Bondage gear without Sexlab?

That really depends on what you mean by "unwanted parts." You can install the sexlab framework and no other mods that actually use it, and it will sit there basically doing nothing as no mods will trigger animations.

I don't know of any other bondage mods that don't require sexlab. The zaz animation pack can be installed without it but won't function if it isn't there.

Well, the Zaz animations work without it (via the three spells it gives), they just don't have any functional effect, just visual ;)

Overall, I don't want to load down my game with scripts and animation files and such that I just don't need, no matter whether they would get triggered or not.

On 4/11/2018 at 1:46 PM, Phelan42 said:

Is there something like Devious Devices that does not have Sexlab as a requirement? Or is it possible to install SL and disable all the unwanted parts?

If you know how to clean masters with TES5Edit you could just remove the Sexlab keywords from Devious Devices - Assets and remove Sexlab as a master.  As far as I can tell by glancing at DDA's .esm Sexlab is only a requirement to put the SexlabNoStrip keyword on most of the items.

There's this nondeviousdevices some where here, you just need the meshes and textures from the original and put the .esp file.

It converts all devious devices to non scripted armor pieces. Just search it up in the downloads.

Heh, I do want the locking etc. scripts of the bondage gear, not just the outfits, so the non-devious-devices are of no help ;)

It sounds like the cleaned DDA should do the trick...? I never looked into TES5Edit, the first time I stumbled over a decent how-to-clean-masters was when I had stopped playing it regularly enough, but I guess unless someone who has already done this for themselves should read this and be willing to upload the cleaned DDA, I might give it a shot sometime.

2 minutes ago, Phelan42 said:

Heh, I do want the locking etc. scripts of the bondage gear, not just the outfits, so the non-devious-devices are of no help ;)

It sounds like the cleaned DDA should do the trick...? I never looked into TES5Edit, the first time I stumbled over a decent how-to-clean-masters was when I had stopped playing it regularly enough, but I guess unless someone who has already done this for themselves should read this and be willing to upload the cleaned DDA, I might give it a shot sometime.

You are probably pretty out of luck then, if you want "functional" bondage gear with locking and struggling ect you need the full set of DDA/DDI/DDX.  I doubt that you'd be able to remove Sexlab from all those mods without breaking something vital or causing the mods to become unstable.

DDA by itself I believe is just visual items.  DDI is the mod that actually controls all of the bondage features and ties the DD mods together as a package, and it is heavily scripted and tied in with Sexlab.

Honestly I think you would be better off to install Sexlab and never use it the functionality doesn't interest you.  Sexlab is a framework, it doesn't actually do anything unless you have mods that hook into it to trigger animations, and most Bondage mods will require Sexlab even if their focus isn't on triggering Sexlab scenes (Captured Dreams for example was Sexlab-scene free for a very long time while being one of the premier bondage mods).

Archived