused on gameplay, mechanics and features. Also we couldn't add anything else to the map (yeah, we know it's too simple) because this PC can't handle anymore.

On 5/5/2018 at 4:43 PM, kinre said:

Wow man! That's a lot of feedback! Thank you very much for this :blush:

I see you're getting into UE4, that's cool.

Mouse only works as a "right stick" in the game. That would involve a lot of work just for that. Widgets make no use of buttons so they're not mouse ready.

The animation being high has nothing to do with the spring arm but with the aiming animation themselves. That's one of the tasks we have in our list of fixes: to make the aiming animations to properly point the center of the screen.

The cloth making weird things it's caused because of the difference in topology with the body mesh and the cloth meshes. That one will be fixed when the task of "making a proper model for Jill" in "things we want to add" is done ;).

About the breast, well, right now Jill has no proper breast rig, just one joint in each one and the movement is made by using the springs. When the new Jill model comes in I'll try to make them totally dynamic with collisions but that's still in the works and will take some time.

Every material makes use of normal maps or real time normal generated maps. When you say render, you're referring to the atmosphere of the map. That's related to the post-process stuff. We're not using AO maps as of yet but instead using RTAO (you can see it working if you look at the cables on the walls and go into Pause/options menu and swap through the different graphic levels, you'll see how RTAO gets stronger or even disabled when in low settings).

To see the normals on the walls, just look at the points where it shines the most, where the light is "impacting" in them.

Same applies to skin and cloth. Skin is using the skin material provided by epic, with some extras to use specular and glossy maps.

Yeah, there are almost no dynamic shadows, and that's a lot on purpose, based on the main reference (RE5). We used the postprocess from the realistic character example from epic and that one gave that feel. There's no need to build the light when you're not using static lighting at all. At first we were using LPV but because it's not production ready, we got rid of it. But we're still using real-time illumination. I don't like the eye adaption UE4 uses with the exposure and that's why we don't use it. We'll probably get back to lightmass at some point, because performance-wise it's better to use it.

What do you mean with rotation being different? When aiming rotation is slower because the rotation speed setting (you can change it at will) is slower. Default movement cam speed is 5 while aiming one is 3.

The cam system is mimicking the one from RE5 too so seeing the face is not a possibility, sorry :cry:

Everything related to the water is pretty heavy and resource demanding, that's why in the settings there's a specific one for the water details. If you have a modern pc, set the water to high to see it at maximum quality with reflections. Water material has over 900 instructions.

Lightmass Importance Volume is irrelevant when not using lightmass :tongue:

And believe me I don't want to put in more reflection capture spheres xD. A sewer-type of map's dirty water it's not that much reflective (even now I think it's too much).

I use a lot of blend-spaces, 1D and 2D. I see no problem in the animation blendings, it could have more animation transitions* but we're not animators so that's hard to make. Overall is pretty similar to RE5 even in transitions, I think.

Yeah, the Infected's animations are just placeholders and really horrible, that's something I mentioned in the first post. It's added to the list of things to add. Right now they make no use of root motion or any curve custom values for speed. That will be fixed in the future.

Splash decals will definitely make their way in, once we get enough support to get new hardware. Right now, the way it is, it's at its max of what it can handle. Can't have more decals on screen without crashing.

What do you mean with "why do you make the blood with widget animation?" There's nor widget animation with blood at all. Maybe you're referring to the blood in the screen borders when getting damaged? If that's what you mean, then it's not any widget animation (no UMG involved in that) but a post process material.

Thank once again for your feedback :smiley:

Keep'em coming! :blush:

3 hours ago, VersusX said:

The animation being high has nothing to do with the spring arm but with the aiming animation themselves. That's one of the tasks we have in our list of fixes: to make the aiming animations to properly point the center of the screen.

well i guess, by that it mean the way that your way and my way of making this part is very diff.

Every material makes use of normal maps or real time normal generated maps. When you say render, you're referring to the atmosphere of the map. That's related to the post-process stuff. We're not using AO maps as of yet but instead using RTAO (you can see it working if you look at the cables on the walls and go into Pause/options menu and swap through the different graphic levels, you'll see how RTAO gets stronger or even disabled when in low settings).

To see the normals on the walls, just look at the points where it shines the most, where the light is "impacting" in them.

