Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Announced

nonusnomeni

After DA2 and ME3' date=' I'm not going to pre-order another thing from Bioware EA anytime soon. If it's great I'll buy it, of course, but I refuse to pad the "most anticipated" game statistics in their favour with my pre-order. This time I'll wait for some reviews I can actually trust.

[/quote']

I sadly, would have to agree with you.

I don't have any faith in bioware left after the ME3 debacle.

After DA2 and ME3' date=' I'm not going to pre-order another thing from Bioware EA anytime soon. If it's great I'll buy it, of course, but I refuse to pad the "most anticipated" game statistics in their favour with my pre-order. This time I'll wait for some reviews I can actually trust.

[/quote']

Happened to me after nwn, but hey welcome to the club :P

[/quote']

Happened to me after nwn, but hey welcome to the club :P

I may not pre-order it... but see if they can stop me getting it out of that bargain bin in two years :P

Lost my faith in Bioware EA after DA2. Will probably be ignoring DA3' date=' just like I did ME3. Evidently that was the right call - and doubt this time will be any different.

[/quote']

:P i liked DA2... maybe thats just me though.

My friend your missing out on a real treat with ME3... so what yea the ending isn't great... the musical score is fantastic, in fact some of the best I've ever heard, the gameplay keeps you on your toes, and the character design is still top notch.

ME3 is now a bargain bin game, its worth at least £15:D

:Braces for the inevitable onslaught of hate:

P.S. I am not an EA fanboy, after what they did to Command and Conquer... they should all be sent to the depths of hell.

ME3 is now a bargain bin game' date=' its worth at least £15:D

:Braces for the inevitable onslaught of hate:

P.S. I am not an EA fanboy, after what they did to Command and Conquer... they should all be sent to the depths of hell.

[/quote']

ROFL!!!! :D

There won't be any hate. That load has already been spent. Once it reaches $10-15 dollars US (or whatever that translates to in Euro's) then I would recommend folks pick it up.

I am wondering if the DA3 team has picked up any lessons from the ME3 one's mistakes, as well as their own. It has the potential if they return to the 1st games roots and story line to be epic. I just wonder if they have any creative talent left.

Oh man, don't get me started on the command & conquer deal. I was so angry with what EA did to that franchise! They could have made games for freaking ever in that universe, if they had played their cards right. Instead it was like they purposefully set out to sabotage the franchise for some strange reason. That sucker could have been a HUGE cash cow......:-/

Late 2013! That's like a year. But they also said it will be on the Frostbite 2 engine. Hell, yes, that might mean an actually really good looking DA game. So, I'm stoked.

As to pre-order, who pre-orders games? I would never pre-order even my most anticipated game from any dev.

And I did like ME3 and DA2 more than most. Specifically about DA2, the major problem was the whole rehashing of environments by being limited to just one main location, which I think everyone agreed was a problem and an easy lesson to learn from, so am not expecting them to repeat that mistake. I don't really see how the ME3 problems could apply for DA3 because there's no main character or choices to culminate and disappoint.

If they're gonna fuck it up, it would have to be in an all new BioWare fashion! (Saying that for those who didn't like DA2 or ME3.)

No preorder from me. ME3 was slap in the face, DA2 was fun, but it was heading in different direction from what made Origins great. And as a sequel it was big dissapointment. And now that bioware is slapping MP on every game (thanks to EA) and ruining once great games, I will no longer support them. And that's a shame really, because BW was great (if not the best RPG) developer...

The only plus side the game will get is a bigger map as for what they'll keep....

It has been confirmed that the character will be fully voiced and that the dialogue wheel from Dragon Age II will return

The plot in DA3 is likely going to take place in Orlais (still unconfirmed) though it's going to take place somewhere more "French"

The plot from DA2 continues (Chantry against Templars)

As for those that wants to play as the main character from DA2. They'll get to play as a new main character

No buy from me (just like I didn't buy DA2 or ME3)

Wait....what? You won't be able to play as either the warden or Hawke? You have to start a completely new character?????? I hope that is not correct!

If it is correct then this release will tank from day one. Why bother calling it DA3 if you are just going to introduce F'ing a new PC each and every game. Folks get attached to a PC and that is what helps suck them into the continuations. I am hoping they did not make such a stupid mistake, and that this is just misinformation.

How old was that post from Mike?

The folks at bioware just seem to be getting more and more stupid. Why was Mass Effect a hit? Because it was a massive space opera that allowed you to role play a single character across multiple games.

DA2 was a flop. They picked a new PC and went cheap\lazy on all the wrong things. Now instead of learning from their mistakes on DA2 they are going to repeat at least one of them?

Looks like I will be picking this one up when steam has it on sale for 5 bucks, if it is even worth that.

Best of luck bioware, it was nice knowing you.

It should be a bit over a year old considering the article was posted last of August 2011. So quite outdated. However the Bioware forums are just a bunch of "we want this and that or not that".

But it's a bit more interesting instead of the Bioware blog which only reveals this

The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.

We won't be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.

This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It's composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.

We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armor and followers… Yeah, that kind of customization. We've started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.

Still, expect the DA2 story to be continued, that's something that isn't going to change.

The blog can be found here

Just found this bit. It looks like a lot of people wants the Origin stories for DA3.

Origins stories poll

• 1 month later...

I think the story Of DA 3 will be like the 3rd book of gaider with lordseeker lambert as main commandant of the templar and it will maybe the boss of Da3.

Story of the Book. So only read if you have readed the book.

The book of DA is now after the story of Da2. Wynne died in the book to use the spirit of her body to reborn evangline the girlfriend of her son Rhys. maybe Rhys , Evangline and leliana also shale will be in Da3 as joinable Characters again.

And the most unknown thing is that A war is caused in Orlais in some town and the entire Orlais state is killing each other. But nothing is said about the main problems in this war. The story is just focused on the Templar vs mage conflict. And why anders have killed Elthina in Kirkwall. So The war in orlais havent anything to do with the conflict of mage and templars. I think the main story is another big deal.

Characters that will appear:

- Shale

- Leliana

- Rhys

- Adrian ( A friend of Rhys)

- Lordseeker Lambert

- Fiona the grey warden mage from Book 2 ( She was a special Friend of Marric)

- Well enough spoiling

That are only some thoughts from the book.

Eradawn, it's supposed to take place after Asunder; the books Gaider writes fill in gaps before and between games, not novelize the games before they make them.

Whether that means the game will focus on the actual war between Templars and Mages, or if that will happen in the background/end partway through the game, leaving us to deal with some other, 'larger' issue, is currently unknown. Given that the conflict is going to massively weaken the Andrastian countries of Thedas, with the threats of Tevinter and the Qunari looming to the north, I'd really love to see the game move on to something else.

(I'd also like to see a game dealing with the situation elves are in, but given that we're stuck as a human protagonist in DA:I, I know it's not going to happen in that one.)

Archived