[WIP]Bioasshard (New public version available)

8 hours ago, VersusX said:

Maybe caused by your antivirus? Dunno, it's the first time somebody reported that. Have you downloaded from a reliable resource? (our patreon or blog) The patch is just pure UE4 code compressed in a rar installed to easy everything.

Possibly, I use windows Antivirus so who knows what the problem is. As for the source, yeah I clicked the link in your blog to download it so I don't understand what's going on. Maybe I'll just wait till the next update is ready

Hey everyone!

Take a look at this first: https://www.patreon.com/posts/28930662 ?

And to let you know, the new version 0.1.18 is already available for FOX and HOUND Patrons! ?

Regards.

@ChiisaiYeah that may have something to do with it. Maybe windows doesn't like winrar compressed files :/. Anyway the new version is already out for FOX and HOUND Patrons and in just a week, the public version will be available ^^. I hope this version solves your problem.

9 hours ago, VersusX said:

@ChiisaiYeah that may have something to do with it. Maybe windows doesn't like winrar compressed files :/. Anyway the new version is already out for FOX and HOUND Patrons and in just a week, the public version will be available ^^. I hope this version solves your problem.

Thing is though I've downloaded many compressed winrar files before. Well we'll see what happens when the new version becomes available. Also, I've been meaning to ask, will the be a chance to not have male infected, and possibly have futa ones, or maybe have the character futa? Or both?

Well people,
the time has come. Here's the public release of version 0.1.18 of the Arena. ?
You can read here about it and get the link to it: POST

Hope you enjoy it,
and if you like, remember you can support the project on Patreon (and also, of course, spreading the word so everyone can know about this project)

@Chisai Here's the new version, hope it works fine for you this time. About your question, well, futa is something we may add in the future but can confirm anything about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

First thing first, let me apologize because I got no notification of new posts in here :( (why is this getting so common for me on forums? -.-)

But with this post I'll answer your questions as this is a release date announcement for the next Bioasshard Arena version (0.2.103)

And that is:

30-12-2019

For the different Patron release dates, please see this link

Hope you like it!

About the Cerberus sexttacks: he should have had in the previous release, but since I screwed up with the code they were bugged, but not anymore. They're working for this newly announced release!

I'll be back with the download link the release day, so please stay tune!

See ya :) 

• 3 weeks later...

And well, here's the release as promised!

Before giving you the link, please notice that we're already aware of an error that's been happening with this new version to some people. It's known as the "Fatal Error" basically because it gives no more information than that. We're trying to figure out the cause to be able to fix it. In the meantime, because it tend to happen in the Exterior area, I recommend you to pass this area as quick as possible, don't lose more time than the necessary.

And here's the link: POST
(I link you to the post, because there's more links and info in there; an special note to AMD GPU users)

• 5 months later...
On 4/19/2018 at 3:13 AM, VersusX said:
LogoPNG.png

Hello everyone!
Here I am today to introduce you the game we, at Versus X Studio, have been working on.

Along with the introduction, there is a download link for the "Bioasshard Arena 0.1.18" (The link will be near the bottom but I recommend you to read this to get what you need to know all about this)

What is Bioasshard?
  Hide contents

It's a 3D game developed in Unreal Engine 4.
It's a pun based on Biohazard (You guessed I think xD). It's an adult parody game based on the Resident Evil franchise.
So you can expect a survival-horror (action-oriented) with infected enemies that will try to get some "relief" on you.
The idea was born from our love to the Resident Evil franchise, specially to the 5th part. This one we played for over hundred hours. So yeah add this to our love for hentai games and the result? Bioasshard.
But don't think this is just based on the action orientation the franchise got from Resident Evil 5 on ahead. Because the second RE game we love the most is the 2ndone. So there will be puzzles and some scary moments too.

What about the story of Bioasshard?
  Hide contents

One thing to keep in mind is: that the release we just made is Bioasshard Arena Playground, so this mean it’s not the game but the proof of concept for it so everyone can see how it is in its early stages of development. So there’s no story in the Arena. This said, the story for the game is already written.

Have you wondered what would of have happened if c*pcom wouldn't have destroyed Resident Evil with RE6?
Well we did and this is the result.
Bioasshard's plot occurs right after the events of Resi-Evil 5. A few months later to be more specific.
Avoiding spoilers, I'll tell a few of our heroes has been captured and held hostage in a god-forsaken island to be used in some unknown experiments... So they'll have to try and find an escape from there... And that's all I can say for now :/.

How is it gameplay-wise?
  Reveal hidden contents

• 3rd person shooter. With over-the-shoulder camera and closer view with aiming.
  • I guess I can resume it saying: "it's like Resident Evil 5 with some extra mechanics like puzzles and with sexual-attacks".
  • As for the controls, I'd like to say I wanted it focused for gamepad-play but I have no pc-gamepad so I couldn't test it. The mechanics are there but untested. They should work but things like camera movement or aiming mechanics may feel rough. This obviously means you can play it with keyboard+mouse.

Adult content?

Hide contents

One thing to keep in mind is: with this release there’s no CGs so there’s only “one element” of adult content. This said:
It mainly focused on two types of content:
  1. Story-wise sex
  2. Enemy attacks, called Sexttacks. That's the main effect the new virus causes on infected people: To search uninfected targets to "force" them to have sex.
The first type is the one that happens because of the story. This one is more cinematic and of a better quality than the second one.
The sexttacks are the more common type (well it all depends on your skills to be honest :P). Right now, in the Arena, 3 different types are present.

Current state of the project?