Same applies to skin and cloth. Skin is using the skin material provided by epic, with some extras to use specular and glossy maps.

i don't know what is RTAO mean, but i my self don't use too many post process atlast for the atmosphere, i try to make good material , so it can be reuse easy, and your way is very diff from my, and i will say it does not look that good , but well i can't say much if you think your way is better.

Yeah, there are almost no dynamic shadows, and that's a lot on purpose, based on the main reference (RE5). We used the postprocess from the realistic character example from epic and that one gave that feel. There's no need to build the light when you're not using static lighting at all. At first we were using LPV but because it's not production ready, we got rid of it. But we're still using real-time illumination. I don't like the eye adaption UE4 uses with the exposure and that's why we don't use it. We'll probably get back to lightmass at some point, because performance-wise it's better to use it.

......... don't really know why you want to do this but ok.......

What do you mean with rotation being different? When aiming rotation is slower because the rotation speed setting (you can change it at will) is slower. Default movement cam speed is 5 while aiming one is 3.

The cam system is mimicking the one from RE5 too so seeing the face is not a possibility, sorry :cry:

by that i mean the cam turning, not moving speed. and i didn't check the setting, if can change well not a problem then.

Everything related to the water is pretty heavy and resource demanding, that's why in the settings there's a specific one for the water details. If you have a modern pc, set the water to high to see it at maximum quality with reflections. Water material has over 900 instructions.

Lightmass Importance Volume is irrelevant when not using lightmass :tongue:

And believe me I don't want to put in more reflection capture spheres xD. A sewer-type of map's dirty water it's not that much reflective (even now I think it's too much).

i try all setting,  again i feel the way that your render it does not look good.

I use a lot of blend-spaces, 1D and 2D. I see no problem in the animation blendings, it could have more animation transitions* but we're not animators so that's hard to make. Overall is pretty similar to RE5 even in transitions, I think.

........  are you sure you use it? because when the animation change it does not blend.  and that have nothing to do with animation .

(atlast the one that i say before)

and it seem to me that you are using a low end pc. how low are you aiming to be?

On 5/7/2018 at 5:52 PM, kinre said:

and it seem to me that you are using a low end pc. how low are you aiming to be?

My PC specs are mentioned in the first post, they are low as hell. I'm not aiming to make it any lower but limited by that actual PC. With enough support, new hardwares will come and there won't be anymore low end PC.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:53 PM, GriffGraff said:

The amount of fertile ground (ba-dum-tish) for an RE porn game is massive, I like.

Yeah it's massive :smiley:. There's still lots of unexplored possibilities :tongue:

Wow, this is amazing. Looking forward to seeing its progress.  Love the damage detail. 
Great work on the animations too, it's a shame I can only see two of them before dying :tongue:
dropped ammo dissapears a bit too quickly though, at the last bit I couldn't kill a few zombies and then lure them away and run back for the ammo. (or was this by design?)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 6:58 PM, FusRoDah said:

Wow, this is amazing. Looking forward to seeing its progress.  Love the damage detail. 
Great work on the animations too, it's a shame I can only see two of them before dying :tongue:
dropped ammo dissapears a bit too quickly though, at the last bit I couldn't kill a few zombies and then lure them away and run back for the ammo. (or was this by design?)

Thank you! i'm glad you like it :smile:

Hopefully soon green herbs will be in and it will be harder to die xD.

Yeah, right now dropped ammo stays there for like 20 seconds. Maybe that will be tweaked in later releases ^^.

Thank you for your feedback!

Bioasshard Arena v.0.0.3 Released!

Exactly as it reads :smile: A new version has been released.
Not many adds on this one as we're trying to refine/bug-fix what we have now before starting to add more to it.
This time is the first patch. So it's a smaller size.

To install it, you just have to open the .rar file and uncompress both files to the same exact place where you have the 0.0.2 version as stated in the Readme! file. (One of the two files in the .rar is the Readme! file so just select 'yes' when prompted to override the older 0.0.2 version Readme! one).

Then execute the Patch Installer and it will auto-update the game for you.

The reason for this small patch?

Well basically the main reason is to see if we finally managed to fix one of the main bugs: the "exploding" Jill model. This bug should be fixed with this patch. For the complete changelog, please, read the "Readme!" file.

Download Link for version 0.0.3

Please, enjoy, share and if you like follow/support us ;)

And feedback is very welcome! :smiley: 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

HI, first off. great idea and the game was quite fun and bring back a lot of memory with the control. However, I am having a problem running the game. the game keep on crashing when I see the first zombie in the second room. can u give me a minimum requirement spec for this game. I want to be able to play a little further. 

here are some opinion I wishes to share. using the asdf for moving is ok, but it get kind of trouble to use the mouse for camera angleing. I think using the old system like back in re1 n 2 would be simpler and more convenient. I noticed the space bar is using for knife aiming and right mouse for gun aiming. I think using just the space bar for aiming the equipped weapon is enough. I am using a laptop and holding down the right mouse to aim is very troublesome as my laptop only allow 1 button to be press at a time, thus holding the right mouse meaning I cant shoot.  please add a button configuration. 

I was a Patreon backer... there were no updates posted on Saturdays as they should have been, lost of complaining about his PC performance. Maybe it's my business background, but his PC issues should be his issues, not something used as an excuse to abandon work, fix it. Take a loan, do what you have to. tape some damn RAM on the side of the tower. Us backers could buy him a new PC, that wouldn't fix the procrastination issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, @Dojo_dude

Spoiler

looks like you were totally wrong.

the game is not abandoned as that it's not our style.

"there were no updates posted on Saturdays as they should have been"

excuse me? Where did we tell we had to post updates on Saturdays? We've been posting updates almost every Monday. And that's what we keep doing.

About the PC problems, they're not excuses for anything, just saying the truth because we prefer to act with total transparency instead of giving false info like some other saying everything is going perfect but then releases never come. Looks like some people prefers that, my bad. But we won't change minds.

We didn't abandon anything as I already said. But it's funny to see someone talks about "procrastination" when he has totally no idea of what he's talking about. Not many creators you'll see (well, actually you can't see us, so you can keep thinking we procrastinate) working almost the entire day with no time left for anything else, even more with the earnings we get. Me, personally have almost no time to even get online on discord to talk with my peeps on VXS channel. But yeah kepp talking shit you know nothing about.

"Us backers could buy him a new PC"

Meh. I won't even bother to answer that. But hey, you know we're two devs, right? but what you don't know is how we split the earnings or how many things we have to spend the money on, so better think twice before writing, it's not that hard.

oh @Mephistus

Spoiler

The game is not abandoned at all, it's just that the next version it's taking more time because it will have a lot of new stuff. Also don't expect the news in here where it had almost no activity from people around here. The updates are in our patreon and blogs. And you can also join our discord. It's hard to going over every forum and community posting the updates, so it's better to focus them all in one or two places. We let the forum updates for releases and really important stuff. 

@TerryHHH

Spoiler

I'm sorry to hear about that problem. It's the the first time someone reported it, but I can't seem to reproduce it. It probably is because of the specs, maybe low ram? or maybe using an intel gpu? I have to say, that level seem to be unoptimized, and we'll try to fix that for the next version, starting with the water. It's using a very complex shader and we'll have to get rid of it.

About the controls, they're basically using the scheme from RE5. WE decided to use that because we didn't play it on PC but on PS3. So using a controller gives you the exact same control map as the PS3/XBOX version has. We want to add a control config system in the future.

Also keep in mind the knife doesn't act as the gun because it's not an equipped weapon through the inventory. It acts the same as in RE4, RE5, etc, where the knife is an extra weapon. That's why it uses a different button to aim with it.

About the min specs, I'd say to take a look at the min required specs to run UE4, you can find on here: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Recommended_Hardware

it's been a long time since the last time I updated in here so I have to apologize for that. But we're really busy working in the next version.

Being this an important date for such a project we wanted to give a gift for everyone ?

So we made an small project for today, called:

Bioasshard Secret Files: Failed Experiment

It's a comic that shows an small but important part of the story for the Bioasshard game.
It also features a new character ?

The download is already available in our patreon for patrons.
And will be released for everyone later today in our blogs (here and here)

Hope you like it and please have a Happy Halloween! ?

• 8 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, chem321 said:

Traler looks awesome, pledged, keep up the good work!

Thank you!

On 7/28/2019 at 11:41 AM, Chiisai said:

So not to be annoying or anything, but the latest public patch is constantly being flagged as a virus

Maybe caused by your antivirus? Dunno, it's the first time somebody reported that. Have you downloaded from a reliable resource? (our patreon or blog) The patch is just pure UE4 code compressed in a rar installed to easy everything.

Now for everyone: The highest tier release is now available in our Patreon!

(also the *tons* of info mentioned is also available to read in our patreon, don't worry is a public post)