Reveal hidden contents

It's been more than year since the development started. A lot of systems are already programmed and lots of them are already in the Arena.
The majority of the systems has been already discussed during the Meguido's Reports on Patreon.
I'd say the 90% or more of the player's mechanics are already done.
The Infected have a basic AI in place they spot/hear you, they chase you, they attack you, they stun you then they sexttack you wink.png.
Let's 'resume' it this way:
  • What it has
    • Resident Evil 2 Remake - alike character movement style
    • Walk
    • Run
    • Quick-turn
    • Jump up
    • Jump Down
    • Jump Over obstacles
    • Aiming system with fire-weapons
    • Aiming system with survival knife
    • Quick Knife Attack
    • Inventory (RE5-Style)
    • Inventory shortcuts (easy access to inventory slots)
    • Pause Menu
    • Main Menu (Title-screen)
    • Game Over Menu
    • Patch/DLC system
    • Interacting with: Doors, puzzles, items, key items...
    • Infected basic AI
    • Damage system based on damaged part for enemies (yeah aim for the head if you don't want to make it the hard way xD)
    • Damage system based on position to target for the Player (watch out for attacks from your back; they can get you stunned in no time)
    • Physical attack system / Reaction system to sexttacks (a very useful area range counter-attack to get rid of the enemies around you)
    • Climb ladders
    • Enemy item-drop-when-dead system (some drop always, some drop randomly)
    • Use Item system (like green/green+red/blue herbs)
    • Cloth damage system
    • Fix clothes system
    • Heal Inflation system
    • And a LOT more... make sure to read the ChangeLog in the README! file
    • Weapon upgrade system -not available yet in the Arena-
    • Mod system for Infected's appearance -not available yet in the Arena-
    • Save system -not available yet in the Arena-
    • Taunt -not available yet in the Arena-
    • Map -not available yet in the Arena (and not necessary in there I think xD)-
    • Gold system -not available yet in the Arena-
  • What it does not have (yet)
    • More types of Infected (lickers, crows... you know the beloved fauna of the Resident Evil universe)
    • Group sexttacks (the possibility for more enemies to join the party :3)
    • More weapon types (only two in the Arena right now: pistol and survival-knife)
    • Physical damage system (you know that feeling when you shot an enemy to the leg to go near him to get a context action attack to crush him down or get on his back to break his neck)
    • An Intermission screen (with a shop and where the weapon upgrade system is placed)
    • A difficulty mode selection screen (you know, for different kind of players)
  • What we want to add
    • A proper physics interaction system (with real interactions and collisions for boobies and all)
    • Transition animations for sexttacks (instead of that black fade out)
    • Smoother transitions for the different animations overall
    • Bosses, of course
    • QTE-sequences (that op Chris combo-ing that gigantic rock in the middle of a volcano <3)
    • And a lot more of that Resident Evil-esque universe stuff
    •  

Media

Download link

Hide contents

(Controls are included in the Readme file)

Known Bugs / Glitches

Take a closer look at it in the README! file

•   Reveal hidden contents

• In some rare occasions an enemy can get stuck in wall or some furniture (this is probably caused after jumping)
    • Sometimes the enemy acts too retarded and just stays in place waiting for his upcoming death (take it as a free kill for now lol)
    • Sometimes after shooting an enemy he will fly to the floor just to end up in a basic stand up idle animation when he should end up lying in the floor
    • Sometimes, specially right after an enemy jumped over an obstacle, when you shoot said enemy it will change his animation to laying on floor
    • The Cerberus may enter berserk state making one attack just right after the other in a loop (don’t try to shoot him right away, try to runaway instead, then aim again, for now lol)
    • The Cerberus won't play his Sexttacks animations nor Grab ones (his code was made too fast and need some rework to make it work properly)
    • There may be some enemies that don’t want to move, more like walking/running in place (this one is UE4’s navmesh system fault, not ours. Maybe someday will see a bug-free UE4 version… maybe someday)

Hope you like it. Please enjoy and share!

Any feedback is (as always) welcome :blush:
If you like what you see, you can support the project on Patreon (and also, spread the word everywhere, so everyone can find about this project)

Game is no longer on link

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Holy cow. Looking at some relatively recent (last month) vids via tube and phub, this project has come a really long way. You can still see the old videos for comparison - the environments look fantastic, and so does the character.

Perfect chest, by the way. I know that's a matter of taste, but they're perfect.

Three things though. One, her eyes don't seem to be lit by the environment and look out of place. Maybe it's the reflectivity. Eye customization would be good, or at least some limbal rings (the dark ring around the colored iris, it fades as you get older) to break it up.

Two, the camera really should be just a little bit lower. I know this is RE and a tight camera is the thing, but you should be able to see the southern assets from a standing position.

Three,

On 5/31/2020 at 10:01 PM, John3954 said:

As for the controls, I'd like to say I wanted it focused for gamepad-play but I have no pc-gamepad so I couldn't test it. The mechanics are there but untested. They should work but things like camera movement or aiming mechanics may feel rough. This obviously means you can play it with keyboard+mouse.

EDIT. Found a video with the options menu, and my dumbass redundant suggestion is already included. Dumbass redundant suggestion left below for honesty's sake.

I'd suggest two camera sensitivity values - one for looking, one for aiming. With a gamepad, you want low aiming sensitivity for precision, but high turning sensitivity so you can see what's happening around you. If the turning and the aiming sensitivities use the same value, then the player has to choose between being able to shoot accurately but not able to look around fast, or being able to look around fast but not able to hit anything. Between those choices, they'll pick mouse and keyboard instead.

But this project is looking amazing.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...